Refurbished Zenbooks

Asus Zenbook refurbs are appearing on eBay for £400.

- IPS 1920x1080 display
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB SSD
- 13.3 inch screen
- Core M CPU but let's face it, most people on Sup Forums are just going to use these things to shitpost and they're not even that weak at all
- It's aesthetic as fuck

Is there any reason not to go with them? An X220 plus a new SSD and memory upgrades wouldn't cost much less.

going with a x220 you get core i5, cheaper prices, better keyboard and aesthetics

you can also get a i7 and a better screen

I bet you think a macbook is aesthetic too
fuck outta here pleb

>It's aesthetic as fuck
Not like the X220

Flat is justice, user.

X220 can't do 1080p without mod

The new Zenbooks are really nice, but I have a brand new laptop and never use the god damn thing over my desktop.

What makes no sense to me is that new gorgeous blue and yellow zenbook has U series chips in it with a similar thickness to the non-pro core M macbook. If Apple could have fit u series 15w CPUs in the macbook why didn't they? It would be such a more compelling buy with something like a i5 7500u in it

Isn't the X220 pretty flat?

Koume a cute!

Acer chromebook 14 is the same for less money

You must be thinking of the X1 carbon or something.

A cute angel!

C'mon, I like my acer chromebook 14 but it's just a chromebook. One of the few without SD or mSD card slot AND a soldered memory.

The only thing in common between that chromebook and the zenbooks is that they're thin laptops made to be unrepairable and thus will end up in some landfill in africa or india within 5-6 years after purchase, at best.

>13.3 inch screen
dropped

Why do you dislike 13.3"? My first machine was a dell dimenson 2400 with a CRT monitor in 2003, it was replaced in 2007 with a 13.3" macbook. I felt it was perfect size wise for a laptop. Not too small but not so big that it affects portability.
I bought another 13.3" laptop last fall and even though i got the mac when i was 15 the size still feels fine at 24.
13.3" laptops also tend to be the only ones with centered keyboards and trackpads.

I would consider a 15" like the new macbook pro or the zenbook pro, even the xps 15 because they're so thin

>macbooks
>ew shitty specs
>KEK dat shitty cpu

>Zenbook
>let's face it, most people on Sup Forums are just going to use these things to shitpost and they're not even that weak at all

>double standards

Yeah but you get an older and much less efficient i5, worse aesthetics, no USB 3.0, and you're stuck with ahitty 720p tn unless you do an expensive mod.
Also they usually don't ship with an SSD if you go for the cheaper ones.

I just got a 13.3" dell with i5 7200u for $400

>Macbook $1300
>Zenbook $500

What model did you get?

inspiron i5378-2885GRY
comes with 8gb ram and 1tb hdd, i had a 256gb ssd laying around tho
temps havent gone over 52°C

also display is 1080p

>that bezel

A reasonably priced Windows laptop, well fuck me.

Macbook also got a much better screen, battery life, trackpad, OS, size/weight.

Whether it's worth the few extra hundred bucks is up to you of course.

Why choose a x series over a t?

>not buying the cheaper AND BETTER 2014 MBP
stay pleb and keep wasting money

I bought refurbs of an earlier line with the same specs except haswell ulv for my mother and sister.

They didn't last. They both had multiple hardware failures culminating with the motherboards not posting.

Just my anecdote that soured me on them.

I bought one with a core lmao two years ago for $500, it has been great with Debian Sid. I wanted portability above all and it being light as fuck convinced me. I'm just going to wait until an APU with HBM2 appears for a newer laptop.

>worse aesthetics
That's where you're wrong friend.

>dinosaur laptop