X96 Android TV BOX 2 GB 16 GB Amlogic S905X Quad Core Android 6.0

Is this a good device for watching only Kodi???

I have watched some youtube revieuw but i am wondering if some users here have experience with it.

It's from aliexpress.

Other urls found in this thread:

nl.aliexpress.com/item/Android-tv-box-Amlogic-S905X-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-WiFi-HDMI-2-0-4K-KODI/32709928234.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.5yRIxj&detailNewVersion=&categoryId=5092303
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>amlogic
ayy lmao that shit will burst in flames if you try to play a bluray remux or even an emulator

Please explain,

It's really only to boot it up and play kodi nothing else.

Raspberry pi's can run kodi just fine with power to spare.
Why do you need such a box with more everything which also cost more?

Im a noob at these things.
I just bought it because i wanted kodi on my television without requiring me to put my laptop next to my tv with hdmi

>Merknaam:VONTARPakket:JaModelnummer:X96Afstandsbediening:Includedcolor:blackPlace of Origin:Guangdong, China (Mainland)system:Android 6.0 MarshmallowCPU:Amlogic S905X Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 @2GHzWifi:Support 2.4GHz WifiSupport 1:KODI Pre-installed and Play PerfectSupport 2:HDMI: 4K*2K UHD Output, HDMI 2.0ASupport 3:Firmware OTA Upgrade

just get a RPi or an OPi if you just wanna stream shitty videos from stream sites on kodi, chink android boxes are overpriced and shit at playing anything with a high bitrate

Merknaam:VONTAR
Pakket:Ja
Modelnummer:X96Afstandsbediening:Includedcolor:black
Place of Origin:Guangdong, China (Mainland)system:Android 6.0 Marshmallow
CPU:Amlogic S905X Quad Core ARM Cortex A53 @2GHzWifi:Support 2.4GHz Wifi Support 1:KODI Pre-installed and Play PerfectSupport 2:HDMI: 4K*2K UHD Output, HDMI 2.0ASupport 3:Firmware OTA Upgrade

You can use this as a Linux machine... Let alone just for Kodi. Seems like a huge waste of money. Even a Chromecast Ultra can handle 4k. It's not that difficult to do. No need for this type of equipment. You could get it regardless just for the sake of it, but it won't make a difference to you because you'll never use the full potential of it.

What is this??

I paid

Okay thank you i paid 41 dollars for it.
I really bought it because i have no real understanding of tech or whatsoever.

>You can use this as a Linux machine
Nah not even that, even installing debian on these is a huge pain in the ass cause there's no documentation at all.

Sorry for the bad reply i had it on auto.
What is Rpi and OPI???

Also this cost me 41 dollars what do the other ones cost?

Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi

It comes with an English coloured manual this device and a remote.

Atleast what i see from the youtube unboxing revieuws.

I got one of these for like $30. I use it to play movies/series off my NAS on my TV, which it works well for.

Just buy a 5 yr old laptop and a HDMI cable

My sole use for it is kodi and maybe sometimes a youtube video or radio.

Found it good bargain at 41 dollar.

doesn't the box get hot or such things?
Like with other chinese crap

I have 2 laptops and a desktop but i really need this for my comfort so i don't need a laptop next to my television. I hate that it disturbs me during a movie.

buy it

Thats the one yes.
So you think its good?

>nl.aliexpress.com/item/Android-tv-box-Amlogic-S905X-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-WiFi-HDMI-2-0-4K-KODI/32709928234.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.5yRIxj&detailNewVersion=&categoryId=5092303

>doesn't the box get hot or such things?

No idea user, I dont touch it while its running.

Okay thank you anyway im gonna buy it. With 41 dollars not much can go wrong i reckon.

>What is Rpi and OPI???
get the fuck off my Sup Forums

i have one of those, ANYTHING that isn't video will make it shit itself.

So for only kodi and youtube is fine

I can not see in what is KODI is usefully or easy to use . It's the first application I want to erase from android TV box as this soft is using like 250Mo

Marshmallow is suck

I use an amazon fire tv with kodi and recommend that. Biggest factor was the RF remote that doesn't feel like cheap garbage.