One internet connection (bretty gud around 60mbps)

one internet connection (bretty gud around 60mbps)

two different wireless routers

three different android phones

literally no IM based app works while using the wifi connection on each one of those routers on each one of those phones. cant send/receive shit, the regular browser chrome/whatever works, but i cant send/receive messages in any instant messaging apps.

cellular data works tho

why?

Other urls found in this thread:

thehartleyhooligans.com/p/new-to-my-page-welcome-start-here.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please respond

Because you're a shitty home network engineer.

hahahaahahahaha goddamn ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Damn son.

what?

yeah dont give a shit, it's probably something stupid you're not thinking of, anyway
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THAT CHILD is it concious or what

>what is net send
go back to

microcephaly

Is it possible someone is trolling you and blocking the traffic through some setting on the router? What about PCs, do those same services misbehave on them

That subhuman deserves the mercy of the gas chamber.

>net send

you dumb fuck

>Is it possible someone is trolling you and blocking the traffic through some setting on the router? What about PCs, do those same services misbehave on them

m8 everything's alright on the laptop and desktop, zero problems here, everything works, skype, torrent, mail clients, steam, apt-get update, and so on.

the one thing that's not working is [insert android IM app here]

it's not the fucking routers, i checked and triple checked, they're both reset to default settings (custom mac required by ISP + wpa2 pw setup).

even the fucking android ftp clients work.

>they're both reset to default settings

*as in my default settings

>it's not the fucking routers
>cellular works

pick one

*and this keeps happening since last week or so. havent updated or installed anything on these three phones.

i know it looks like that, but these are two different routers, the one i had and a new one i got from a friend. both dont work. how many should i keep setting up, cause i'm about to get a third one? whats a good number? 12?

i was wondering if someone here has experienced these shenanigans with their service provider.

Zika

the router that's connected to the internet will provide DHCP to the second router which must have DHCP turned off. also, use a LAN port (not the WAN port) on the second router to connect to the first one.

Fucking hell, they're not both connected at the same time, i specifically mentioned that i tried them both one at a time and they dont seem to work with the phone's IM shit.

Welcome to the show:
thehartleyhooligans.com/p/new-to-my-page-welcome-start-here.html?m=1

you need to set up port forwarding in the router. the ports that need to be forwarded depend on your IM app. the router may have a builtin selection for your IM -- no need to specify port ranges if so.