Guys, guys....All memes aside, I think that Apple really is the better phone maker

Guys, guys....All memes aside, I think that Apple really is the better phone maker.

I've owned 4 flagship android phones now, from the Galaxy S2 to the HTC M8 - All of them were full of cool features when I got them, and all of them, now my beloved HTC, turn into pathetically slow pieces of shit after just a few years of use.

Why does every Android phone do this? The things just can't hold up over time. I've reinstalled android wiped everything done a fresh restart and this phone is still a laggy piece of dogshit, just like the others. Are iPhones like this too? It seems like every Android phone, no matter how impressive it is on launch is destined to become a laggy piece of shit just a couple years later.

I'm willing to sacrifice all of these neat little features for a phone that just fucking works at this point. Will any iPhone users share their experience?

>turn into pathetically slow pieces of shit after just a few years of use.
iPhones do this too

>Are iPhones like this too?

Absolutely. Just look at the trends of "new iphone launch" and "my iphone runs slower". Apple cripples their older stuff all the time to make people upgrade, the only difference being that with Android you have several other manufacturers to choose from for an upgrade, while with Apple you've got fuck and you as your choices.

>user finds out about planned obsolescence

Have you tried Android open source roms based on these phones ?

Posting from my HTC One m8 right now and it's still running well after 3 years.

It has slowed down a little, but really not much.

>Are iPhones like this too?
I had a 4s for a couple years when it came out (it was my first smartphone), and it was too slow to do most of anything after a year. I factory reset it after it decided to stop turning on, and it was still a piece of shit. Android phones get slower over time too, but you should buy a phone based on your needs rather than the brand.

Ironically, Samsung's TouchWiz slows down their phones even more.
Buying any S series past the S3 is pointless.
Although yes, iPhones do run better, but after a year or two, the device turns obsolete.
You really can't pick a proper path with these on the market.

What are you doing with yours? Mine is beyond fucked. I don't know why, but just opening the keyboard will crash most applications. It's ridiculous

Keep lying. My 5S still runs pretty smooth on the latest OS and it was launched in 2013. I have no plans in mind to upgrade it

>what is root
>what is flash
>what is Odin

My S5 mini, 2,5y old. Still quick and just werks.
>was lucky peasant and got 5.1.1 update

Had to retire my S2 due to old OS (don't want to brick it) and weak battery (didnt want to buy 3rd party exploding batteries)

Good for you

Did that
Did that
Yep

Still a piece of shit. Enlighten me

Android is pretty much crap for the same reasons linux is pretty much crap.
For starters, android has a linux kernel, full of flaws due to the complexity introduced by millions of LOC.
Then manufacturers are in liberty of doing whatever the fuck they want with their android distributions, since phones and tablets are the epitome of black boxed consumer technology. Because they only really care about spitting out products, and because android is a third party add-on to their hardware, they really don't care about the correctness or security of the product. They just slap it on the phone and what's even worse they get paid to slap a bunch of casual games applications full of adware.
Apple at least HAS to care about both the hardware and the software, the mere fact that the same company is in charge of the whole overall design naturally leads to a better integration of the components, plus, they are the sole manufacturers of their products and as such they have to respond to their users' requests.
A normal phone manufacturer can just give out a product and forget about it, as long as the battery doesn't catch fire that is.

>Odin
Samsbung fag

>what is wipe
>what is a clean install
>what is recovery

>what is that shit didnt work

>tfw on note 5 with occulus VR, the literal meme team, and couldn't be any happier
>phone is reaching 4 and still runs like a champion

Don't know mate, maybe it's the way I use my phones? I only install essential apps and tend to fill the memory but only with images/video. Wipe it once every 18months

my S4 is just as old, i have 6.0.1 on it and it runs great

still just as fast(or slow) since i got it.
stop installing normie crap on your phone.

because nonfree software, dipshit.

rip android.

this

the only reason an OS would get slower, especially after reinstalling it, is if you're using shittier applications, or you simply use more resource intensive applications

I use a handful of social media apps. That's it.

>Have Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
>Still runs like on the first day
>Still great battery time

2014 Nexus 6 here, running 7.1.1 blazing fucking fast. Nice bait, stockfag. Lrn2flash.

I have a gookshit Galaxy S5 I got near release date 3 years ago, still works like a charm apart from being gook trash. Even the original battery makes it through the day, barely. (((Apple))) will slow their phones down on purpose.
Try a factory reset senpai

>Android and Apple products are the only two available
Get a BlackBerry if you want something that won't take a shit in less than a year's time. Physical keyboard is also way faster and easier to type with than those tiny-button touch keyboard shitters.
Literally the only problem is a lack of apps, but that's not a problem with the device, it's a problem with the community. There are still plenty of apps, though. Just don't expect everything to have a BB version.

>pic unrelated

My nexus 5 is the same though?

Only issue is the battery life, but that's just a quick change I need to get around to.

My mi 4c is noticeably faster than my 6+. And it was $100

Mine is still working like the day I bought it. No shilling, this is the best phone I've owned so far. Going to be a sad day when it's time to retire it.

Do any of the new HTC phones even have the IR blaster? Comes in handy for controlling TV's in public spaces.

Got S4 around launch and it's still going with no issue.

i don't use any, but i can see those as being potentially quite resource intensive, even as much as a web browser

IR blasters outside the chinkphone market are going the way of the bee, user.

Apple user = school shooter

What rom?

S5 bros still going strong

You lie. iOS 10 with 1GB of RAM is absolute garbage. I should know, I have an iPhone 6.

>I've owned several phones from several companies therefore I'm informed enough to make broad statements about all of a companies products

riiiight, well sorry to say but when a company makes a new devices, it's generally an improvement over the previous. And further, even slightly different models of basically the same phone can be significantly better or worse just based on your carrier and how they allow updates.

I am using an 18 month old phone currently and it's still stupidly fast. When I bought it 18 months ago though it was basically the highest end phone on the market at the time.