Kaby Lake Pentiums will now have 4 threads

guru3d.com/news-story/kaby-lake-pentium-processors-get-hyper-threading.html

Intel already gearing up to sacrifice the i3/i5 for upcoming Ryzen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=61ZTJzhz8iI
youtube.com/watch?v=aDML9Gq5kas
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4Pw5guGU8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Lake
semiaccurate.com/2016/12/28/coffee-lake-says-dire-things-intels-10nm-problems/
pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/ubiq/1010830.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

explain yourself mister

By giving Pentiums hyperthreading they are effectively moving their entire lineup one slot down.

Expect i3s with 4 cores and i5s with hyperthreading by the end of this year, mark my words.

THANK YOU BASED AMD

Thanks mister.

theres already an i3 getting hyperthreading

what would be the point of i7?

>theres already an i3 getting hyperthreading
wot

Cool maybe I can get a mainstream 8 core when I upgrade in 2020.

They are nervous.

i3's have HT for awhile now

6-10 cores, obviously

Kaby Lake Pentiums are now gimped i7's.

Previous-gen Pentiums were gimped i5's and i3's.

Thanks mam

wot?
Pentiums are always two cores, so in no way is it like an i7. Pentiums have nothing in common with an i5 either, enough to be brought into the discussion. The only thing being gimped is you.
But seriously, desktops i7 should be six core, i5 should have HT, i3 can die in a fire(or be xeon only), and the pentium should take it's place. Better branding.

But I only see one thread in the catalogue. Explain yourself.

Threads are not cores.

It would still lack AVX, though.

Yes, thank you for that. What does that have to do with anything?

Then i5 would probably be running with 6 cores

Is this like an alternative reality thread? i3's have had hyper threading since Clarksdale, i.e. forever

In his post he stated expect 4 core i3s and i5 with 4 cores and hyperthread, then you said i3s have had hyperthreading. his post has to do with everything.

I wonder why

No.
I am responding to the following idiots: Who believe current i3's have no hyperthreading.

Here's a KabyLake Pentium G4560 running various games at 1080p
idk the settings it's running them at since it's all in chinese

Overwatch
youtube.com/watch?v=61ZTJzhz8iI
GTA 5
youtube.com/watch?v=aDML9Gq5kas
BF1
youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4Pw5guGU8

Great I'm building a mini PC now

My Ivy Bridge i3 has HT. What you talking about?

...and Coffee Lake is getting 6 cores on mainstream next year. Zen have really pressured Intel to stop stagnating.

so when pentium 5 will work at 5 GHz?

>end of this year

You mean Skylake-X? Extreme edition ones? Mainstream i7 hexacore will be implemented at Coffeelake or Cannonlake..or Icelake? Damn Intel why so many releases!

Not end of this year, but some time next year. That would be Coffee Lake which is before Cannonlake.

Coffeelake? That is a thing?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Lake
>Wikipedia citing WTFTECH as a source
Can I get a credible non-rumour source? Google only shows "maybe" and "rumoured" from around the world.

Will I need to upgrade my 2500k by then?

Does that mean I can finally game on a pentium box? nice

What's the main difference between Pentiums and i3s now?

My glorious Pentium 4 has hyperthreading.

Coffee lake is confirmed by reputable sources a long time ago.
semiaccurate.com/2016/12/28/coffee-lake-says-dire-things-intels-10nm-problems/
pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/ubiq/1010830.html

Higher clock speed, larger cache.

Well I just got a skylake i3 I guess I'll return it and get the new pentium.

