Razer Announces Valerie: The World's First Triple Display Laptop

techpowerup.com/229389/razer-announces-project-valerie-the-worlds-first-triple-display-laptop

Technology has gone too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0lrSUcgVqHg
youtube.com/watch?v=draYkCIePVc
my.mixtape.moe/wbwffe.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So... is it 3 monitors or just a scaling resolution?

>Something happened :( Something happened :( Something happened :(

3 monitors

this is legitimately retarded

It got stolen anyways.

I thinks its a neat idea.
seems silly that such a device would be made into a laptop but whatev, there is a big market I guess for gaming laptops. Also seems like way overkill to have 4k displays for this application. Seems like it will hurt them on both sides, as the computer hardware requirements would be astronomical and compatibility will also be very low.

But a desktop monitor that folded out into a triple display on a single stand would be a big seller I think.

This whole thing is so JUST that I almost don't believe it's real.

not to mention the display accounts for like half of battery consumption for large laptops.

this razor contraption seems more like a portable desktop than a laptop. which is also a neat idea. but they should go all out and ditch the built in psu/battery, and sell it as a portable desktop rig

ThinkPad did it first m8s

>3 4k screens
>one poorly cooled 1080

For these butter smooth 15 FPS, eh?

>productivity
>no portrait mode

bin it

>only for gayming

youtube.com/watch?v=0lrSUcgVqHg

youtube.com/watch?v=draYkCIePVc

Border too think and its an old man laptop.

lol the razer is just as thick

That's a bold move. This is actual courage in tech world, people. Not the removal of commonly used ports.

>Razer
>lol it's a workstation guise

So brave.

Can you elaborate?

"I am autism, destroyer of worlds"

I'd rather not look like a tard when I'm tinkering with music while on a plane or the bus.

no thanks.

>12k resolution
>5watt i7 low power cpu
>single underclocked gtx 1080
No thanks

not bad at all

>5watt i7 low power cpu
>single underclocked gtx 1080

[Citation]

Three times 3k sxreen is not 12k. 12k is 9 4k screens

i watched linus review this and i think he was edging to the fact that are people going to roll up to spots and just whack this out and start gaming triple monitor style wherever,whenever...ide be more inclined to think its for the lazy fucks who dont want to build a gaymen pc and want this sitting aloft there gaming table never to see the outside world...and why not,i wouldnt buy it,but im sure someone will.

God damn, I'm retarded

I actually have acquired one of these, contact me in the usual places for details if you'd like to buy.

Not that guy but with 100% utilization at all times and shit cooling, it's basically guaranteed to thermal throttle like a motherfucker. After the kids let it clog with dust, it's a literal housefire.

Thanks to today marketing terms it is Wide 12k.

muh feeling is not a source

CALL 911 BOYS

>itt it's okay when memepad did it

Did we already forget the last thread?

my.mixtape.moe/wbwffe.webm

Even that ultrawide abortion from Acer looks appealing next to this.

>border too think
of course it's a think border, it's a motherfucking thinkpad after all, dipshit

>4k in that fucking tiny screen

This is so fucking retarded it's almost unbelievable. At least 1080p won't have any scaling artifacts.

>needing a detailed explanation
>being this retarded

their products are the poorly designed flashy objects, directed at teenagers that think RGB LEDs look cool
in other words, not something people would consider using for actual work

Oh well

I like it.

What's the battery life? 1 hour?

>their products are the poorly designed
and? You can turn off the LEDs...

WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just scale to 200%, windows just scales like shit to half pixels, like x25% or X50%

Just like every Razer product :^)

Higher resolution > 8x AA filter

>Not adding computrace or some similar shit to exhibition computers
They were asking for it.

At silky smooth 2 fps.

To be fair, their laptops are not bad.

I have a 17 inch laptop with a 4k screen and it's bretty nice to look at

>You can turn off the LEDs...

But can you turn off the autism?

>Project Valerie
>"Our first take"
Hmmm

thicc

Where is the Razor laptop on your pic user?

It's actually pretty sleak, considering what this thing is packing. A shame about that shitastic logo though.

This would actually be neat if the other 2 screens were detachable and the laptop itself was fairly light.