I'm finally giving "chromium-based" broswers another try and have installed Ungoogled-Chromium

I'm finally giving "chromium-based" broswers another try and have installed Ungoogled-Chromium.

What are some of the best extensions for Chromium/Vivaldi/Brave/Opera? What else do you have installed? Also, which of these 4 browsers do you prefer?

I already have:
- uBlockO
- HTTPS Everywhere

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/releases
github.com/im-tkc/Packet-Guard
twitter.com/AnonBabble

umatrix

Ungoogled-Chromium is shit

>That bottom left icon
M-MAGA?

why?

>umatrix
None of the websites work after installing this. You'll literally waste 3min every time you open some page as you try to enable some JS resource to try to get shit working.

that's Brave.

brave.com/

many ppl prefer it over everything else.

my mistake, next time state in the OP that you're a tech illiterate

you'd have to be real brave to install a fucking chromium fork with built in ads and microtransactions.

fucking hell

you don't have to use them. it also comes with adblocking & anti-trackign built in.

>browser which profits from you seeing ads installs its own adblocker
sounds great

literally 0 reasons to use this bloated piece of shit, I want a browser not a fucking microtransaction shop

>bloated
it's leaner than Chrome

doesn't say much

all of these forks run chromium

Those 2 are pretty much all a beginner would need till you start to add more extension that fit your personal needs. How about Sup Forums X?

I'm using ungoogled chromium now but strongly considering switching due to lack of basic options (like controlling history or what shows up in a new tab, removing the user profile button, etc).

Privacy Badger is another good addon although it's broken currently. Imagus is nice too.

I might switch to firefox but it seems like shit compared to chromium. Vivaldi start up is slow. Not a fan of opera either.

There are no good web browsers.

E M A C S

if you want a decent hackable chromium clone, use qutebrowser (it uses blink engine afair)
else, this

>needing an addon for autoscroll
into the trash they go

I'll check it out, thanks user

Why does so many people on g have to be this retarded and always try.and find the most unusable useless stuff? Mih botnet muh dis and dat, fuck off you retards just want to be special snowflakes

I believe at least half of Sup Forums are 1st year students.

It's harder to use yes, but it can be very worthwhile if you configure it correctly to only block certain things,

it also contains a few extra abilities ublock doesn't have, check the options

Furthermore if you bothered to set your basic rules after the first couple pages, there isn't any real delay.

just use firefox.

Presto Opera was awesome when v.12 was still fresh (from the user perspective, not so sure about devs). Nowadays, however, I don't see any point in using anything save for Chrome. It's shit, but other options are even more shit. Not to mention, Chrome is the main target platform for web-dev nowadays.

betterttv
https everywhere
mafiaafire redirector
new tab redirect
rss feed reader
scriptsafe
tampermonkey + youtube center dev
tiny suspender
uo

I've been using Konqueror since today. I'm floored by it. Everything works perfectly and renders correctly (youtube, twitter, Sup Forums but Sup Forums probably renders on dillo), but it uses about 130 MB of RAM where Firefox was using 500 to a gig.

I am and I changed browsers because the latest version of Firefox kept crashing on me and it was pissing me off. I moved to a much more usable browser.

>tfw I finally gave in and switched from firefox to chrome
>everything is blazing fast even with 20 tabs open
>no idea why I haven't done this before

never felt better to embrace the botnet.

No one here uses 4chanX???? WTF?

>betterttv
don't use twitch
>https everywhere
good stuff
>mafiaafire redirector
I don't trust this. Who knows who pays them to redirect you to some site. Plus they might redirect you to CP or some shit.
>new tab redirect
I use extension for empty tabs. I don't want a thing in them.
>rss feed reader
>scriptsafe
I use something called ScriptBlock (pic related).
by defult: JS is NEVER loaded.
You click the icon and then you can permanently grant JS access to all scripts that the page loads or only specific sites.
how is ScriptSafe different?

>tampermonkey + youtube center dev
I don't have any userscripts...
>tiny suspender
i use Great Suspender. which it better/worse?

Yandex best browser. Thank me later

>Konqueror
Webkit browsers are the best browsers. Always super-fast, render pages perfectly and always use the least amount of resources.

>Yandex best browser
will try

>from firefox to chrome
Don't use Chrome. Use browsers based on Chromium and without Evil Google shit in it.

There's no way to get rid of the annoying flash of pure white every time you switch tabs in chromium

Like what shit? You're already being tracked up the ass by everything else, even your CPU is probably backdoor'd, why not just let google assfuck you as well, at least you get a really usable browser.

