Sup Forums why are you so bad at math...

Sup Forums why are you so bad at math? Why do you think it's so useless because "muh programmers never need math" even your own lord and savoir RMS took Math 55 at Harvard.

math is gay dude

Mathematics aren't hard unless you are doing novel work, why don't you link us your thesis?

Otherwise its just grunt work of practicing abstract reasoning.

Most of it will be completely inapplicable to solving real problems, and a computer scientist that encounters a "real problem" will probably be able to approximate an almost optimal solution either from domain expertise or algebra.

I only have high school math and I'm doing just fine as a programmer :^)

Math is very easy to forget. I do quite a bit of linear algebra for work, but I'm almost certain I'd fail a calc1 exam.

But I understand that just fine.

Measure theory ftw.

this

> tfw only took bare mathematics requirements for computer science in university
> making $150k/yr
it just... feels... good.

That's because linear algebra and calc are rather separable.

Gonna in math after I transfer to an actual university, actually. Fuccin' love it. That said, I haven't self-studied much. I remember in 7th grade I taught myself up to elementary calculus, but I stopped after that and can't do much beyond the Chain Theorem

This topic is proof that Sup Forums is retarded lmao

I has a class similar to this in my senior year (Formal methods and Semantics).

This is pretty much on point. First order logic, Hoare logic, proving correctness (singular direction; not completeness) of a specification, algebraic specifications, etc, were interesting (if not draining), but don't serve me at work. It's good information to hold onto conceptually in the back of your head, but often isn't of much use.

I enjoyed my senior architecture and computer organization course more.

get out, ranjet. You are not welcome here.

Why does it feel good to live in poverty? I don't get this.

lmao lesbo set :-----DDDDDDDDD

I was el classico "gifted" student all the way through high school in math, but once I got to combinatorics/linear algebra it all went to shit. I get a headache just by looking at images like OP's

ans: either 0, infinite or i.
It's always 0, infinite or i.

Fuck lebesgue integral. Its one of the most useless shits ever.

High level math is too bad, learning what the notation means is fucking tedious; how do you search google about functions, subscripts meaning and braces and that sort of shit?

Math is useless

In the same manner that Stroustrup invented C++ to give programmers a job and a feeling of unfulfillment for eternity, Cantor invented set theory for mathematicians.

Set theory is the C++ of mathematics: bloated, superficial, redundant.

holy shit somewhat went to all the trouble of formalizing that. did this actually pass peer review or is it all nonsense?

is this the power of weapons-grade autism?

someone just typed it up in latex

Only people who don't know anything about math like it. Anyone with a proper upper level math heavy education would know
- that math sucks
- to avoid it whenever possible

Math is easy
what are you working on?

Anyone into mathbooks?

my favourite readings are

References
B. Bose, L. E. Bhabha, and S. Cayley. Positivity methods in advanced numerical knot theory. Journal of p-Adic Category Theory, 791:20–24, December 2003.
E. Bose. Statistical Model Theory. Birkh¨auser, 1993.
C. Chern and U. Kobayashi. A Beginner’s Guide to Topology. Prentice Hall, 2001.
O. Conway, Steve Jobs, and K. Williams. On the classification of differentiable, affine, left-parabolic homeomorphisms. Turkish Journal of Pure Probability, 40:520–525, June 1986.

That is not really complex at all. I'll admit it may look scary if you are not familiar with integral calculus

Good trolling, mate.

kek
k e k

>tfw hopeless at maths
>tfw can't even do highschool maths properly
>can make microcontrollers work with whatever basic knowledge of maths I have
>currently in college, maths is still raping my ass
>want to get good so that I can relate to great physicists better

It's the other way around dude, Indians have stupid good math for some reason