businessinsider.com/zuckerbergs-3-5-and-10-year-facebook-plan-2014-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

goybook

This probably.

this thread won't be around long enough to see

facebook or ms

Gaybook

fecesbook, but I hope ms

Facebook is already looking towards the door out of the corner of it's eye.

Pretty much nobody under 25 uses Facebook seriously anymore, if they even have one. It's 'dad's social media'. They're all on Snapchat and Instagram now.

in eu and asia thats not true

I can only speak for Germany. But it's like that here.

anyone else have the feeling that google is here to stay?

>1.-Facebook
not a real business, new generations in first wolrd nations are not intesrested, they'll be the new yahoo soon
>2.-Apple
they keep fucking up and their shepple will most likely awake
>3.-Microsoft
They are fucking up the consumer side but they are strong in business, even if the desktop eventually dies they will stay around in embedded systems
>4.-Google
Unless their funders suddenly die and their infrastructure get's islame'd they are here to stay

Facebook -> M$ -> Apple -> Google/Alphabet

in that order

fite me fgts

I'd say Microsoft. They haven't released an okay-tier OS in almost 10 years.

They are going to turn into a hybrid media company now. Displaying (((real))) news and original programming. All "curated" content that supports globalism and multiculti fantasy. Zuck is even going for political office now.

> Instagram
Isn't that what Facebook owns, as well as WhatsApp? FB isn't going to fall as soon as you think.

Considering Facebook owns Instagram, that's good for them.

Probably correct. Although I don't see Google or Apple ever going away desu.

?
I'm 19 and all of my friends use Facebook, and I'm what's considered a normie.

not that poster, but I think what that means isn't that people are using something else still owned by FB, it's that they're willing to use alternatives

If a new hip alternative were to come out as "the next Instagram" or whatever, NOT owned by FB, then kikebook is basically finished unless they desperately purchase a takeover

Compared to the other company's projected stability in their services, FB just isn't unique enough to outlast them all

Friendster, MySpace, all the other shitty social media sites thought *they* were the one to last but look where they are now

unless FB conjures up more jewish tricks, by their own very platform they are constantly living on the edge (relatively speaking)

from most likely to least likely:
>1. Facebook
already on their way out to irrelevance
>2. Apple
Tim Cook killing the company by putting all the eggs on the iPhone
>3. Microsoft
They're lucky that they dominate the enterprise world. I'd love them to go down though
>4. Google
future rulers of the entire world sadly

This. FB already reached maximum saturation and just won't reach to more people, at least in the industrialized world. And it's not like China are going to unblock it in the foreseeable future either.

They have to monetise what they already have, and in an scenario where higher revenues are expected YoY by shareholders or else you're dead that only means more aggressive ads and data collecting, which means most users will be fed up of it sooner or later when they have to ramp up the intrussiveness.

Facebook. They rely entirely on marketing data which will become worthless soon. Google is at risk too since that's like 95% of their income

Apple or Facebook.

Facebook will fall first. Trends don't last forever. There will eventually be something to replace it, just as it was with myspace, and everything before myspace (msn, yahoo, aol, etc)

Apple will continue to ostracize its userbase by making their products even worse than they already are. Macbook with no ports at all? A phone with no SD slot, no audio jack, no replaceable battery?

They can't keep getting away with it at the scale they always have forever. There will always be people ignorant enough to buy their products (the rich, and the poor who use it as a status symbol), but they are seriously making their stuff unusable

MS will always be around, but even they have ruined their OS. I switched to Linux because Windows became unusable.

Google will just keep growing. Normies can't understand why its bad. Google invites you to entrust them with your ENTIRE life, your meetinds (calendars), your contacts/messages/emails (android/gmail), your phone number, your work (google docs), literally everything in your life can be handled by google.

Why does this world have to suck so bad

>marketing data which will become worthless soon
Why?

in every thread like this, it always comes down to:

Facebook falls first

Apple OR M$ next

Google last

better rev up those short orders

I can't see Apple being this dominant for much longer. I know it's anecdotal, but I just see more and more normies getting tired of their high-price low-functionality garbage

Apple could definitely lose it's spot as the largest tech company but they're so big now that it's basically impossible that they ever go away entirely. Plus, their brainwashing efforts with children and iPads will probably pay off the same way the Mac education discount did.

seconded

Apple will be able to hold on to life for a while. But they're falling in popularity in professional markets rapidly, which carries over towards the private end user market after a while.

