Why should anyone buy a new smartphone that costs over $200?

Why should anyone buy a new smartphone that costs over $200?

Why should anyone buy a smartphone?

Exactly. They're overpriced toys.

>people are stupid
no shit

Honestly no idea, I think that there is no point of getting a flagship nowadays since they have an overly powerful CPU, GPU and an extremely high definition screen while super thin screen and fucking TINY battery!!! I would much rather have an acceptable low power chip and a maximum of 1080p screen with a large battery for a mere 200-250$ with shipping. Brands should take example from Huawei who offers a good all around product for a quarter the price of a flagship.

It's my camera on the go
It's my GPS on the go
It's my phone on the go
It's my internet browser on the go
It's my light gaming device on the go
It's my music player on the go

I know you were trying to be edgy, but I figure I shut you down before others take the bait.

I can't tell if you just copy pasted some post from reddit or if this is genuinely what you think and how you communicate

A $200 phone can do all of that.
The only thing that's up for contention is the camera quality, but if you actually need high quality images, an entry level DSLR + $200 phone is cheaper than a flagship, with better picture quality.

I buy all my smart phones two years after release date.

My iPhone 5 works great and meets my needs.

Galaxy j3 works fine for what i use it for. Fuck a 600$ phone

There's nothing wrong in what he said. Shut up

Used ones are better desu. Got my z3c fot 300$

I'm not a poorfag. I can afford to set aside £17/month for 24 months to buy a decent 'droid outright every couple of years.

Otherwise, pretty much this Plus I actually have things installed and running, and dirt cheap stuff like the Moto G grinds to a halt. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a photo opportunity, trying to open the camera and waiting 10 seconds while it kills some stuff to make room for it.

If I was actually struggling for money, I've found iPhones to be the better one to buy second hand, as they're supported longer for software updates. I have a 5S as a second phone, the main problem is the battery is fucked but with a replacement I'd be able to use it as a daily driver in a pinch.

I have a xiaomi redmi note, ordered 2,5 years ago from china for 180dollars, still works great and does everything I want it to.

new ASUS Zen phone has a 5000mAh battery, hopefully it isn't shit.

because not everyone is poor like you

I actually think so

I have been struggling with ops question for a while. On hardware alone not including camera androids for less than $200 are pretty good. But for some reason every manufacturer has to have its special skin, the shilling on SPG is atrocious. And then there's the issue of size if you want a good phone you're almost required to buy 5.5" screen. Nevermind low light photography, your camera would be outperformed by a iPhone 4S in good conditions.

I'm going to get a SE at the end of the month. I'm done with this shit.

Also the sad thing about the current state of smartphones is that Google itself is allowing Android to be a plus infected shit hole. On a stock Android phone there are two or three redundant apps for the same task but where one was updated the others don't work and they can't be uninstalled unless you root the device. Thousands of manufacturers allowed to use whatever version they want. Literally the point of Android app VM was that they would always work no matter what version the OS so why isn't the OS updated again?
It was true then and it's true now the fragmentation is real and a real reason why some people quit Android another real and valid reason, Android doesn't just werk out of the box the way you want to, they're all different and if you want to do get a closer to stock experience well fuck you get a different rom. I just want my phone to work I want it to last a long time on a battery I want it to have a good camera I want it to not be a phablet.

Not that long ago 5" was called a phablet

Cuz low end phones are poorly made and have even worse battery life than high end ones. And the screens are horrendous.

Not that my Xperia z1c is expensive, but it is relatively high end. Or was when it was new.

Because a $500 phone is much better than a $200 phone.

Keep being poor though, it's funny.

Zuk z2 is only 5" and has a way better camera than the iPhone 4.

It's a device you use all day every day, and is probably the most important device you possess. Save money elsewhere. That said, if a $200 phone is enough for you, good!

This isn't spg or csg. Your shilling has no power here. Keep the good work in shenzen.

?

Because I dont want a laggy, dated piece of trash, plus I dont have to pay all that money up at one. T mobile I can upgrade 3 times a year and dont have to keep paying as long as my old phone is in good condition