Tracebook

Why haven't you deleted your account yet?

stallman.org/facebook.html

Because I am not autistic

Haven't used/updated it in over 5 years. Don't even want to log back in to delete it.

Deleted mine 3 years ago and actually have a gf for the last two. I think FB fucks with ppl's heads.

You say that like it's a good thing.

i haven't but what i do is i take frequent extended breaks otherwise i get fucking stupid and keep checking it

i can't enjoy anything if i use it too much

facebook has infected my brain and i want it destroyed right now

How can I delete something that doesn't exist?!

I did exactly a year ago

I never had an account?

Because I never had one in the first place.

SHADOW ACCOUNT
H
A
D
O
W

A
C
C
O
U
N
T

Everyone has one whether they like it or not.

But I did, on 2011.
I don't miss it a little bit, and in fact only my sister use it regularly, and probably even she will stop using it as frequent as she grows up

Deleted mine back in 2011. Made one again mid 2012 for a girl I liked but deleted it again, made a fake profile, and still keeping that.

The fake profile is quite nice to have since I use it to register to a bunch of stuff without having to use my email

difficult for me to delet because i got e-friends and i'm a lonely boy :'(

There are extensions to fix this, personally I use RequestPolicy because I like to block every 3rd party, CDNs, etc by default.

I deleted mine, but not because of anything that fat faggot stallman said.

404 not found

I did. I joined in 2004 and deleted in 2016. Over a decade of cringe gone.

I made a new account to keep in contact with people, but will no longer post public content or attach personal information.

You still have friends uploading your data from their address books.

You DO have friends, right?

You're only just thinking about deleting it? You're such a fucking normie.

Well I haven't owned a phone since 2009, so no one has my number.

I deleted my facebook the day I found out they assigned a faceprint to all of my pictures.

And now, I don't get invited to any parties.

>Why didn't I see you at my party last night user?
>There was a party?
>Uh, Yeah. I sent out an invite to all my friends.

The social status quo will always be the botnet until RMS wins.

Of course, he won't win because people just don't give a shit about privacy anymore. Even people who are aware of the active spying just don't care.

>You still have friends uploading your data from their address books.
Right, I forgot about that detail

>You DO have friends, right?
Yes and you're right, my friends do upload photos in which I appear to facebook. But you have to admit that facebook knows a lot less about me without account, at best they know some of my friends and some of the things I like.

But yeah, is scary to think that they can still know that without me having an account, not even a "fake" one and blocking any cross-site request like the "like" button

Why are you replying for me?
That (You) was mine not yours, get your own (You)s

They don't care yet, because the prison being constructed right before their eyes isn't adversely affecting them.

All it will take is a modern day McCarthy hearing on un–American activities witch hunt that causes people be detained for interrogation because they talked to someone on a subway train 7 years earlier and a recording of the interaction was crawled by a facial recognition bot and these idiots will finally get it.

Yet if you don't have a social media presence, you'll be harmed too. You'll be viewed as suspicious, and you'll lose your friends, your job, and your freedom.

That's very suspicious. There is only one reason you don't own a phone. You want to hide your criminal activities.

What are your crimes, user?
>reported

It doesn't matter. Your aunt and your mom and your will put the Thanksgiving pictures they took of the whole family on their Facebook and Instagram for them.

Uncle Sam will get his faceprint print of you.

>and your freedom
How can that be called freedom then?

I take my security advice from people who don't pick their toes and eat the gunk in between while sitting in front of a large audience.

This. Even "opting out" isn't a true escape. We need herd immunity, or rather herd freedom to get individual freedom.

It won't matter because either that case will never be public (PATRIOT Act et al. allow them to imprison you for whatever reason now without respecting any rights) and even if it is, the media will smear the target well enough that nobody rebukes it. What makes you think it's not currently happening?

Even if people begin to believe it's wrong, they can't fight it. They'll always see it as the work of "those evil Demoblicans/Republicrats!" There will always be a scapegoat in their mind as the true cause of it, keeping people divided while their freedoms are systematically stripped away.

And what about people like us, who know what's happening? One of two things:
1. We end up in hopeless despair with places like Sup Forums a last "safe place" (in our minds) to mourn the end of an era, or
2. We begin organizing and planning real change, at which point the leaders are v& and it's over.

I don't see an easy way out without some serious tour de force in technology. I literally depend on RMS & friends for the future of humanity.

Some of us actually have people we want to keep in touch with.

So use PGP and anonymous remailers.

