I'll be getting a new phone soon. Why should I get a smartphone over a basic cellphone...

I'll be getting a new phone soon. Why should I get a smartphone over a basic cellphone? I've had one since my Jr year of high school and I feel like it's sort of lowered my quality of like a bit.

Phones are communication tools, you should get one that does it best. In that case, its the iPhone.

If you are poor there is probably a payment plan that suits you.

I have a 6 right now and have had it for almost two years.

>>If you are poor there is probably a payment plan that suits you.
yeah if something's too expensive for you to buy why don't you just pay extra for it with interest?

you'll need an iphone, ipad, and imac to be cool like everyone else. Better start saving up!

If you are paying upfront with cash you are also losing money.

But since we are talking about technology, its always better to pay more for the high-end devices.

Cheap computers are trash.

There's no reason anyone should buy a phone that costs more than $200 or so in this day and age, for the same reason that most people shouldn't get an i7 over an i5. The cheaper option is already more than good enough, buying a flagship is just throwing money away pointlessly.

And anyway since they're communication tools, you can call and text just as well on a cheap phone as on some $700 monster. And then if you drop it you won't be out nearly as much.

>There's no reason..
Yes, there is. Its simply a better experience.

If those are thing I use everyday I want the best experience possible, and high-end devices are simple in another level, if you deny this you never had one.

If you can afford it, you should buy it.

Even if you're rich and can afford it, it's stupid to piss away money like that. That's how people go from being rich to being not rich.

Also "experience" is incredibly subjective. Your night-and-day difference is something other guys don't even notice. Ever seen a normie watch TV with the wrong aspect ratio, and they just don't care? Its common.

>i absolutely need to spend $300 more to ENHANCE(TM) my ebin facebook memes on the go
Don't fool yourself. A Moto G already does everything a smartphone is good for: communication tools. Maybe spend a bit more if you want a better camera, but otherwise you're pointlessly throwing your money down the drain.

Jesus, you're like those neckbeards who "absolutely need 24GB of RAM" to shitpost on Sup Forums

>piss away money
Its not pissing away. Its literally making my life better, that is what money is for.

If I was using a 200$ phone I would be less satisfied compared to my 8000$ phone.

Sure, its a luxury, but if I can afford it I will buy it.

>Moto G already does everything a smartphone is good for
Nah, its not the same. If you think it is you never had one.

Sure, the moto G and my expensive phone would both do the same thing but my current phone is faster, smoother, more stable, prettier, more secure, has better support.

Those are all luxuries that I can afford and that is why I buy expensive phones. That is what my money is for.

Have you considered to just not have a mobile phone?

>If you are paying upfront with cash you are also losing money.
are you parroting "time value of money" after taking babby's first freshman economics lecture or are you just fucking retarded

I don't have a house phone.

But that is the truth..

Sure, interest would cost more money, but depending where and how you are buying there are payment options that allow you to pay overtime the same amount that you would pay upfront. And that is better than giving everything at once.

Even then you're better off just using the cheap-device cameras and getting a dedicated camera if you sometimes want to take higher-quality photos than that. Modern phone cameras are all pretty good in good lighting conditions, and are all still way behind real cameras in low light conditions, or if you need telephoto reach.

So you're paying several hundred dollars more than you have to just for luxury that doesn't impact the functionality of the product?

You should meditate on the fact that Warren Buffet lives in a nondescript house in a middle-class suburb even though he could afford a mansion on a private island.

>functionality
Like I said, they all do what I need.

Some people can afford the best, others cant. Sorry if you are poor.

Sorry you haven't realized that hedonic adaption is a thing, and your $700 phone will eventually leave you wanting more in the same way that you would if you'd bought a $200 phone. Only with less money in your pocket.

my samsung s3 broke recently after 4 years, and i spent like 3 weeks reading reviews of new phones, trying them out at stores and stuff and in the end i bought another samsung s3 for 200 euros

smartphones peaked around 2014

I've had a Droid X, an LG Optimus, an iPhone 4, an HTC One (M8), and an iPhone 6 that I'm currently using.