Is discrimination a bigger problem than P=NP? in computer science?

Is discrimination a bigger problem than P=NP? in computer science?

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/02/12/before-you-get-too-excited-about-that-github-study/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. Men > Women obviously.

the biggest problem is that there is no unions so IT pros get screwed while pretty much every other profession has organizations to look after them.

and then there's THIS thread

again

and again

why don't you actually code something useful instead of bitch about non-issues?

Discrimination of women in computer science is the biggest problem in history.

dunno, but for some reason we only get PRs from guys and all of our developers are guys. we've never had a woman make a PR, so i guess they just contribute JS bullshit ?

>I get screwed over by making 150k a year

All of your error bars overlap, this graph is entirely meaningless

This is fake news! My alt-right blogs told me so!

I thought liberals were the ones concerned with fake news since Trump dominated Facebook and won the election?

>submit pull requests that are just useless language-policing
>get pull request closed
>HELP HELP I'M BEING RAPED BY THE PATRIARCHY
>create phony study in which the pull requests submitted by gendered and ungendered submitters are different
>LOOK I'VE BEEN RAPED

P=NP isn't a real problem, its more of a thought experiment, the potential outcomes of which won't ultimately have an effect on the industry.
Gender discrimination simply isn't real, unless you're talking about bitter childless women taking out their frustrations for their lack of happiness on male peers.

>butthurt shitlib

>error bars

looks like upper and lower 25%, with the colored portion being the median 50%

More proof that women seldom bother negotiating their wages.

today we learn Sup Forums cant read a histogram

yes, because everyone make 150k a year and that they have security for making that money 20 years from now right?

idk senpai, looks like the range for men's wages dips lower than women's

Not talking about between time samples, talking about between genders

>tfw there used to be this nerdy cucky nigger in my CS class that was friends with a tomboyish girl who got great scores in the C programming tests
turns out he used to study python before uni and when I took a look at most of his code in C it was always filled with redundant shit, somehow most of her code started looking the same and he started convincing her that python is a decent language.

kek they both couldn't handle data structures and almost dropped off.

Alternative hypothesis that ideological researchers won't consider:

women who gender their names aren't as good at programming as women who don't gender their names

I don't give a fuck about discrimination I just want to get paid

Stop being entitled

No one owes you anything

If you are no longer able to prove your worth that much, just kys

Trumpists have been dismissing any evidence of the problems liberals are trying to solve (sexism, racism) as fake news.

slatestarcodex.com/2016/02/12/before-you-get-too-excited-about-that-github-study/

go tell that to all the other unionized jobs

>slatestarcodex

if all you care about is monies, yes.

It seems that women leadership = more money, allegedly. Theorized that women leaders know how to sell to the 70% strong consumer spending space which is basically all women.

The biggest problem are the jews that are pushing this shit
#MakeHolocaustActuallyHappen

interesting point

>P=NP isn't a real problem, its more of a thought experiment, the potential outcomes of which won't ultimately have an effect on the industry.
how fucking retarded are you ? do you have any idea what you are talking about ?

Go back to your first year CS homework, kid.

>reaction image