Why would someone buy AMD?

Why would someone buy AMD?

If I wanted to settle, I'd buy a console.

Do you want to be known as the guy on the street that couldn't afford an Nvidia GPU so they had to buy a budget AMD card for poor people? That's literally one step above being on welfare.

Don't buy AMD if you value yourself at all.

bump

I buy based on what I need at the time, and at the time, I couldn't find any reason to get a GTX 970 over an R9 390.

>I'd buy a console.
Consoles are AMD

Vega is going to destroy the titan XP and all volta cards for $400

agreed. Nvidia is often overpriced and not better. Its a bit of a brand whoring thing

>AMD will be better in the future because X is coming out.

LITERALLY BEEN HEARING THIS FOR 10 YEARS NOW. A FULL DECADE.

pascal in it's full non clipped version in XP can't compete with vega. Nvidia has plateaued. Volta can't compete. AMD has destroyed nvidia forever with this

>this is what poojeet actually believes

>tfw bought a used 290x for $160

I couldn't be happier with that price/performance. Why should I buy some already gimped novidya card like the 3.5 vram 970?

OP don't make threads like this. Instead, you should shill for AMD and claim Nvidia is shit. This way, more people buy AMD and Nvidia prices come down. We want AMD's market share to increase so Nvidia doesn't jew us. Nvidia is far superior, but their prices would be better if they had a proper competitor.

So our best option is to trick people into buying inferior AMD so that way Nvidia prices will be better.

the truth must be beleived. vega wins. you lose, shill

Fuck that. I want AMD to declare bankruptcy.

I want Nvidia prices to rise so poor people cannot afford to game on PC and I don't have to play with them online.

This. Fuck poor people and poojeets.

>Do you want to be known as the guy on the street that couldn't afford an Nvidia GPU

a literal spoiled brat.
kys and take any progeny you might have for that ride asap

Why do you want to kiss a spoiled brat, you illiterate poojeet?

(You)

If you're talking about Titan X, that's not the full chip. It's cut down.

>had to bump his own shitty thread

>Why would someone buy AMD?

Poorfags and dumbfags.

There's literally no other reason.

My next GPU will be Nvidia. I don't like the idea of giving my money to pajeets.

You are such a dumb consumerist faggot

>implying giving mlney to chink ripoff is better

at least I have proper hygiene habits

Please give any reason to buy AMD other than they are cheaper. I'll be waiting.

Good goy

>If I wanted to settle, I'd buy a console.
console = buying AMD

same here, never regretted getting 390

I am looking forward to having AMD system again, last time it was Athlon64+radeon xt800
it served me well for 5 years.

I just built baby's first pc.

And I only have the GPU left to buy and throw in.

From what ive gathered here and elsewhere AMD throws in more raw potential into their products so they can be tweaked and perform better than when they launched. Almost like retard strength, where over time with practice you can focus the monkey power. But i dont know if thats True.

Unfortunately they dont have any Competition for the 1070 and 1080.

Unless they release a 1070 killer for less than $400, im kinda stuck with Nvidia.

Nowadays hardware is a meme and either brand is powerful enough for practical purposes, so I choose to support the loveable underdog that fights for freedom. My next build will be Ryzen, Vega, and FreeSync because Intel and Nvidia are getting too greedy.

>ayyymd
>fights for freedom
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

when will WikiLeaks release a GPU?

>"AMD is for poor people"
>bought a 1060 because the only 480s that I could find cheaper had the shit reference cooler

=
AMD leaders finally admitting housefires

did you buy 3GB one? you done goofed

Of course not. I'm comparing 6gb 1060 to 8gb 480. I got a 6gb Galax 1060 EXOC.

1060 6GB is 15% more expensive than 480 8GB here
your vendor sucks

Like I said, SOME 480s were cheaper, but only if I stuck with the garbo default cooler.

asus strix 480 is cheaper than evga 1060 here.
what I am trying to say is that market is huge, and in some countries they sell more than in others

Asus Strix anything is retardedly expensive where I live for some reason.

yeah, but it's somehow cheaper for 480s here, even gigabyte costs more when it's usually the cheapest
I have no idea why, some smuggling deal maybe.

Seems the temperature has Ryzen.

>t. paid Nvidia shill
Fuck off you nigger kike.

That Steam chart is hilarious. There's not even a single AMD card in the top 10.

>analdevastated poojeet

>he doesn't like Nvidia shilling so he must be an AMD shill
Fuck off you autistic retard. I use an iGPU since i'm not an autistic manchild who plays minecraft, faggot.

>I use an iGPU

Back to your autistic children daycare, retard.

minecraft is cpu dependant, you constipated poojeet

Told you i don't play autistic games you illiterate retard. Guess you know everything about Autismcraft, right xXxShadow_GamerxXx?

