/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
ASUS Zenfone Pegasus 3S unveiled
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_pegasus_3s_unveiled-news-22629.php

Nokia trademarks Viki, the name of its upcoming AI assistant
gsmarena.com/nokia_trademarks_viki_the_name_of_its_upcoming_ai_assistant-news-22626.php

New HTC Vive smartphone leaked in video
gsmarena.com/new_htc_vive_leaked_in_video-news-22625.php

Nokia returns to smartphone business with midrange Nokia 6
technobuffalo.com/2017/01/09/nokia-returns-to-smartphone-business-with-midrange-nokia-6/

[Deal Alert] Get a new Moto Z Play for just $399.99 ($50 off), or save an additional $60 for one in mint condition
amazon.com/Moto-Play-Black-32GB-Warranty/dp/B01LW9P0H4

[Deal Alert] Huawei Honor 6X Dual Camera Unlocked Smartphone - $249.99
amazon.com/Honor-6X-Unlocked-Smartphone-Gray/dp/B01MRZFBBH/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

olx.ro/oferta/moto-g-5-plus-unicatxt1685-ID7EZ7q.html#8dfb2cde22
banggood.com/Ulefone-U008-Pro-5-Inch-3500mAh-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-MT6737-Quad-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1114771.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-pro
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5s-plus
amazon.com/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B01D3Q8EGY/
anikkhan.me/lineageos-for-ido/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My samshit s4 gives me the idea it's going to die soon: I need a ready list of good phones to buy in the case of failure. The recommend phones list in the wiki is too old.

why is she so perfect

> buying hawaii phone ever
kek

Can someone confirm that the Bq Aquaris X5 Plus has a high noise level on the headphone output?

>wasting your life shitposting on an image board ever
kek

Why such a low res background?

did I fucked up or do good?

I just bought it too, using for a month now and got 0 complaints. Love how fast it is, how fast it charges (completely stopped charging at night, just do it when im showering now) and love the battery life.

havent tried the new android yet but hope stable build of it comes soon.

>completely stopped charging at night, just do it when im showering now
That's awesome. Now I'm excited

Was browsing for sh moto Gs, found this
olx.ro/oferta/moto-g-5-plus-unicatxt1685-ID7EZ7q.html#8dfb2cde22
I wonder if it's legit, and if that guy could get into trouble for trying to sell it

So is Jewgle discontinuing the Nexus line and going with Pixel only now?

He's most likely selling a brick 3D printed for case and screen protectors manufacturers to have their shit ready for launch.

Maybe shopped? Screen is off in all other pics

New phone from Ulefone, the Ulefone U008 Pro
Specs:
-Android 6.0
-5 Inch 1280*720 Display
-MT6737 Quad-core 1.3GHz
-2GB RAM 16GB ROM
-3500mAh Battery
-2100/1800/2600/900/800MHz (B1/3/7/8/20) LTE

Available on pre-order for $69.66 dollars with the coupon U20off, stock due to arrive onJanuary 20 2017
banggood.com/Ulefone-U008-Pro-5-Inch-3500mAh-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-MT6737-Quad-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1114771.html

Might be legit, though. I still wouldn't risk it.

Nah I'm not even thinking about buying it
Might try to ask him more details just out of curiosity

Budget: around 300€
Provider: prepaid SIM
Features: android OS (must have or support a gapps free version), decent cam, m-sdhc support, good battery life
Size: must fit into the front pocket of my jeans with ease

The only smartphone I owned before was an old Samsung Galaxy-S3, which I was pretty content with (apart from it's age and slightly wacky build quality).
Not really a smarthpone enthusiast, I'd probably go for an chink phone myself, but would like to confirm I can install a botnet and gapps-free OS beforehand.

>there are people who use google play and not Blackplayer
>people actually use the VanillaPlayer

come on guys

Ask him to take a video showing system info on CPU Z and the Nougat easter egg

I use spotify :^)

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-zuk-z2-pro

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi5s-plus

Hey /spg/ I'm currently using a Galaxy S5. Have been for close to 3 years iirc. Anyways, it is getting near the end of its lifespan and I'm starting to keep an eye out for a new phone. Uni student so $100-$200 budget. I've really loved my S5 would upgrading to like an S6 or maybe an older not be a good idea? Honestly, I've considered buying another S5. Any suggestions?

xD

Thanks, seems pretty good, I guess I can do without the SD support. Seems like a trend with new phones though.

amazon.com/Nextbit-Robin-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B01D3Q8EGY/

You can buy the Moto G4 for around €160 if you want the SD slot. it's not as fast as the other two but it's alright.

You're in the US? Either Moto G4 (Play), Honor 5X or a used flagship phone. Nextbit Robin is another option, it's still on sale at Amazon.

best camera I can get on a phone for under $300?

Is it the mi5?

what are those must-have android apps that get shilled in their own thread every once in a while? specifically for music listening and podcasts

Honor 8 has a much better camera.

