What is up with the late 60s-early 2000 period and it's fascination with squares?!Square cars,square computers...

What is up with the late 60s-early 2000 period and it's fascination with squares?!Square cars,square computers,square houses,square gaming consoles.It's especially bizarre since it's the height of space race,you would imagine they would try to mimic aerodynamic shapes of rockets and satellites,but no-squares!

Fabrication of curved panels be it metal or plastic had an ever increasing production cost until manufacturing techniques and alternate material use caught up.

What's up with the late 00s-early 2010 period and it's fascination with fags?!. Fag cars, fag computers, fag houses, fag gaming consolea.

I wonder who could be behind it all...

This is exactly why they wasted so much metal and plastic to make cars in 50-70-s.

This now a cellular automata thread

>early 2000's
>square

You know you have to put a space after you punctuate, right?

Probaly the only durable piece of shit apple has.

okay?

Easy to fabricate, modularity, easy to pack and ship.

I miss the square cars look

wtf? lots of things from the 50s and 60s were actually round shaped. something has to come after that, its a never ending circle.

>fascination with squares

And those cars were made almost entirely out of steel with big V8s. 80's had the oil crisis which drove manufacturers towards aluminum which was very tricky to shape with the crude stamping machines used for steel. I'd bet commodity prices played a role as well if you refer to the steel price chart. Curves add surface area = more steel used.

Hope this helps.

>vintage is modern
Microsoft Windows confirmed for wannabe hipster

Honestly, cars looked better then. look at this garbage

>80's had the oil crisis which drove manufacturers towards aluminum which was very tricky to shape with the crude stamping machines used for steel.
not him but that really does explain why the '80s auto market was such an abortion of design

Fuck off, the mid 90's produced some of the most beautiful curved cars of all time.

Blame wind tunnels and fuel efficiency standards. Dull curved cars are standard so everything looks the same.