Protonmail

What does Sup Forums think of ProtonMail? Also discuss Tutanota, StartMail and other "privacy" oriented e-mail providers.

In b4 "run your own server" -- Hillary shills not allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/ebay-problem/
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/sending-a-message-using-pgppgp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like it, have been using it since beta, never had problems. I also like tutanota, no problems there either.

Good options

Zoho is based. Pleasantly surprised by their features.

didn't lavabit just announce a comeback under a different name?

I like it, been using it for about a year and the only issue I've had is that sometimes attachments are slow to upload

Poo in loo

Honeypot

i use it for 7 months now and it works great. IMAP-support is incoming.

Been using protonmail for awhile and really like it and just got a startmail account.

Also a Sigaint account which is a Tor email provider with a @sigaint.org and .onion address which is good for the more private stuff.

>Hillary shills not allowed
>ProtonMail tried to capitalize on Trump's election by offering that their webmail system will be free from Trump's watchful eye against minorities and women

hmmm

I initially started using it in order to be a bit more secure with my online habits and it's been pretty great so far. This morning I signed up for an Amazon account with it and ordered several products - only I accidentally used the wrong email address without noticing and managed to lose the password so I have no way of deactivating the account. Ended up sending a politely worded email to the address explaining every thing while hoping that it was inactive. A total stranger now has access to my full name, address and card number, and all I can do about it is hope that they don't abuse that fact. How fucked am I?

>implying that minorities and women have the agency to care about privacy

u fucked up my man

this desu

I've used Protonmail, no problems despite the DDOS and devs being dumb enough to pay ransom. No problems, easy access. Just don't forget that password nigga, or you're fucked forever.

posteo.de is the best

protonmail paid user here, I love it

bump

why are you bumping? do you have questions about protonmail, is so post them instead of bumping

No support yet for Thunderbird so I don't use it. I just pay for Fastmail and use it as my nameserver for all my domains. Loads more convenient.

If I actually need encrypted mail at all I'll just use PGP since I have a key setup.

it's getting imap support soon

@protonmail.com addresses can't receive emails from eBay:
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/ebay-problem/

I don't see a reason to use proton mail over tutanota

i like it..used it about 6 months,no complaints

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/sending-a-message-using-pgppgp/

>This morning I signed up for an Amazon account with it and ordered several products - only I accidentally used the wrong email address without noticing

Uh, how? Amazon makes you verify your email before you can place orders

depends how much you spend and what payment and address your using and shit

tutanota app is pajesh tier and it does not inspire confidence

Tbh everyone tried to capitalize off of Trump's win. ACLU literally started shilling WW3 and apocalyptic shit to bait people into donating to them.

> "Trump elected. He might literally kill you!!!"
> "DONATE NOW, GOOD GOYIM. WE WILL PROTECT"