I don't see why some of the best paid engineers in the world can't see that they're producing such garbage concepts, it's like they want to burn it all down.

historically speaking, the "to big to fail" mentally just isn't reliable

not saying Apple won't last longer than say, Facebook, but it's by no means a reason why they can't sudden;y massively fuck up on a grand scale and ruin themselves

Nobody I know in Germany cares about Facebook. And the guys that I worked with in Asia also don't give a shit about it. It's literally MySpace.

Google is on its way to become one of those evil corporations e see in fictional futures

>historically speaking, the "to big to fail" mentally just isn't reliable
Name companies as large as Apple that ceased to exist without government intervention

Enron at it's peak was nowhere close to the most valuable company on the planet. It was a monumental failure and I'd definitely recommend reading The Smartest Guys in the Room, but it's not the same as Apple.

Definitely Facebook - they've done a pretty poor job of keeping up with other platforms and younger generations aren't interested.

Apple have a shitton of money, they aren't going anywhere.

Microsoft have been doing pretty poorly in recent years but I genuinely think Sataya Nadella is a good CEO - I don't think they're going anywhere.

Google is fucking Google - I don't see anything viable replacing them any time soon and if anything I think their business is only going to increase, what with self driving cars and everything else they're working on.

It won't be facebook unfortunatelly...
Their plan is gud, I think...
businessinsider.com/zuckerbergs-3-5-and-10-year-facebook-plan-2014-10

Soooo basically global botnet.

Don't think google will fall either...

It will be M$ or apple, most likely apple...

According to some crap I read some time ago, basically those engineers have to work with whatever garbage design their marketing team hands them down and ram the "best" internals they can there.

>hind-sight bias: the post

At the time. Enron was believed to be invincible

Google's already got the global botnet market

linu... Oh wait linux already fell

2% lol

Microsoft isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future. With their large portion of the video game industry and even larger foothold in the business computer industry (with little to no chance to lose business there to apple or linux) they've got a fairly secure future.

And Google ain't going anywhere, that's fore sure.

I'd say either Apple or Facebook, leaning heavily towards Facebook.

Nice hipster meme

So why hasn't Google just bought Facebook yet anyways?

Because Google knows FB is losing popularity

>buying a sinking ship

for what purpose

>losing popularity
>almost 2 billion active users

Yeah lets ignore that it dominates every other market and that it's marketshare grew 100% on the desktop last year. If we ignore that small details no one cares anyway, i guess you're right.

100% of 0 is still 0

Well now, obviously. Hindsight and all that. I mean why didn't they just gobble them up before they reached peak? It seemed like the next big thing back then.

Hmm, nice argument except 1% of all the desktop users is not a so small number of you know a bit of math. Just saying.

Apple goes down first
Microsoft will follow

Google has their own shitty forgettable social media platform, I see it every time I check Gmail

It seems as if they're direct competitors, so there would have been no reason to purchase their opponent to win by default when they could have been confident of their own platform and anticipated their opponent's eventual slip

Facebook will go like myspace

Because they were working on their own version of it (Google Plus)

But Google+ was garbage?

Precisely. That's why they didn't purchase -- they had their own shittier version and probably saw no reason to.

Oh. I get it now. Thanks user

Social media platforms are always the first to go, because new generations of teens coming up see new websites as being cooler than the old ones that their parents use.

Not really, read The Smartest Guys in the Room. There were people that saw signs of trouble well before they collapsed in 2001.

Enron was never the largest company in the world, never reported $50 billion in profit in a year, and never had over $230 billion in cash reserves.

I wish they made campers like this, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I assume the same thing would happen when they are no longer able to buy new "facebook killer" memes like instagram

Pretty sure they do m8. But there are tons of forums and resources online on how to make these yourselves. Obviously, you need a camper first but the conversion isn't even that expensive depending on the quality and polish you want to achieve.

/diy/ has these threads like once a month

Thanks for the tip.

Apple's cooking the books. They don't have nearly that much money so when they fail it's going to come as a shock to everyone except those people that knew they were lying all along.

don't bother replying to bait, the applecuck will just ask for proofs that they're tim cooking the book and continue to wank Jobs' dead body under the to big to fail mentality

I think Facebook will be the only one of these to truly fall out of the market.

I'm only on Facebook still because I'm a musician and I use it to book events and advertise my music - this is the same point where MySpace started to go south- people started using it because of the utility it provides and less and less because they like it, in fact most people hated it toward the end and were eager for an alternative.

facebook they will die or will gonna be absorbed by others (M$ or google)
apple they just are falling since steve jobs died by aids cancer, they dont have any roots beside their fanbase
M$ or google idk both have alot of thing to stay

Mitsubishi Town Box. Some even have roofs that open completely. There are threads like this occasionally on /out/ too

I don't have Facebook for about a year now and I never had Instagram, or snapchap because I'm ugly. I use whatsapp because I need a free way to communicate if needed. I don't care about botnet but I still use Arch. I have a Android phone and use default Google services. I am 24 and if all of companies mentioned above fall soon I, same as my opinion, am irelevant because 2009+ kids will pick the next rulers..