Was going to say this. OP is a 1/2 assed troll that inadvertently becomes a PC Gaming Master Race shill post. Either it's buy Nvidia GPU or buy a Nintendo Switch.
>Hay gays. I hate AMD so I settled and bought a console based on AMD. Stay MAD AMD fags!

>ITT

I always AMD products

Nvidia and intel are made for call of duty gaming children and bluepilled normies

>he took the brownpill

>being a brandwhore
>ever
All shills are retarded cucks, no matter whether it's Intel, Nvidia or AMD.

Is every NVIDIA user either a cancerous weebfag or animeposter?

Nvidia and Intel are just superior in every way, you have no idea what you're missing.

A gimping a day keeps the goyim buying shit anyway!

I hate weebs and own gtx 1060 6gb so?

Sorry the truth hurts.

Look at the actual stats, Intel & Nvidia are faster, more power efficient, more stable, literally better products in every way.

>lowest tier GPU
retard spotted

>>lowest tier GPU
KEKKED

>are just superior in every way

please explain

>power efficiency
Who cares about paying 5 bucks a year more on your electricity bill.
>More stable
kek. no
>Faster
No shit, they just released a new gen of cards.

>No shit, they just released a new gen of cards.
The 480 etc arent new, or what? Neither of thme released a new architecture.

He is right, drivers are more stable, even my gtx 1060 is much faster than rx 480 and can oc unlike amds card. gtx 1060 6gb is also cheaper in europe so why bother with inferior amd cards? Also if you want true high end cards you have to buy nvidia anyway since amd have just two mid end cards. Gtx 1060 oc so well that you can name it high end no problem because it's just few frames behind stock gtx 1070. While rx 480 struggle to oc more than 50-100mhz.

The 480 is a mid-range GPU specifically designed to make an affordable card that could run games at 60fps/1080p at maxed out settings at a lower pricepoint than ever before. It wasn't made to compete with the 1070 or 1080, that's Vega's job. Stop being a retard.

>If I wanted to settle,
See thats why you pick AMD. NEVER SETTLE!

>>lowest tier GPU

Sounds like you're the retard

>that's Vega's job. Stop being a retard
But thats exactly the problem: Why is it the job of a next architecture to compete with the old architecture of the competitor? They should have released something that can at least keep up with the 1080, them ignoring the Titan line is fair I guess.

Power efficiency also means they put off less heat

Nvidia & Intel are way more stable and last way longer. Look at the return rates and failure rates, AMD is abysmal.

On what fucking planet do you live?
Go on youtube, search for that guy who does PCB reviews and see how he OCs RX cards.

Question - why is everyone referring to AMD as a pajeet company? AMD is based in Sunnyvale. Globalfoundries fabs are all in USA, Germany, and Singapore.

>Look at the return rates and failure rates
This is why you never buy reference.

Picking AMD is like saying you've given up on life

the head of AMD is an Asian woman and the head of RTG is an Indian man

this gets the Sup Forums shits riled up because they hated seeing women and minorities who are infinitely more successful

Lisa Su is very widely respected on Sup Forums, though, and AMD is the non-SJW choice for CPUs in comparison to Intel.

i wish my old AMD rig would shit itself so I could upgrade it

>AMD
>Successful

Pick one

by what metric are they not successful

you want unsuccessful, look at VIA and Matrox

bet you never heard of those you shithead Sup Forums child

Vega doesn't even exist yet, faggot.

oh look it's the ayymd autist
also I owned a g400 you fucking underage b&

because Intel cut $300 million in funding of tech programs, tech scholarships, research and development, and then spent $300 million funding feminist and diversity organizations.

I will never support Intel ever again in my life until the day I die. And I will constantly shill against them any opportunity I can.

>femfreq
>ESL
FUCKING HELL.

you don't exist homo

>head of RTG is an Indian man
So they're outsourcing the marketing and business management crap. Actually kinda clever move when cutting costs.

Reminder that AMD is trying to demonstrate their CPU by comparing it to a 6950x in the same system and using the framerate in BF1 as the determining factor.

>If only I hadn't bought a $1700 processor just to play games!

Up next: Did you know the RX480 performs as well as Quadro K6000 for 1/10 the price? Nvidia shills will defend this!

If they aren't funding tech then why are we getting cool shit like Optane and Xpoint?

I don't see anything like that coming from AMD so why the fuck would you support them?

Yet, here I am.

Can't say that about Vega.

aren't funding =/= cut funding
if you dont know english, you should ask rather than assume

>optane
>xpoint
Lol for what fucking purpose?

No you don't because vega exists and it eviscerates the titan XP and volta for only $400

Hilariously they used titan xp.
>ayyyyd doesn't even have 2 unctional vegas to spare

I won't stop buying intel (unless AMD makes better stuff), but I completely respect and understand that stance. It certainly makes more sense than "I want a cheap CPU".