>facebook is the only means of doing that

Even then the idiots won't get it, but the majority might

But then how would I stalk qt grills

>become the only blown out light bulb on a wall of lights
>they'll never notice

>I literally depend on RMS & friends for the future of humanity.

You don't. Be a decent guy

This is true. They only need a good chunk of people on their system, then they can fill in the rest manually.

I just tell people that ask why I don't have a Facebook profile is that I think that they're an evil company and I much value face to face time rather than be on an anti social platform that promotes narcissism

Well, what the fuck am I supposed to do then??

Hide in plain sight

>uses an apple.
Filthy normie

Obey and submit.

One toke you poor fool, wait till you see the bats.

I only have it because it's useful for searching girls.

Never!

Because getting a job is hard without one. You need a social media account to even function in society. You also need to know what the Kardashians are doing, what happened in the Walking Dead, everyone will see you as a creep if you DON'T express your personal interests online, it's ridiculous.
I still have an account which contains my generic looking baby photo and my name, that's it. It's enough for people to know that I exist online but you won't see me post or like any of the manipulating media you find on there.

>get applicant's resume
>check their social media presence
>baby photo
>throw it in the trash because they're probably going to keep skipping out on work because "muh family, muh kids, muh baby"

Same

I don't have a facebook account and I work at one of the big 4 in tech. No one cares about your facebook kiddo.

I had deleted my facebook account but I rejoined because everyone has facebook and it's currently the best way for young adults to communicate. I hate it so much. I agree with RMS regarding Facebook but the so-called GNU social network isn't going to do it for me.

I just dont care anymore, fuck my privacy. If I really wanted to be "private", I'd move out to the middle of the woods or at least into a cabin on a lake with no internet

iktfb

>GNU social network
Please RMS if you ever see this post make it happen!

Not him, but personally if an employer would throw me just because of a baby photo then I wouldn't want to work for him anyway.

I did. Because I'm tired of getting bans for homophobic posts. Faggots LGBT are disease.

>that isn't your eventual goal

>it is

Because it's the easiest way for my parents to see pictures of my travels.

>I'd move out to the middle of the woods or at least into a cabin on a lake with no internet
My father was the type of guy who was always on track of THE last, he bought all kinds of expensive technology like a 486 or like $10 000.
Now he hates a lot of new technologys and for him, going to the middle of the woods or a cabin on alake with no internet would be a dream come true
And to be honest, I'd love to go to a cabin on a lake with no internet for a long vacation

Enjoy detroit then, nigger

god I want so much a picture of this at night to use as a wallpaper

If you host your own server (you can easily do that with a old pc and linux) you could just host your own email client and file hosting server and then give them a link to your pictures by sending them a email.

I deleted mine and it was basically the last step to becoming a hermit.

I lost touch with all my friends after that.

My psychiatrist even postulated about a month later that I might be high functioning assburgers.

Oddly enough I'm not lonely and I don't miss it.

I'd probably still keep access to the internet if i lived in a place like that, not to procrastinate(shitpost or whatever) but to be able to download books to read or movies(which might be difficult given the internet speeds on rural areas in any part of the world)

>You DO have friends, right?
I deleted mine. Did you too?

I have to use it for work.

Nice meme. It's not 2005 anymore. Employers aren't going to ask for your Myspace account on your application.

i needed to make an account to fuck bitches from Tinder

theres no other way

sorry user

You might get passed over for jobs outside the tech sector. like maybe sales or something. Tech sector should appreciate a well contained or minimized online footprint.

What are you hiding?

I cant delete it, if I log back in it re-activates it

They don't ask they just look you up themselves. They won't hire a guy who has no online presence

Lol in what field, sales? Customer service?

Aaawww, Mama, Can This Really Be the End?

Naw dawg. I tried dat. They kept banning me for being fake account. So now I just don't have one. But they got my face in there anyway. Somebody with a camera phone is always stick you on their facebooks whether you like it or not. That game was lost a long time ago.

Any low end office job or some shitty service job at a chain resturant. Local business don't really give a fuck

bump

Deleted mine a couple months ago. Best decision I've ever made. I do miss gawking at my female friends tits, though.

Exactly this, you don't need an account, you only need to be in the background of someone else's photo and they have your biometrics

Too bad cabin that close to the shore is illegal in my country.

I'd love owning one but I'd need something to do there if I stayed long, other than the obligatory chores and relaxing. Maybe building something.

>Deleted Facebook last year
>tfw you're finally free of normies and the botnet