What gpu do I get for maximum 300cad that will be a huge boost over my current 6950 1gb

what gpu do I get for maximum 300cad that will be a huge boost over my current 6950 1gb.

prefer Nvidia maybe?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/5mtkqe/please_stop_recommending_the_gtx_1060_instead_of/
amazon.ca/Sapphire-Radeon-NITRO-GDDR5-11260-02-20G/dp/B01J1M4IHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483992224&sr=1-1&keywords=rx 480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gtx 1060 6gb

I think it costs more than 300 in canadian dollarydoos.

RX 470. Nvidia doesn't have anything good in this price range.

You should consider spending more money for RX 480 8GB (or 1060 6GB if you're a fanboy) instead.

RX 470/480 4GB

RX 480

Windows 10? RX 480 4GB
Anything else? GTX 1060 6GB

typo repost

RX 480 hands down

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/5mtkqe/please_stop_recommending_the_gtx_1060_instead_of/

Im no shill but the 2 friends i have irl said they regret buying Amd products. I myself have never tried any but ive never had an issue with nvidia. Dont let anyone here convince you you have to be a fanboy to buy nvidia. Goodluck.

your friends are retarded and so are you

brand loyalty is dumb

get a good aftermarket RX 470

Fuck off, anything made by AMD is immediate trash

buy a 1070, it's the perfect card, and if you need that awesome gaming boost, buy the 1080 for top of the line performance

the 480 is more than 300 canuckbux

hell my strix 480 cost me 400

Most likely

that's more than double his budget you dumb sack of shit

Wait for vega it will destroy volta and XP for $200

nice meme breh

>selling a kidney to buy a gpu

kys

i bet you shill for free

why not titan? you fucking moron, can't you see the price?

A $100 used 7970 would be a huge boost over your current card. Spend the other $200 on a cute working girl (male).

amazon.ca/Sapphire-Radeon-NITRO-GDDR5-11260-02-20G/dp/B01J1M4IHS/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483992224&sr=1-1&keywords=rx 480
this beauty

The 4gb XFX RX480 is like 300 canacucks. Sapphire Radeon is about 20 canacucks more.

see post above yours.

>If you're a fanboy

If you want a card that doesn't suck.

How significant is the difference between the 8gb and 4gb version?

Not enough to justify the price. Unless you're at 1440p or higher which make it a must.
4GB for 1080 is still enough.

>awesome gaming boost
paid shill please go

you're making people who have nvidia like me look bad

Doom uses more than 4 @ 1080p. I've clocked the new tomb raider @ 6.7gb of Vram but that is probably due to optimization issues.

doom doesn't use more than 4, doom allocates more than 4 but uses less. It allocates more than it needs in case at one points it needs more than what is currently used (and if it allocated only what was used then performances would deteriorate a bit as allocating VRAM does cost a bit of performance).

This doesn't justifiate $100 more, not on it's own.

Its the nightmare shadows that murders your vram - the other settings on nightmare don't kill performance on 4gb cards.

>awesome gaming boost,
Poojeet pls

>7 months old benchmark
>not even relive

fury if you can handle the power draw and don't mind the coil whine.

There is a good reason why a certain group of individuals on Sup Forums do not use recent benchmarks.

what is it

Ok time for summary:

Vega is the biggest fundamental architecture change since they switched from Terascale to GCN 1.0
The new NCU means a massive boost to efficiency in the shader core and a much easier ability to fully saturate the GPU with work.
The biggest problem with Fiji(furyX) is that its 4096 shaders didnt mean very much because of large bubbles in the pipeline and large ammounts of shaders idling and doing no work each cycle.
Even with a low Level API like Vulcan which is best case scenario the FuryX is still not running with all cylinders firing because Vulkan only solved the Driver overhead problem. There is still bubbles in the workload because of the fundamental design of the GCN architecture itself.

AMD is switching from standard 4x16-bit blocks of a normal GCN CU(compute unit) to This new design of a variable 8+4+2+2 block and either four of these or a mix of these and standard 16-bit blocks in this new NCU(next compute unit)

They could not Do this in the past because they did not have the technology to build a Hardware Scheduler and Memory Scheduler Complexed enough to run this kind of architecture.

We have test samples of Vega with NCU's disabled and with very low clockspeeds and its beating a 1900mhz overclocked gtx 1080 in DOOM. Now there is a gain from using Vulcan over DX11 and OpenGL for AMD but thats on the Driver Overhead side not on the fundamental shader operations side. IT just means the CPU is feeding draw calls to the GPU at peak efficiency.

Alot of people dismiss the test because its vulcan but they dont know what they are looking at. The Vega sample is running FIJI 1.2 drivers Which means the instructions are running through the Vega NCU's like they are standard fixed 16-bit blocks like you have on a FuryX card.

So you need to look at it from this perspective.

This New architecture is more advanced than Maxwel/Pascal. You are going to see unreal performance from Vega when its finally released. Poor Volta

1060 is good now and dx12 is a meme

compute performance is high for the rx480 but it's not gonna fucking matter because you'll be looking at another graphics card before dx12 is boosting your performance any significant level

b u y f o r d x 1 1

buy nvidia

>he doesn't buy for DX9

There are more DX9 games than DX11 user. DX11 is a meme.

well fuck me, didn`t notice it was that old

You're acting like you're an insider, but it's not coming off well at all. It's clear you've read US 2016 0085551, but the rest seems like speculation.

i think you even know what's wrong with that argument

dx12 won't be relevant for any use case for a while

dx11 is a developed api with most titles still releasing for it

dx9 is irrelevant

it's not black and white here friend

If you look up GCN's design you'll see that its not a good fit for the likes of DX9 and 11 and DX12/vulkan can get the design to run full throttle but fiji is particularly unbalanced due to the effective hard limit of 64 rops. Had fiji rocked 96 the fury x would annihilate everything in its path (as well as your power bill).

>been using r9 290 for over a year, no issues

>been using fury x now for over 6 months, it's only getting better

the bad reputation of 5000/6000 series cards of bad drivers is still trending with non-informed people and i can understand that. but please, it's 2016 and AMD has brought so many good technologies to the table.. you'd be extremely blind not to support them with a product purchase which doesn't.

also checkout the FineWine technology from AMD

See this is where your credentials turn to shit.

I don't really get this line of thinking. DX12 is clearly superior and it's not like it's going away, so why wouldn't you trade a few FPS right now in old DX11 games to have a much higher ceiling in DX12/Vulkan games? Sure there aren't many of them now but what if you end up keeping the card for 2-3 years? Polaris will have left the 1060 in the dust by then. The 1060 seemed like a good choice when it was brand new but now that it's basically a toss up with the 480 I don't know why you wouldn't take the card with the higher potential.

>DX12
needs win10
> keeping the card for 2-3 years?
win7 support till 2020

for a cheap card here and now is the consideration imo

and a few fps AND technologies that will murder an amd gpu is the reason

>AND technologies that will murder an amd gpu is the reason
you mean like G-sync and Physx?