For anyone with a kate, Minz got a great lineageOS already up for use. Pretty solid desu~

Is it even worth it to change my nexus 5? The only things I hate are the battery life and that it's beat to shit with a cracked screen but that's on me. The camera is shit too but I don't care because I sink most my money into photography shit anyways. The 20something gbs of storage aren't enough for my music.
Moto G4/plus a good upgrade? Other options around the same price group?

Just reminded me that the official CM maintainer for Redmi 3/Pro (ido) also released a preliminary LineageOS ROM while their new servers get up and running:

anikkhan.me/lineageos-for-ido/

I've been using it for a day and everything works so far, battery is not as good as MIUI but it's still solid.

Battery will never be good as MIUI due to the fact that MIUI is pretty aggressive with battery saving settings by default.

>be oneplus x owner
>spend evening out last week
>cold is pretty intense
>phone battery is full
>by the time I get home the li-on battery has been completely depleted
>the thing is now completely dead
>will not charge at all, will not even show any signs of life plugged in

I have learned two valuable lessons. first, not to buy chink shit. second, not to buy phones without swappable batteries.

Yeah, I know. Still doesn't hurt to warn those not used to how MIUI handles stuff. It's so aggressive with the task freezing that most apps just won't give push notifications unless you're constantly using them, sometimes even after explicitly allowing them to. 8 hours battery life in MIUI is truly insane but I'd rather have 5-6 in CM with a much better user experience.

Can we expect a new compact phone from sony soon? Or from any other manufacturer out there?

>swappable batteries

there is only one good phone with removable battery on the market - the V20 and god knows when it starts to bootloop

He responded within mins of me asking, gonna compile the pics in a sec

you did good, for that price there aren't many better phones

there is always the g4 plus if you want more ram and a fingerprint scanner

Is the Sony Xperia X Compact worth it or is it a meme? And yes, I want a smaller phone

And there it is.
Thoughts?

yes

out of budget, though

Will Oneplus restock the OPX? Im looking for a cheap midrange that isnt too big and this one seemed ideal.

no lmao
they are barely even restocking the 3T and that shit is their flagship
also the X has been dead for a year now

Recently got the Nougat update on my OP3 and now all Chinese/Korean/Japanese characters show up as squares. How to fix?

ayy just upgraded from a moto g to an iphone se, what are some good apps/utilities to put on it?

I'm still getting used to the interface, but on the bright side the phone isn't so big I need two hands to use it

Stop being a weaboo shit

Yeah, I also support wiping out all other races, but unfortunately that isn't an instant solution to my problem.

>ayy
>having small hands
why are poorfags such a pain?

Alright, /spg/.
What's the correct way to charge your phone?
is it
>0 - 100%
or
>~30- 40 - 95%
or whatever

G4+ or Robin.

Robin is dead.
Have fun with your meme phone.

My galaxy s7 review after 7 months of use:

Coming from nexus 5x

+I really like it's shape, I like the way it bends into my palm, it's really comfortable (at first).
+really nice screen, beautiful colors and very sharp, 5X looks like monochrome next to it
+it's taking one of the best photos I've seen on smartphones
+battery is good enough, easily lasts 1 day with really heavy use
+it has fingerprint reader, I like fingerprint reader
+sd card slot, but I don't really care about this
+it has the fastest processor on the market
+notification led, can be seen from many angles, some phones don't even have one anymore
-but it's not enough to drive the laggy shit touchwiz without lag
-touchwiz is pretty bad, even with a changed launcher, you have to handle a lot of touchwiz
-preinstalled bloatware hell, there's two instances of everything, calendar, email, etc, horrible. Package disabler pro helps a lot, I have 150+ services disabled!!! (maybe that's why I have good battery life)
-the curved glass makes using glass screen protectors nearly impossible. I hate that curved glass is a trend now
-glass on the back, completely unnecessary. I'd use the phone without a case if it had a good quality polycarbonate back like the nexus 5X and 5 had.
-fingerprint reader on the front, uncomfortable to use this way, it's much better on the back
-hardware buttons are really bad, the placement of the back button is even worse. The size of the phone doesn't require two hands, but the placement of the back button does, really hard to press with 1 hand. Also I have a lot of accidental presses, both back and recent apps buttons.
-microusb, it should have been type-c already
-bottom facing speaker, once you go front facing, you never want bottom facing again
-home and recent apps button have a huge lag when pressed (2-3 seconds sometimes), making multitasking a pain
-doesn't have regular OS updates, still no nougat, this is the flagship of samsung...

This is from the top of my head.

Only 7 months late.
Awesome, next time you should wait a year.

Pixel owners are retarded.

>implying I have small hands
>implying I'm poor
there's a difference between normal sized hands and oversized hamfists

seriously tho does anyone have any iphone recommendations?

so apparently ios doesn't auto rotate images reeee

>I’m not poor
Sure, nice thinkpad you got there it’s almost worth $50 with all those fingerprints and grease all over the place.

>reeeee
Damn you are a meme master.

Half charges are much better for battery life than full charges.

Where do you guys get your pirated APKs from?
Unfortunately Android smells of curry and street shitters and so do all the "premium APK" sites. I'd like to download Camera Zoom FX Premium or some other camera with manual controls but I don't want to get AndroAIDS.

