Thoughts on the iPhone SE?

Thoughts on the iPhone SE?

Other urls found in this thread:

discussions.apple.com/thread/3456164?start=0&tstart=0
techguylabs.com/episodes/1168/how-can-i-set-audio-alert-missed-calls-iphone
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fits my every need, including its small size. Im getting one next month, any sugestions on cheapest place to get one?

get back to your fucking general.

mods ban this faggot for ignoring the sticky

Get a life

>t. every thread is a consumer thread
Welp. time to ban Sup Forums from Sup Forums

It's an iPhone, therefore it's shit.

Decent hardware, let down by iOS.

Very much this. I loved the iPhone4 with iOS6, but when 7 came around, I switched back to Android. Now I'm using an iPhone SE for work because that's what we get from my employer and it's sad to see that iOS implements so many features in a shitty way.

so fucking true. but where is the stock android OS on so much of the great hardware sits on? No where to be seen.

Quite literally flawless if you're looking for a small
phone

And I mean that literally

If you ignore the shortcomings of iOS, sure.

Get a life.

What are those?

I have a choice between this and the 5" Pixel, but ONLY the 16gb SE vs the Pixel. Which one should I go for?

My pet peeve is: no notifications for missed calls/messages.

as opposed to ignoring the other shortcomings of Android or Windows 10 Mobile.

I can live with that.

Of course it has notifications for missed calls. Where did you hear that it doesn't?

Don't know what you mean by missed message though

???

You know you can edit notifications right?

Well, it doesnt run android so its already ahead of 90% of the market

it's a good phone, op

16gb is not enough

>i need 128gb minimum in my phone
>*streams everything, uses like 4 apps daily"
>why are flash prices going up?? muh ssd costs too much

I'm talking about repeated reminders (either notification light or sound) that you missed a call, have unread emails etc.
iOS doesn't have that. Or rather it has some half-assed solutions that look like a joke.

>I'm talking about repeated reminders (either notification light or sound)

Are you kidding? That was literally my annoyance with IOS6 was that it kept beeping after the first beep to remind you that you had notifications from calls or messages, you can turn that on or off on the notifications.

Show me the setting please.

I don't have an IOS device anymore, hence why I am buying one in February. Otherwise I'd show you. You have to go fuck around the notification settings its in there.

Well then you must know something others don't.
Because I lot of people are complaining about this missing.
discussions.apple.com/thread/3456164?start=0&tstart=0
techguylabs.com/episodes/1168/how-can-i-set-audio-alert-missed-calls-iphone

I'm still not sure you know what I mean. But read that thread on apple.com. Android apps for this let you set custom intervals and everything... (besides many Android phones also have a dedicated LED light for notifications).

Its possible we're not talking about the same thing.

Say I get a call/text and don't answer or touch the keys when it happens. Maybe a minute later, it will make the notification sound again, and it will always stay on the locked screen. It was like that until the last time I had a iphone (ios8). To be "renotified" I don't think there is a setting for that.

And as far as the LED for notifications I haven't seen that on a phone in years, do some Android phones have that? You can get the flash on the iphone to light up while the notification is "active" but thats it.

Probably the best PHONE there is, specially if you consider the ridiculous low price.

iTunes is cancer though.

That's a tricky one, Pixel is shit sans the camera but 16GB is very limited ... obviously none and saving up for 64GB, or buying a much cheaper phone.

>To be "renotified" I don't think there is a setting for that.
That's what I meant.
On Android the notifications/reminders can go on for hours if you want, for whatever (SMS, email, Whatsapp...).
So you never have to pick up the phone just to check if you missed anything.

>And as far as the LED for notifications I haven't seen that on a phone in years, do some Android phones have that?
Many do, I think it's a standard feature for the more expensive models.

>On Android the notifications/reminders can go on for hours if you want,

I didn't realise that, seriously that would drive me insane, but I got ass burgers so there is that.

Unfotunatly due to the deal in have I can't change the iPhone storage size.

Whats wrong with the pixel out of interest?

I had before this:

T-Mobile G1
HTC Desire
Galaxy S3
IPhone 5s

>Whats wrong with the pixel out of interest?
A lot of people on SPG talk shit about it. Are you paying for it with your own money? If not then it really won't matter.

Do you have a chance to go try them before you buy them in a store?

