What actual advantages does DDR4 have over DDR3 for desktops? Why are the timings such shit...

What actual advantages does DDR4 have over DDR3 for desktops? Why are the timings such shit? DDR3 is available in many of the same speeds much faster than crappy 16-18-18-38 (literally wtf) timing. The only thing I keep hearing is "higher speeds," but all the speeds faster than DDR3 are OC. No thanks, I don't want to burn up my expensive RAM like a faggot.

I can see using the stuff in laptops cause of lower power consumption, but what actually necessitated the new standard other than extracting more shekels out of goyim?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row_hammer#Mitigation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I don't know how latency vs bandwidth works: The post

Are you saying DDR3 2666 @ 11 is slower than DDR4 2666 @ 15? Please explain.

So you are saying we should stay with ddr3 until the end of time?

I'm saying we should stay with it until a new standard is necessitated, which it wasn't. There haven't been any realizable advantages to it.

DDR4 will eventually take over as all ram manufacturing moves towards the new standard. DDR4 vs DDR3 same bandwidth, DDR3 will win because of tighter timings. DDR4 will shine much later when it's bandwidth is unleashed.

You both are short sighted stupid fucks who can only spout meme garbage.

How is Ms. Skelly not dead yet?

Excellent argument, faggot.

Maybe if she wasn't forced to buy more expensive but slower DDR4 by Intel and mobo companies she could afford more food.

It's the same price, faglord

Sauce?

I thought everyone on the internet has seen her vagina by now.

>being this new
>not using the built in image search button

wew lad

>I live under a rock

DDR4 4266mhz CAS 19-19-19-39 timings is available now.
3400mhz and 3600mhz kits with CAS14/16 timings have been available for a very long time now.
DDR3 cannot compete, not even remotely close.

We should stay in ddr2 tbqh senpai 2-3-3-15 1066MHz :^)

S T I C C

Yes, when clock speeds were 4x slower

I heard she was dead

I lel'd

lel

In lower resolution.

Thank Mrs skeltal

tfw ddr2

What the fuck?

Does anyone else find her strangely attractive?

power consumption is the main factor i guess.

cutting the volt from 1.5 down to ddr4L which uses around 1v is a dramatic change.

speed wise ram is a meme, anything above 2400 now is overkill.

She doesn't look that unhealthy, she's active too.

This, power consumption is the biggest improvement over DDR3.

Since those few Watts are not making a difference in a desktop it's not worth it to rush upgrading.

exactly, but in laptops, small pcs etc it matters a whole deal if you can cut power by 33%

I have nothing against DDR4 but the PC should have stayed at DDR3 since DDR4 is being used to mobile devices. After the Samsung Note fiasco, DRAM prices surged and affected the DDR4 RAM too. Thus we have expensive RAM at this very moment.

She's an ugly cunt and needs to go away and take all the people on the opposite end of the spectrum with her; those fat idiots that think they're beautiful >>/out/

As for RAM, I don't think it matters at the moment unless you want to upgrade to a chipset that doesn't support DDR3 - but I dare say DDR4 won't become super relevant for another couple years. As for it's use in Servers, though, I haven't read enough to compare DDR3 vs DDR4 in that sort of environment.

Get over it

>implying ram consumes alot of energy
enjoy your 20 seconds extra of energy in your laptop

>you fell for the Double Data Rate 4th Generation meme

What i read out of this is that performance is the same across the board with a 1% margin of error maybe, and that DDR4 performed worse than DDR3

>20 more fps on average in 4k maxed out settings
>lower power consumption
>cheaper
>higher clock speeds
>higher bandwidth
>lower ping

>ramlets will still defend ddr3

DDR4 is hardened to rowhammer DoS attacks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row_hammer#Mitigation

Every manufacturer in existence has claimed their new hardware is hardened against rowhammer since it was first described and most of them have been wrong.

thanks i just lost my job you Sup Forums cunt

thanks just got promoted

Why is it so hot to think that she gets off on accidentally letting thousands of people see her privates?

>accidentally

My thoughts exactly

Delete this thread op, you're making a fool of yourself.

Dude, that's stretching the definition of healthy.

That's part of the appeal.
She's too embarassed to admit she is turned on by people looking at her vagina so she tries to make it look like an accident.

Is she really anorexic or is it some other issue?

I'd fucking stretch it.

Probably just adolescence.

>She doesn't look that unhealthy
are you retarded she is obviously anorexic. Equivalent of saying a morbidly obese woman with nice hair and skin looks healthy.

You are both retarded she is clearly anorexic. You only get that skinny by not eating.

She probably belongs in a hospital but they let her out when she threatened to put more eyeliner in her eyeballs

>dat chart

Wow that sucks

Of course. It's the only reason I've still got this fucking thread open. Sauce and shit

Her name is ms skeltal

Anzu is better.

Papa already put her in a clinic cause she started going overboard with the anorexia though, she used to be fat so it's kinda understandable

Yep.

oh god yes

What?

Anzu is a whore and a double slut.

proof?

Explain

>turkroaches
>better
She needs to die.

Don't bully Anzu.