/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Reflections on the inner machinations of man edition

irc.rizon.net +6667/6697 #ptg

New to /ptg/? Have an enquiry? Consult the guides before asking redundant questions
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
pastebin.com/raw/LQxkS1mU
gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
Or update them yourself if you have a problem with them. Then check Google. If you can't find an adequate answer, ask here.

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.
Remember the following:
>tracker staff are known to browse and post in these threads - think twice before offering to trade, buy or sell invites and accounts here
>the same goes for publicly offering or accepting invites - even if staffers aren't watching, an user may still report you
>around 92% of posters here chat shit - don't make any claims about sites based on "something you read here once" (this especially applies if a poster has a name/trip attached)

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/josiahmorgan11/list/karagarga-featured/
news.nationalpost.com/arts/weekend-post/karagarga-and-the-vulnerability-of-obscure-films
mysteriousobjects.com/karagarga-cultural-capital.html
thesis.bilkent.edu.tr/0006719.pdf
karagarga.in/browse.php?ft=1&sort=&d=&incldead=&country=&year=
youtube.com/watch?v=E37BSMRA7-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this really made me think

FIRST FIR NALA'S SMELLY, SMELLY FEET

Old thread:

first for kg

letterboxd.com/josiahmorgan11/list/karagarga-featured/
news.nationalpost.com/arts/weekend-post/karagarga-and-the-vulnerability-of-obscure-films
mysteriousobjects.com/karagarga-cultural-capital.html
thesis.bilkent.edu.tr/0006719.pdf

Name one (1) site more patrish than KG. Someone even did their master's thesis on it.

>no link to old thread

>News

PTG is still a shitty stinkhole of 40 faggots jerking each other off.

Seventh for missing Ananke, Bourbon, Lenrek, Ajax and TARS

cry more bitch nigga

wtf nala's feet are gross as fuck ewww stop talking about her!!!

ew

/ourgirl/

Nala has qt feet

ill transvestite

prove it!

what a qt

the ugly thing you posted right?

That "thing" is disgusting.

>tfw just got into pth
So this site is basically no better than APL despite all the shilling? Fantastic, thanks for wasting my time, faggots.

get out, D

fuck off xanax staff

too easy

Yep, it's the same old shit, PTG just picked a tracker and memed about it until it became their "reality".

The one you posted is

Let's get /ptg/ banned by posting waifus

Why are tracker wars still a thing. Just join both APL and PTH and shut up about it.

xanax staff identified

because ptg has autism

danny the husbando child

>Competent police force
Although he's an old meme at this point, spaghettio was right about most private trackers being an absolute joke. It really just amazes me it took as long as it did, and that the big movie trackers are still up.

*crinklesnugs*

*crinklepounces on you and crinklesnuggles*

nice

>KG forum search > member list
>female/must have photo
>Page 1 of 8
oo

Where is the freeleech on KG?

check featured torrents

karagarga.in/browse.php?ft=1&sort=&d=&incldead=&country=&year=

Thanks user

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=E37BSMRA7-o

>Jimmy Faggot

Any NotWhat.CD bros in here?

one of the admins (MusicalMind) is the one who manages the thread. does that make it more or less likely that it's being abandoned? if so where would they be moving to? the meme is that "HDB is always recruiting"

Me

It's funny because when I got my invite MM took less than a day to email it.

The truth is out there...

Nice

If only the tracker weren't so dead.
I do like that they have folder naming standards in place.

why don't people realise that 'recruitment' isn't a priority for trackers that are already well established? They do not need new blood at all at this point as users will invite other good users and so on, recruiting new people is just asking for the wrong guy to slip in and fuck everything up.

I think that they are too verbose. IMO it just should be Artist - Album Name.

It being dead right now is a good thing. Starting with just WCD vets means we don't have to go back and fix thousands of fucked up torrents.

sure but that doesn't really matter here, the guy just wanted to get into HDB

>tfw you realize that private trackers are just like the secret treehouse concept that we had as kids.
I just joined PTH and serveral other trackers and honestly it's nothing special. You have to grab the latest shit flacs to gain ratio. Everything older than a week won't get you any ratio at all.

Just upload whatever CDs you have laying around and the auto-downloaders will pick them up. I put up some Mozart compilations, old country CDs and some contemporary Christian and ended up with over 11 ratio.

>You have to grab the latest shit flacs to gain ratio
You really don't have to though. I have never followed those dumb shanenigans people advice, I just share and download.

>this is what cucks who couldn't get into PTH or APL actually believe

bless your heart :')

user browses traps: the post

get cucked fuckboi

>pooNloo tracker
Enjoy your "FLAC"

>spek

>mfw I'm secretly rooting for notwhat

Srsly, I'm on PTH (PU), APL (Elite) and notwhat and only notwhat had the courage to push for quality over quantity. PTH is seedbox circlejerk, APL let in the incompetent hordes...

Feel free to message me on my Sup Forums Gold account once NW hits 500k uploads, then.

It'll be dead in less than a year.

fucking this, apollo has so much better CSS themes too, pth is a meme

t. APL staff

>notwhat allows V2
It'd be cool if it was a flac only tracker, or flac+V0/320, but now it's just an even less popular nostream

>caring about what a website looks like instead of its content

>flac+V0/320
FLAC+Opus is what it should be

That user was already banned and all his uploads were deleted. Catch up Nala.

fuck off with your autistic meme format

Are PTP GP encodes responsible for the move towards bloated file sizes? Never done an SD encode that was 2 GiB before.

source: your ass

my dream is ALAC(or OGG FLAC)+Opus, but too many people are backwards with their technology.

>meme
that's not an argument, kid

you probably have a meme thinkpad instead of a macbook

>being this beta cuck

It's impressive not a single WCD replacement allows Opus

why ALAC?

Nope, just looked up the torrent.

he's an apple cuck

opus is shit

Not him but iTunes/Mac compatibility. AIFF is good too but it's uncompressed.

Opus doesn't support 44.1khz

how is that bad, technically speaking

what is this gay program use ffmpeg like a man

Good container.

Just transcode from FLAC/WAV to ALAC using XLD.

>macfag

CD material is 44.1 khz. You need to do resampling to 48 khz before converting to Opus.

I know, but that doesn't compromise the actual sound.

>around 92% of posters here chat shit

This is a horribly written OP.

Since Opus is already lossy, it doesn't matter. But alias-free digital resampling is far from trivial! (e.g. Gibbs' phenomenon)

sorry, at least I was only off by 8%

>Anonymous (33)

you what

what client are you all using? I've reinstalled my OS and found that windows version of transmission is gone from the sourceforge website

uTorrent 2.2.1 for life.

rtorrent + rutorrent for home
deluge for 1 of my seedboxes

SeedBox or kill yourself

qBit
just werkz

While not trivial and not recommended to do it with other codecs, the guys at Opus have been constantly working on it. It shouldn't be a problem nowadays.

had Transmission, changed to qBittorrent just because I was bored