Is it necessary to use umatrix if I already have ublock origin? Don't care about tracking , my only concern is sites I visit once running malware scripts and fucking my shit.

Are ublock's block lists good enough that I don't need to have all unvisited sites blacklisted by default?

>Like what shit?
Like binary blobs that listen to your mic all the time. All kinds of other evil shti too.

>You're already being tracked up the ass by everything else,
No I'm not. I know how to block 99% of shit and I use a (paid) VPN.

>even your CPU is probably backdoor'd, why not just let google assfuck you as well, at least you get a really usable browser.
You;re retarded. Just because you're stupid enough to believe that my CPU is somehow backdoored, I should stop all privacy activity???

Your logic is shit, kid (and I sincerely hope you're a kid because if you're over 18, you're just another idiot loser destined to live off the gov dole).

>Yandex browser
>will try
Plox don't.

t. ex-Russian-Telecom-Support-Employee

>Like binary blobs that listen to your mic all the time. All kinds of other evil shti too.
No one cares enough about you to listen to your mic.

>You;re retarded. Just because you're stupid enough to believe that my CPU is somehow backdoored, I should stop all privacy activity???
>he doesn't know about intel management engine

>all this idiocy
Wew, lad.

>implying you'd rather US have your data over Russia

Webkit is deprecated.

>Webkit is deprecated.
your mom's vagina is deprecated

>noob here
how the fuck do you even install it? I can't find the repo or a .deb anywhere

>impyling I care
It's shit, comrade. Russians don't care about our data being monitored by the government, as the government did that since forever and never tried to conceal that.
The reason you shouldn't be using that browser is because it's shit.

I've used it a few times and can also confirm it's shit. Translate function doesn't even work at all and browser feels sluggish in general compared to chromium

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/releases

uBlock-Extra. Complementary extension for uBO.
For privacy, I recommend an extension to manage cookies. I use uMatrix to do that, but there are others that work (such as Packet Guard).
Decentraleyes is supposed to get a new version this year that will support Chromium-based browsers.

Other than that, just enjoy. ungoogled-chromium is the best Chromium you'll find.

hell, I've been looking for a good rpm based repo of ungoogled chromium. I found one for iridium but its an old one and I'm too iliterate to try to make my own and alien is hit or miss.

how do yall get chromecast to work on a non-chrome browser?

>Packet Guard
I can't find this for Chromium.

Also, it's important to note that none of the extensions can manage local html5 databases so if a website stores info there, only way to remove it is to manually remove it. That means that cookie blockers are useless.

but user, firefox after removing NPAPI iss basically rebranded chrome

When will ungoogled support ubuntu 14.04?

>firefox
I don't use Firecuck Mozisjw.

scriptsafe is pretty much the same but it can also disable object, iframe, embed, etc... elements, spoof user agent, protect audio, canvas, webgl and canvas fingerprinting, webrtc/STUN scanning, third party elements set to be invisible (negative z-index, visibility: none, opacity: 0, etc...) and referrer.

I like tinysuspender because it doesn't beg me for donations, but it's just a personal choice. great suspender is probably fine

thanks user! do you use any UI-changing extensions?

opera is bretty nice. would recommend

If you don't use Firefox (coke) or Chrome/ium (pepsi), you're weird, gay and stupid

No I don't think there really are many for chrome. I use a pretty generic dark grey theme. If you mean like stylish or something, I don't use any, but I know there was some controversy recently because one of the big extensions that does that was going to add some serious tracking to it.

You better use Cent Browser or Slimjet.

I wish clover was an internet browser...

Given that he posted an Alex Jones meme, I have to guess he wasn't being serious.

For some reason, sites keep defaulting to Flash instead of HTML5 when I first load them on Chromium, even though it doesn't even have Flash enabled. I just get an error message, and after I refresh the page, it switches to HTML5 and everything plays normally. This has happened with three different Chromium builds. Does anyone have this problem, or knows what could be causing it?

>I cant find this for Chromium.
github.com/im-tkc/Packet-Guard

And most of these extensions handle HTML5's LocalStorage and LSOs too, Packet Guard included.

You can use the static build on 14.04. Its possible to build dynamically in 14.04 but it takes a lot of work, and the process isn't documented.

Did you try a build with no Flash at all?

>Did you try a build with no Flash at all?
Such as?

ungoogled-chromium has no flash.

I use Vivaldi for 2 months now. Best two months of my life.

How I can make these Chromium/Blink based browsers write less and less frequently in the disc?

That's what I'm using. Sites still default to Flash until I refresh.