This is what a sophisticated DE looks like

allow me to explain 3 incredibly powerful things here:

global search/lookup: you can right click anything, anywhere and get the option to 'lookup'. this allows you to see definition, thesaurus and also wikipedia/twitter/social media if relevant (i.e. you lookup Eminem)

finder: the finder is the most advanced GUI based file manager out of any OS. it comes with column view and allows you to batch rename an x amount of files

terminal: as a unix system, you are free to access an endless amount of free software packages.

not only is macOS the most powerful OS, it is the most user friendly as well. and on top of that, it is the most aesthetic as well. how in the fuck does apple manage to stay so fuckign ahead of the competition is beyond me, like JEEEESUSSSSS

Other urls found in this thread:

en.shindanmaker.com/576338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this the new desktop thread

My Linux pc does all those things

Sage since this is a "look at my cool OS" thread but will still get 300 responses

i never use the lookup feature, or even itunes

all this OS is good for over linux is running a select few proprietary programs.

>most user firendly
it's different from windows therefore it is not. touche, nerds.

>t. mactoddler

woah man, this is accurate

check it out yo

en.shindanmaker.com/576338

>finder: the finder is the most advanced GUI based file manager out of any OS. it comes with column view and allows you to batch rename an x amount of files
So... Just like Explorer?
>terminal
Windows 10 comes with the whole Ubuntu, binary compatible. Who the fuck needs that anyway.

Nautilus > Finder
GNOME > *

I can't use an OS that doesn't have search bar with boolean operations support in browser's file picker so I'm stuck with Windows.

Cool story bro!

Nautilus is a fucking nightmare

>instant recursive search where it doesn't belong
>fuckhuge icon spacing and sizing that you can't change (even macs can do that)
>a new featured removed every week

Install dolphin

Also it has to instantly open a folder with 70k images, and show previews wherever I'm currently at. Linux file managers choked on that even when I had way less files.

Finder does this.

Organize your memes loser

>Install dolphin
This.

Dolphin has ruined me for any other file manager.

It is organized way better than whatever you have, I use a tag based system.

@58400141 (OP)

the worst looking mac desktop I've ever seen, no (You) for you, poor taste

I'll give it to instead

I don't keep large collections of images on my computer or waste my time tagging everything when folders are the de-facto standard.

Folders become unnavigateable once they reach 2k files.

how often does that happen, and who has time to tag 2000 files?

sounds like you scrape boorus

>a fucking leaf

>nicone
>nico
>ne

>this is what *Babies* first DE looks like
FTFY

Haha, this is a fake. Probably created with imagemagick. The original is made by a transchick with m-health problems.

wow rude

>16:9

yes?

Post the image on the left please

that will be 5 yous pls

Get this plebeian trash outta here

haha le rustle meme
i understood that reference :p

As usual.

But can you understand why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Been there used that. No, it's what a dumbed down piece of shit that still won't allow you to cut and paste to move a file in 2017 looks like. (They FINALLY added copy/paste a couple of years ago, but not cut/paste)

What's with the 1980s-1990s gay pride Apple logo?

cmd c to copy
cmd v to paste
cmd option v to move (cut equivalent)
don't blame the OS when it's your own fault for not learning how to use it

If that does actually work in Finder then I'm surprised. But it's still a "special" OS that has to do things differently instead of just using ctrl-x like everything else. You shouldn't need to learn the snowflake way of doing everything.

Oh boy, wait until you find out about vim and emacs.

you shouldn't get mad at an OS and talk shit about it when a simple google search would have shown you how to do it
i thought we were on Sup Forums?

No games

No, windows (DOS) invented the PC before you were born. If you do anything differently you're just a special snowflake retard.

>wahh my windows baby duck syndrome
lol

That's why vim and emacs are also shit, just for different reasons. While macOS forces you to Google things so that having a menu item with a shortcut descriptor next to it doesn't confuse toddlers, the OSS stuff goes for maximum autism and makes you press a fucking colon and try to remember random letters.

WOOSH.

Wait am I getting "wooshed" right now?

fuark

>windows (DOS) invented the PC
Fuck off dude.
>press a fucking colon and try to remember random letters
>implying your muhbindws key shortcuts aren't the same
Just get out

>Eminem
>relevant

Eminem is an anagram for "in meme"

In a meme.