ITT software that you want to buy

ITT software that you want to buy

I never bought a software in my life

So you pirated it?

>vmware

it's only $100, unless you're talking about getting the full blown package.

Basic version seems fine to me, been trying out the demo and I instantly like almost everything about it

Damn, how did you know?

I use it for both personal and work.
I've yet to find any shortcomings that other packages have done better.

Same desu

MATLAB
>3600$
Labview
>4299$

I know its free. I want to buy gimp as a whole, make it private and shut it down forever and sue anyone who tries to make a fork of it from the previous code.

Because gimp is fucking garbage.

Windows 10...

lel just kidding. I did buy XP and Vista licenses when I was a Microcuck years ago.

this

it's like trying to get all MLP merchandise by paying Hasbro and destroying every MLP thing
slowclap

I like GIMP though

it's definitely not as strong as Photoshop, but strong enough for even advanced general image manipulation needs

winrar

this

Ever heard of FOSS?

Looks sexy. What is it?

Do you remember that one thread where someone said that they should destroy MLP by buying all MLP merchandise and destroying it?

Theres some software I'll need to buy for work like Premiere Pro and some other editing software, I'm an actual professional though so I can write off most of the expense.

Fruity Loops Studio 12 by Image-Line.

Thanks. Now I have one more bit of useless knowledge!

>he still thinks it's called "fruity loops"

OP, I don't know you so don't waste energy for denying my opinion but I used to love fl studio, then I started seriously looking into music making and learned to love ableton and even the abomination that is protools. Now fl is like babbies first daw to me, give it a shot if you haven't

Virtual "studios" and virtual "instruments", they're shit when it comes yo ease of use, ease of customization and most of all, sound like crap!

FL is great, and image-line provides free updates 4 life. However, the basic $99 version is pretty shit. IIRC, it doesn't even come with Edison (the basic audio editor plugin I use constantly) and is missing several other key features. (the demo is full featured)

or FL Studio to be Exact

Ableton is legit, but as of version 12, FL is pretty much full-featured.

Pic related

If you have basic, you can buy VSTs too.
Or you can get FL Studio complete edition or something like that.
Or you can get the cracked version by R2R
I will have both.

>FOSS
>DAW
Tried them all before trying FL, they all suck and are immature as software

As someone needing a babby's first DAW I think I'll go with FL regardless

The only software I've ever purchased was IntelliJ.
It's the only software I've ever used that I felt warranted the price of it.

>he still thinks it isn't called "fruity loops"

Is there anything like this for macOS?

Cause you know, I hear that macOS has all this software for this kind of thing

Logic

It's *good enough* like all "free" software.

If you want to get stuff done of course you go propitiatory.

If you wanted to really be a dick, you'd buy it, lock it down with DRM and sell it. Like Oracle does.

Anecdotal, but I know a lot of people turning away from Logic. Partly the general neglect of the software, and partly that their studio machines are feeling old and the new Mac Pros are absolutely balls

fuck java

Jet brains products. Yea they are resource heavy but using them to their full capacity makes development quite easy.

>tfw work at a university
>tfw install bothc MATLAB R2016A and Labview 2016 x64 almost daily

It's neat, but I want something native looking. I'm not paying for that shit.

>2017
>Paying for software

Ableton and FL12 have the same capabilities
Now Ableton+Renoise, now that's god tier for in-the-box production

bought after 6 years of using pirated
worth every penny desu

What are the alternatives for FL studio? Don't have to be free, I have benn using FL studio for a while and wondering if it is the only software that does this?

Only if it's free as in freedom. I bought synergy.

Renoise or LMMS if you're ready to kill yourself

I like gimp over photoshop

>if this is the only software that does this
No actually every single DAW does this and this does exactly what every single DAW does

And I like a ball of play-doh over solidworks

Thinking about picking up Powershell Studio. I have always a big primalscript fan and have writing a lot of Powershell gui tools.

The biggest car companies and designers still prefer and use clay models over virtual wind tunnel testing.
A more simple and easy to use tool, gets your creativity involved more.

Vmware is free user

Go suck a fuck.

Rekordbox

I'm looking for an all in one soft sampler.

Kontact library 5
Motu machfive 3
Sample tank 3

I don't know. I'm leaning getting the kontact library

this. Fl Studio is for niggers.

Don't particularly want to give EMC (now Dell) money for a SAN Copy license, but the AX4 is fucking old, dying, and the LUN's are all kinds of funky.

It's just easier this way...

This. Unfortunately, I live in the US and am not rich enough to bribe more Congresscritters than the movie studios can.

>propitiatory

whatthefuckamireading.jpg.tar.Z

kek this sounds like something Martin Shkreli could accomplish if he was more tech-oriented

Software sacrificed to God, don't you know anything?

you probably haven't used one

pirated it. it's cracked by R2R

why not mixxx
And for Slavs too.

proprietary
he probably have mispelled it

No such thing.
There are software I want to use and developers I want to support.

I never want to 'buy' things in the first place and all effort should be put to avoiding such a thing.

Hell, rather than buy 15 dollar software, I would rather get the software for free and donate 15 dollars. I'd rather do this in stead of every purchase. It's about principle.

Someday the system we use to reinforce what 'deserves' to exist will crumble anyway. You're not performing a good deed by adding a crouton to some fat cat's salad before it's doused in ranch and gold flakes.

It would easy me fear of a police raid.

no but he is right, use it, but start saving money and buy an interface and some small synths and you are gonna see how different it is

Only mid-tier expensive but still a lot of money

>Discount
>Implying implications of never evers

RHEL

They still make fruityloops? i would have thought piracy would have destroyed it years ago, it's not like any professionals use it.

gj user u identified that picture

here is your >award for supreme-smartness

do you make your own sounds with synths? post your soundcloud

Alfred Powerpack
Little Snitch
Pixelmator
Sublime Text

And pic related, purely to fuck around with.

I wish to support free software.

Isn't Lumen just a max patch with some ui work done?

I don't know, is it?

I would miss the notification messages too much

>buying software
ISHYGDDT

Find a free DAW that doesn't suck then talk

>I have no interest in DAW
Not an issue.

Why? What's it got that you can't get from other distros? (not a Fedora user here, but I have to ask)

>TPB
>Fruity Loops
>Done
???

>why not Traktor

SparxSystems Enterprise Architect 13
IDA Pro
Renoise 3

RIP VMware

>
>Find a free DAW that doesn't suck then talk
Ardour is decent but not great.
Renoise 3 is amazing if you don't mind the tracker-inspired UI and have $65 to spend.

Fruityloops single handedly ruined the entire dance music landscape by creating generic sounding gobshite. I'm a DJ BTW.

I actually paid for Renoise

i got into it because it looked interesting, and after a year of a pirated copy i decided that it was actually kinda cool and wanted to support the cause. it was like 50 euros at the time so i thought why not. still one of the best purchases i made.

Hi Rob Swire. When's Pendulum releasing new shit?

> (OP)
>I actually paid for Renoise
>i got into it because it looked interesting, and after a year of a pirated copy i decided that it was actually kinda cool and wanted to support the cause. it was like 50 euros at the time so i thought why not. still one of the best purchases i made.

The pricing is weird to me. The UI is something you either love or hate but the whole package and especially the new routing options in Renoise 3 + VST support and the render to sample for midi/VST function are sooo worth it.
And it even runs well on rather shitty hardware.

>And it even runs well on rather shitty hardware.
haha yeah, my laptop is a piece a shit, but renoise runs like a deam