AMD boasts that their $500 CPU can compete against $1000 Intel CPU in Sup Forumsermin's games

>AMD boasts that their $500 CPU can compete against $1000 Intel CPU in Sup Forumsermin's games
>Meanwhile it's a feat literally achievable by CPU's $800 cheaper.

I don't get it, why AMD puts so much emphasis on those Battlefield 1 benchmarks, especially in 4K where Titan X is going to hit that full load way before your CPU does?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tDaPLHxiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vega will demolish the titan XP at $350 too

>poo in gpu

Got anything to add besides pointless shitposting? Is everyone in here mentally challenged or some shit?

>gaming

Well that's literally the whole point of that one Linus video that AMD shills been posting 10 times now.

AMD themselves showed it in more important tests like Blender, not your meme video game bullshit.

Nobody cares about Nvidia Shilltips talks about in his videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tDaPLHxiE
AMD had to tie their own hands on an engeneering sample of their weakest vega card just so they wouldn't hurt your feefee's. XP and Volta btfo so hard you will never see them again tbqh

meanwhile 7 year old xeons still btfo the new amd processors at ~$100

why does amd even try anymore

Because the performance of that 8-core scales down to 6 and 4-cores, and they've recently said they're pushing a full product stack at launch, and also mentioned the clock speed on their engineering samples is getting even better.

8-core clocks to 3.6/4.0Ghz
6-core might hit 3.8/4.somethingGhz
4-core might hit 4.0Ghz+

So, let's say their 8-core is roughly 20% of their dies. The other 80% isn't just scrap, they bin them for 6 and 4-core parts.
Another 35% might be the 6-cores and yet another 40% might be the 4-cores.

So they sell the Quads super cheap because they get thousands of them from a run of wafers. 200$, leave the hyperthreading on.
Now they're selling 4c/8t CPUs for 100$ cheaper than Intel's equivalent, and it gets 90% of the performance for the same wattage.

Which do you think the average gamer is going to buy? The expensive i7 that can only overclock on specific, expensive boards, or the cheaper AMD that can be overclocked on midrange boards and saved them enough to get a better GPU and a super high end cooler?

>this is what poojeet actually believe
How's that rx480 crushing 980ti?

false equivalency. seek help newfag shill

nice retort poojeet
back to your designated street

not an argument

>boasts
>500 moneys

neither are true.

and besides
>why AMD puts so much emphasis on those Battlefield 1 benchmarks
handbrake and cinebench are far more interesting as a test for this category, and those 200 dollars cpu's which you're alluding to do trail behind.

This is what I'm excited for. Its all about that budget friendly experience for the gaming market. Your average normalfag will see 8 core zen for the same price as a 4 core i5.

>believing currytech """leaks"""
>waaah amd disappointed me
Retard.

is this pic taking BF1 into account?

because BF1 (and really any frostbite game) actually takes much more advantage of CPUs than other games. it can use 8 cores.

Honestly, if AMD manages to release high end ryzen cpus for around $100 to $150 cheaper than the 6900k or kaby lake I'd say that's pretty damn impressive.

Why do people think that amd will be cheap as fuck? Because their last cards that really competed with Nvidia's were the 200 series? Because of how weak their high end cpus have compared to intels?

Amd has been cheap (especially cpu wise) because they couldn't compete with intel or nvidia. Not out of the goodness of their hearts.

AMD always manages to let me down anyways. Wouldn't be surprised to see bulldozer 2.0.

> not having a cold shower and realising a 2500K is still viable a chip for gaming

Consume harder

AMD needs marketshare. They are at emergency levels.

AMD only cares about the enthusiast level for recognition. Retards won't take them seriously even if they offer the best price/performance option because they don't have an answer to the heavy hitters at the top of the chain.

I honestly believe everything they've been doing has been leading up to their APU's and monster core count offerings. A 4c/8t APU with 460-470 level graphics and 8-16gb of HBM (that could theoretically serve as both system and video ram) would be a massive money maker. And most importantly AMD are the only ones who can make something like that. There'd be no reason NOT to use them in next generation all in one's.

And obviously big core counts for muh datacenters and muh long term contracts.

Personally, I'm after the quad core parts, but I recognize AMD doesn't expect to make massive profits off people like me.

fuckin hbg

>more important tests like blender
They were too embarassed to even show a real benchmark

Avarge people know that amd=shit

your average consumer/gaymer doesn't know shit about any of this and is mainly influenced by marketing which favours intel + nvidia all the way.

Average people are smarter than you think, and smart people don't buy AMD's trashy products.

500-800=-300$
Intel cpus are so shitty, they pay you to get them?

Intel recommends Blender.