The i3, i5 and i7 branding will stay, they'll just bump number of cores and threads. Pentiums will become 2c 4t, i3 are going to have 4c 4t (they'll pretty much become i5), i5 are going to have 4c 8t and entry level i7 are going to have 6/8c with 12/16t. High end i7 are probably going to have 10/12 cores and 20/22 threads.

so pentium is the new i3, i3 is the new i5, i5 ... and the new i7 is just a waste of money

he means they are leveling up. the pentiums are nearly i3 performance now and they are gonna increase the performance in i3 and i5 in the next release too

>hyperthreading
Literally cancer and adds tons of delay

No, Pentiums will straddle the line between 2c/2t and 2c/4t but with 3MB of L3$. i3s will be 2c/4t with 3MB or 4MB of L3$ and higher clocks. i5s and i7s are going to stay the same. They offer much more performance than anything AMD can conjure up thanks to their massively higher clock frequencies.

If that's the case Zen is DOA.

> i5s and i7s are going to stay the same
Coffee lake will bring 6 cores to mainsteam i7s. No word how intel will position i5s and i3s

Zen is the reason for Intel doing these changes. Intel traditionally doesn't lower prices but they give more performance for the same price.

Zen isn't even released and intel is on the defense and giving their slaves better shit they didn't get since 5 years

>No word how intel will position i5s and i3s
Why the fuck would intel change what they already have? An i3-7100 runs circles around the A12-9800 and will go head-to-head with any Zen APU on the horizon. Pentiums will do the same to A10s and so on. i5-6500s can beat even the full 8-core Ryzen in most games by a handful of frames. Intel need not change their pricing at all.

i3 and i5s will be competing against high clocked +4.0GHz 4c/8t Zens, enough reason to add hyperthreading to i5.

No they won't. The cheapest Ryzen will not go under $250, so the i5s are safe from competition. Plus, it's already been shown that an i5-6500 has nothing to worry about even from an eight-core Ryzen.

Chink OEM leaks priced 4c/8t Zen at $150 mark. If it instead priced at 250, sure you would be right.

Don't believe those chink leaks. They've been outright denied by the manufactures instead of being obfuscated.

proff

Nope :^)

>tfw amd isn't even president yet and I'm already tired of winning
No we just need all the binary blobs removed

Slightly higher clock speed (between 400 and 500 MHz, when comparing between Kaby Lakes), higher cache (when comparing against Core i3s that aren't Core i3-7100), AVX2 instructions, better iGPU (when comparing against Pentium G4560).

Yup, $75 for an intel 4 thread CPU at 3.5ghz or more

It's also why intel is going to release an overclocking i3

>Pentiums with HT
>i3's now overclockable

What else?

Will they give HT to the celeron lineup?

>GTA V
>80 FPS
bullshit
looks jittery as fuck

The FPS is correct and averaged over a time period of like 500ms. That's jitter normal for hard CPU bottleneck. Like if your CPU is really tapped out completely, you get those jitters. Frame rate can be high, but frame time recording for each presentation will show the horrible variance between frame times. You will not see the jitters in frame rate because that's averaged. Unless you update it for every single frame, which you'd normally not do.

>Expect i3s with 4 cores and i5s with hyperthreading by the end of this year, mark my words.

Yet still not unlocked.

Actually, you know what, you still couldn't see them in the frame rate even if you did update every single frame since you'd need to average a few previous anyway so it wouldn't quite show the real picture.

Only recording frame time will show the jitters. Assuming it's not a video encoding problem, but it probably isn't because I used to get shit like this when I was heavily CPU bottlenecked.

and why people want amd to die again?

People don't want AMD to die, they are just butthurt that AMD hasn't released anything that doesn't suck dick in a very long time.

They are about to release something that does not suck dick.

That's what they said about Bulldozer. So pardon a little bit of cynicism.

Bulldozer was not made by certified shitwrecker. K7 and K8 were and they demolished Intel.

Amd has never demolished Intel. They had an advantage at several periods in the past, and better arch during p4 era, but never was it so bad in amds favor as it is today in intels favor

I mean I believe they have a competitive product in the works, but I'm not gonna waste any energy on caring until it is in the hands of reviewers.

>pentiums are always two cores
>except for all of the single core pentiums that exist
nice one you fucking idiot

It was already reviewed, A0 sample showed IPC parity with Broadwell-E. Now it also has higher clocks.