Facebook will fail first. Shit economic model... no respect for privacy... overhyped...

facebook then apple
microsoft absorbs apple and shit goes wild

Probably facebook, but it doesn't matter as long as they all fall and fast, with Samsung, ORACLE, CISCO and a handful of other companies following.

Apple's hardly too big to fail. They don't account for a significant percentage of the computing space, according to the latest Gartner report iOS has a similarly minuscule market share of the smartphone market (12.9% vs 86.2% for Android), and iTunes is 64% of the -paid- digital music downloads. If Apple failed it would do basically NOTHING to the computing market and would be a minor annoyance in the smartphone space. Digital downloads would transfer to one of a gajillion other services so no big deal there.

Basically, Apple isn't an important company. They're not critical in any way, shape, or form.

Because Google is jew owned and Facebook too, Google only buys goyim stuff only so they can shit on in

They still use Kikebook for the meme pages. They just take all the memes and throw them onto 1 channel.

I can see why they are moving away from grannybook but i just don't see the allure of snapchat. Images that you can't keep and get deleted? What good is that? seems like an overrated chat application.

it's an illusion of privacy

people keep messages all the time by screenshotting or using third-party tools to capture videos etc.

basically normies are gullible when it comes to privacy, so they're more apt to share lewd things and get mad when you keep it

It is for chatting. I don't see why people call it a social media, shouldn't kik, Whatsapp and other chatting apps be called social media too then?

Goybook and hopefully Fapple

Facebook

Social media AKA questionable news sources.

That's not true.

I don't see MS falling any time soon as long as everyone is slave to Office and Windows.

facebook = microsoft -> apple -> google

Microsoft can't seem to do anything right, facebook has absolutely no foundation, apple is actually competent, and google is so embedded in the modern web they might as well be an intelligence agency

Another poster from Germany, the rare time my friends go on Granniebook, they just use it like 9gag or Buzzfeed v2, seriously facebook is full of useless shit now, just like my country

Also Facebook owns the shitty version of everything, Telegram and Line work better than WhatsApp, Vine, Snapchat, and Tumblr are better than Instagram, and funny enough WhatsApp and Instagram work better than Facebook

>Vine
Wasn't that discontinued recently?

I haven't used facebook in years. My profile just collects dust.

Honestly I should probably just update it with more bluepilled propaganda / good goy likes so it confuses NSA/CIA tracking algorithms and hopefully I stop getting flagged as a shit disturber for wrongthink.

yep, and they're completely against 3rd party apps like Casper that allows you download pics and videos at will.

Yahoo will be the next tech company to fall. Not that anyone will notice anyway.

>Why does this world have to suck so bad

KYS. Trust me, the next one is better

Whatsapp is the only real asset they have, Instagram is a dead platform feature wise all the new stuff was taken directly from snapchat. When the snapchat successor arrives it'll be over for instagram.

Whatsapp is a huge asset though, it has bilions of users which produces huge amounts of metadata to sell to advertisement companies. And I can see that source of money ending only when and if we'll get rid of internet ads in their current form.

That's why Facebook may be one of the last to die, in fact they were very clever and diversified their possession before anybody could even think about them going out of business. At the time everyone wondered why the hell would Facebook buy Instagram and Whatsapp, here's why.

Advertising/big data bubble pops and sets of startup bubble chain reaction that kills Facebook and Google.

Not 'cease-to-exist', that doesn't happen, but major falls.

Most of the apps I mentioned have small userbases but they have better user interfaces, better content, less ads and spying and more social component
Even some of my Chad and Stacy friends have dead profiles, they are onto Instagram and WhatsApp

the walking order in your image answers your question

I think a post capitalism internet is coming soon. Once the big ISP's start capping everyone at 2kb per month and charging $800 that will be the end of it.

After that there will be more and more mesh networks popping up. Pirateboxes. GPRS links etc.

Also Whatsapp is the only reason I have a phone anymore, if there was Whatsapp available for desktop, I would live phoneless desu, shit is so distracting.

web.whatsapp.com

>Apple's hardly too big to fail.
Too big to fail is a designation frequently provided to big banks due to the harm that their collapse would cause to the economy. I never said Apple was too big to fail, I said their failure would be unprecedented.

>google is so embedded in the modern web they might as well be an intelligence agency
Yep, it's kind of scary how big Google is.