Flashlights are technology

Flashlights are technology.
Which flashlights does Sup Forums use?
Which one can you recommend for edc/work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gN2gIR2JHsA
amazon.com/gp/product/B013SAEPK4/
amazon.com/gp/product/B00TNOSF3I/
amazon.com/Coast-HP1-Focusing-Lumen-Flashlight/dp/B00IEMUOWU/
flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ec25
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>edc
a fucking smartphone

Random chinklights are fine

Yep, if you enjoy your pocket housefire :^)

i honestly haven't used or seen a flashlight in over a decade

muh smartphone

any LED flashlight has a ridiculously high amount of lumens

flashlight tech is dead, since just adding more LED increases lumens.

t h i s f a m
Just get one that seems like you could kill a person with it, it'll last and it'll luminate

Get a Fenix E12 for EDC OP.
Nice little pocket touch.

youtube.com/watch?v=gN2gIR2JHsA

Pis is a thing to turn it into a headlamp.

I carry a Thorfire pen light, its pretty good for a cheap led, i think max output is ~500 lumens

ThruNite also makes excellent flashlights, i had the archer A1 but lost it awhile back

Don't put a chink battery in it, and it'll be fine. An LED will burn out long before it sets anything on fire.

Have successfully used to fight off niggers

Surefire Titan Plus.

It's small enough that it doesn't get in the way when clipped into my left jeans pocket, it runs on normal rechargeable batteries, and it puts out 300 lumens with an even "floody" pattern and good color.

I'm into the whole EDC thing and carry a lot of stuff that I find useful that other people think is stupid, including a pocket knife, multitool, and wristwatch, and I can easily say that my flashlight is by far the most useful thing I carry. Yes, my phone has a light, but the flashlight is much brighter, doesn't waste my phone battery, is less of a hassle to turn on and off, and is more convenient to actually use because I can pinch it between my fingers and still hold something in that hand or hold the light in my mouth while I use both hands for stuff. I use my light constantly, for everything from taking out the trash to digging through my poorly lit garage to working on my car and just getting around the house in the dark.

But you never leave your parent's house, jordan.

you're probably the only other person here who isnt too poor to own a Surefire. my pic is missing the headlamp I have too.

Why should I buy Surefire and not pic rel (for $5)?
Explain

Because you can't mount it to a rifle chambered in a full sized cartridge and expect the battery contact springs to not wear out.

That light is so fucking ghetto that the T in Ultra is a completely different font from the rest.

I don't own a rifle.
>T in Ultra is a completely different font from the rest.
So? Like I give a shit.

>I dont own a rifle
laughingsluts.jpg

I live in a 1st world country where only 30 people die from firearms per year :^)
So I don't need one. Also this thread is about flashlights, not your penis compensator.

I have a Zebralight SC52FL2. It's pretty nice. Easy to stand, nice wide light, and it's powered by a single AA battery. And it obviously has a clip so you can attach it to your belt.
Fuck that shit. It's way easier to just grab your light and shine it, then it's to get your phone out of your pocket, unlock it, and open the flashlight app. The LED on that is also generally shit.

>I live in a first world country
>But can only afford a $5 flashlight
cool story bro

> Obvious signs the manufacturer gives no fucks about build or product quality
> ”like I give a shit"

Just give me your money user, ill make sure it gets spent on something good.

>bullcuck

yea niggas

amazon.com/gp/product/B013SAEPK4/

wonderful light, lights up everything like dawn from 300ft away. lasts a while. amazing charger for 14500 batteries, 18650 batteries, etc. Best charger I've had desu. Batteries + charger are about $30 so the light itself is probably around 60.
It doesn't have physical zoom but it is water proof that's probably why they don't have physical zoom.

takes 18650 batteries

new version:
amazon.com/gp/product/B00TNOSF3I/

old version:
amazon.com/Coast-HP1-Focusing-Lumen-Flashlight/dp/B00IEMUOWU/

great light as well, every 2-3 months they have a random $10 sale, these take 14500 batteries! or AA but AA are shit.

these do have a physical zoom and are only water resistant, if you put it under water you'll notice the water comes in the physical zoom area around the light itself since that slides up and down.

I own 2 new versions and 4 old versions
THE OLD VERSION IS BETTER! it zooms much better! my employees use them and there's a difference. The new ones are better for the clip as it moves and changes position etc, but one guy broke his clip just by putting it on his hat so not sure about that either.
physically they're a great size.

No, I can afford anything I want.
I just don't see a purpose in overpaying for such a simple device like flashlight.

Also you don't become rich by purely WASTING money on stupid shit.

The Coast HP1 is currently $8.58 on my link
it does beam a few hundred feet away with zoom, a solid 14500 battery costs about the same price.

it is very well built and we use it in rugged conditions (mining shafts and logging)
that might be a benefit to spending slightly more

Nitecore flash lights are great. I use this one daily.

flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ec25

I deliver pizza and currently use a 5.11 Tactical PC3.300 capacitor-powered flashlight; had it for like four years now. I like it and hate it at the same time. IIRC, it's advertised to run for 45 minutes at max power before needing to recharge, and takes just a minute for a complete recharge. Run-time for me was actually about a half hour at full power, and now it runs out of juice in like 12 minutes (but recharges in 30 seconds). It's water-resistant; may be waterproof but I don't remember for sure. I've used it in the rain on a few occasions with no problem so it's good enough for me. I've blinded my friends effectively with it plenty of times as well.

I picked up a Streamlight ProTac HL for Christmas to replace the PC3.300 when it eventually shits out on me. 750 lumen output; it's pretty fucking sweet. More compact, durable, and came with a carrying case too which I didn't expect. I was going to get the USB version but decided I'd rather have something that can survive being fully submerged, and I'd rather not deal with the same bullshit that I'm experiencing with the 5.11 light.
>Tfw even the batteries are made in murrica