Seamonkey is perfect except of

Seamonkey is perfect except of ...

Other urls found in this thread:

addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah, it's pretty bad
for starters you can't use tree style tabs

Lack of fullcreen, developer tools, and probably a few other things that I did not discover yet. It's good overall, the interface is really nice, but the above issues are a no-go for me. I'll wait, maybe some day they'll get implemented.

It's a piece of trash

The last update is bullshit

>Lack of fullcreen
what is F11 ?

Oh, hey, I just updated to latest version and it has proper fullscreen. I was using an older version. Neat

Devtools as well. Damn, this might be the best browser out there right now.

monkey business in the sea

How the hell is your video translucent?

Would switch to it in a heartbeat if they removed mail, contacts etc.

Lack of TreeStyleTabs
Would switch in a heartbeat if it had that.

It's based on an old, probably insecure version of Gecko.

[citation needed]

Can't close a tab with middle click

it's based off netscape

Why not just not use that portion of it? Even with that, it's still less bloated than firefox or chrome.

Mozzarella Suite

Yes you can.

Works for me.

You can do that. You can't open tabs with middle click though.

No, it's not.

How many bloody forks does Lagfox have? The original works fine with classic and deep dark theme. Why would you use these half baked alternatives is beyond me.

It's not Opera 12.

It's got its own vertical tabs addon now.

Works on my machine.

>It's got its own vertical tabs addon now
Vertical Tabs is not TreeStyleTabs

It does tab groups too. Aren't vertical tabs and tab groups the whole point of TST?

It's Tab Organization. I like the automatic hierarchy TreeStyleTabs creates, that no other vertical tab solution provides.

But you can completely hide and never interact with those components. It's a smaller download than Firefox and uses less RAM too, despite being a full suite.

Why would you not use the features that make it the best?

Looks exactly like a re branded version of Firefox to me senpai

[citation required]

Firefox actually descends from SeaMonkey. Firefox is the browser from the Mozilla Suite, SeaMonkey is a continuation of the suite itself.

If you are in the market for full internet suites this probably is a very compelling selling point but I don't think it matters this much anymore. Didn't most internet suites die a long time ago?

I don't know what version 2.46 is based on but 2.49a2 uses Gecko 52.

How many were there? The only two that come to mind are Netscape Communicator, which still lives on as SeaMonkey, and Opera, which only died around three and a half years ago.

not a fork senpai

if anything firefox probably is the fork in this situation

...Puppy Linux switching to absolutely proprietary Opera because Seamonkey got too bloated.

Seamonkey uses gtk2, which is awesome, specially if you are looking to use the gtk2 patched filechooser iconview. However it lacks addons so much

How much does Opera take space?

>Puppy Linux

>However it lacks addons so much

Most addons can be converted to work with SeaMonkey.

addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

Ones designed around areas where SeaMonkey and Firefox greatly differ, such as cookie management (so no Self-Destructing Cookies), are the only impossibility. Converting things like Greasemonkey, which no longer officially supports SeaMonkey, works just fine.

I wish other aspects of SeaMonkey than browser were developed too.

Adblock did not work the last time I tried it.
It was meant to be a suite, and not merely a browser

I have no issues with uBlock.

Well that was back in the times I did not know about uBlock Origin.
Adblock(or adblock plus? cannot remember) would install but could not filter any ads.
Would give Seamonkey a go again with ublock in the near future.

Been using Seamonkey on my school laptop recently because I got lazy having both firefox and thunderbird.
The one major annoyance is that ctrl+number doesn't jump to tab #, but opens the relative suite object (ctrl 2 opens mail, etc).
other than that, for some reason autocomplete DOESN'T WORK in the URL bar. Everything is proper in about:config, it just. doesn't. work.
Which is fun when tr

It doesn't work with the latest release of Reddit Enhancement Suite