Any good alternative with similar specs (5" or lower with similar price)?

>let's ignore a legitimate question and instead focus on ad hominems

>Poorfag complaining for being too stupid to pirate something.
It’s called Google Play, asks mommy to let you borrow $5 from her credit card.

What’s the legitimate question?
You being too retarded to get into iOS?
Even my retarded sister can do it.

given that I'm in the EU, what's wrong with the Axon7? sounds too good for the price. Not gonna bother with rooting, just a custom launcher and dick around with some ricing. I want the space and the speakers look sweet
making the jump from ios, cant stand that shit anymore

well maybe get her to teach you some reading comprehension because I clearly stated the question

or does retardation run in the family

you had incredibly bad luck. Unless you are retarded or missing both arms and an eye you can actually replace the battery on the X. Take 5 minutes to search about it.

Your 4x4 layout and anime wallpapers isn’t ricing.

Learn to use google.

Well iOS users are most likely retarded like you and her.

Ask reddit about some ultra awesome apps for iPhone, go buddy go.

Dear anons, could you give me a buying advice? I just dumped my ages old Nexus 4 and I'm in completely new market for a new one. I know shit. Wiki says that Redmi Note 4 would be a good idea, so that is my first choice so far, but I wanna inquire more.

I care about:
>At least 5,5 inch FHD display.
>Good battery life.
>Smooth system. Doesn't need to be frequently updated but that would be definitely a plus
>Solid metal body.
>At least decent camera

I don't care about:
>Removable battery.
>Sound speakers. I couldn't give a bigger fuck about those.
>All that normie-tier stuff like NFC, wireless charging, being waterproof etc.
>I don't feel any need to root this device.
>LTE.

I'm in EU. I would like to invest around $400, possibly a bit more. Thank you in advance.

>Well iOS users are most likely retarded like you and her.
>not wanting a shitty phone with a shitty os that only works half the time is retarded
even if I was retarted I'm not autistic enough to go to reddit. you're just going full sour grapes after being stuck with an android

I want to buy a Redmi Note 4. Any point in waiting for a potential Snapdragon version if I like MIUI?

How's Xiaomis record of keeping devices updated with MIUI versions?

>implying I watch corean cartoons
Google gives contrasting opinions, for example about whether the closing apps in background is solvable, hence I'm asking here

>[Deal Alert] Get a new Moto Z Play for just $399.99 ($50 off), or save an additional $60 for one in mint condition

where's the deal on the additional $60 off? the amazon warehouse only has it for additional $40

I broke the screen on my Nexus 5...Looking for a replacement/backup phone.

>Canada
>Koodo
>$200 CAD max

Interested in getting something smaller perhaps. Kinda lost when it come to smartphones...everything seems so damn expensive

>Retarted.

It’s no. It has an aggressive background killer that will kill any app even spotify on the background, they have ignored this for months and they don’t release an update or fix. The return policy is shit and people are complaining about hardware issues like speakers and else.

Buy it and return it if you want to try your luck.

I have a pixel, I'm sure I'm retard so your correct

I'm curious about that too. Is user who bought X5 Plus for his mother here? Can you check please?

That’s like $20 USD

>eng.andrea.20161115
engineering unit?

Already reported it to Google and Lenovo, they are firing the guys working on the project with access to working units.

Feels good to have friends working inside big places.

Not really.

>paying for currynigger software

>Owning currynigger hardware
>Yet can’t afford currynigger software
Impressive.

the seller was kinda stupid anyway

nexus 5x

bootloop tho...

Not him, but the only choices left are Apple, Microsoft and Blackberry. Fucking hell, why did Nokia have to die?

wait for the g5 plus it has snapdragon 625 it seems and will most likely have sd card slot

yes I'm aware.

I was thinking of a moto G play... even that is over my budget. $240 on koodos website...Is it any good?

redmi note 3 pro.

Still loving my LGV10 for the most part, the only annoying thing is screen retention, which is tempting me to upgrade my phone to either it's big brother the V20, or the Moto Z Force.

I like the 3 camera setup on the V10, and I figure having the tertiary camera on the back would be more useful, and I've grown love the secondary display.

I know I'd miss the headphone jack on the Z, but modularity is awfully intriguing to me, and I also miss having Amoled.

What would you do Sup Forumsentlemen?

>Taps screen
>The phone bends and exployes

Nice bootloop choices you got there.

Lmao both of them have bootloop issues?

Never happened on my V10, how did LG monkey that up?

why would someone in any engineering unit want to sell a device, one that isn't even worth that much anyways
that's some next level desperation

All LG devices since the G3 have had bootloop issues. Yes, including the Nexus ones.
People were blaming software for a long time, but Google has complete control in software on Nexus devices and they couldn't prevent that shit.

LG is full on cancer, don't take a chance on them regardless of how cheap their phones get.

And I'm guessing it's a similar song on Moto devices?

Shame really, the modular design might of been a meme, but it was intriguing none the less.

I should keep looking. I would go back to Samsung, but their devices have been booming as of late. Also Touchwiz. I would take the exlposions over Touchwiz