>iTunes is cancer though.
Only on Windows.
But then, what isn't?

I got an iPhone SE 64gb for $0 on a 2 year contract and I only owe $360 with $15 knocked off each month. Save like $300 buying it New from Apple. Also all in Canadough.

Cheap android user here (So take my opinion with a grain of salt since Ive never had a flagship android)

I love it. It does everything I want it to do without a semblance of lag. Battery lasts two days. Small too.

>Ive never had a flagship android
It doesn't even exist. Yes, some of the more expensive stuff got a better hardware, cameras, screens and so on but the OS always feels like a hobbyist solution.

>It doesn't even exist.
It would have to be the Nexus range of phones, can't really say a flagship doesn't exist for Android, that's what nexus is supposed to be.

Size is nice

It runs iOS though so it's shit

This

>ridiculous low price
>$400 base model

t. rich white girl living off daddy's money

What other high end phone can you get for anything near that? SE got flagship specs for medium price.

It's amazing how cheap the iPhone SE is compared to anything else, it's making low priced androids and high end androids looking bad. You can get the total high end package with a little screen for $400. You can get a good but low end Android between $100 and $200 high end between $600 and $800.

Which leaves you wondering if you need a phone, are platform agnostic. You can spend a couple of hundred on a Android or $400 on a iPhone. The great thing about the SE is the camera and specs.

The size is what will make the difference depending on your preference

The price is nice for the hardware

However it runs iOS so it's basically worthless

The answer is in the heavenly kingdom.

Though to be fair, the size can also be a downside for some. For me it's one of it main selling points though, when it comes to high end in small package there is ONLY Xperia Compact and SE, and Sony totally dropped their efforts after Z3C.

What is there a normal person would miss? Sure, if you got some specific requirements like ricing, iOS will be a pain but for a normal user who just wants basic smartphone tasks done good, the OS is basically irrelevant and with iOS you at least get updates and better treatment by devs. Even Google apps tend to work/look better on iOS.

I' had to get it to replace my S4 when they announced it, got it a month later.

Literally perfect for me, great size, amazing battery life, great apps. I do miss android but no recent android this phone comes close to the SE

fucking manlet phone lmao
enjoy hitting 3 keys at once while you're typing

iOS is just unusable garbage compared to Android. You can do things way faster and more efficiently on Android and it's way more intuitive.

The "back button" for example is a completely disaster on iOS. Multitasking is shit. Notifications are way harder to deal with.

Android actually gets updated far more often than iOS if you get a Nexus or Pixel. You literally get a new update every single month.

>the size can also be a downside for some
that is why i said preference matters. to me it is also the main selling point, it is basically the only good smartphone in that size along with the sony xperia compact, which costs more than the iphone making it overpriced.

>enjoy hitting 3 keys at once while you're typing
funny thing is ive had that problem. with 5" android phones but not with 4" iphones.

nice phone, i own one and it's been alright for what i need it to (twitter, spotify, apple music, and whatnot). before anyone says "muh android", I was given it by my parents to take to uni because they've only ever used apple before.

Wrong board
I'm being actually 100% serious by the way.

Show me a high specs android phone with 4.5" or less.

if you post an xperia we're all going to kill you.

No as a gay person myself I believe iPhones don't belong on Sup Forums anymore than fighter aircraft or stoves do.

The iPhone is a pride symbol for the LGBT community and should be kept that way. All you'll find on Sup Forums is homophobics.

I think phones all of them should be removed from Sup Forums totally. As long as they're allowed on here and not all bundled in one thread, this isnt even so much a thread about iphones, more that it is a thread about 4" good specs phones, and there are only two that fit that category, the SE and the Xperia Compact which is 4.5"

Won't argue about petty things like which phone can fit up your ass more easily but what I do know is iPhones no longer belong on Sup Forums. I swear if that shit doesn't stop then I'm spamming the shit out of Sup Forums with stove and fighter aircraft threada.

You're probably a homophobe yourself. Fuck man, let us have at least the iPhones, you already have our freedoms and rights in most of the world.

you have some serious issues faggot. go suck a dick.

>The iPhone is a pride symbol for the LGBT community
what did he meme by this?

/thread

It's good if you're a tech illiterate old lady, like my mom that has an iPhone SE I bought her