How long does your battery on laptop last?

>How long does your battery on laptop last?
>What model?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EQ5qzg4xZiQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know. I haven't left my house in months.

>this triggers the pajeet

Laptop 1
>3 hours
>Macbook Pro 15" late-2013

Laptop 2
>Between 8-11+ Hours
>Macbook Pro 15" late-2016

X220 with one MSATA 30gb and one SSD 64gb on a 9 cell battery with over 300 cycles. Tested playing a 720p video on a loop at low brightness and sound on headphones.

Windows 7- 8hours and 15minutes
Windows 10- 6hours and 15minutes
Linux-Didn't test on linux

T420 lasts about 1 hour

1 hour? terrible

>About 7 hours
>Thinkpad T520

mid 2014 mbp - 7.5 hrs

I have some generic HP 15.6" with an A10-9600p. Battery life is erratic, mostly I get 5-6 hours on it but it seems to know when I am working with urgency because those days I only get an hour and a half

Yeah I probably need to replace the battery.
I bought it used and it always seemed to be pretty low life.

300 cycles wew lad
whats the wear level
im still at like 81 cycles

HP Pavilion from the early 2000's. Battery life is about 3-5 seconds on a full charge. Doesn't really matter what you're doing on it.

I had one and had similar experience. Felt like mine wouldn't last more than 45 minutes. It was heavy like a brick and felt like I could beat, drop and stomp on it and it'd still work.

no bully!

3-4 hours depending on if I remember to turn off Bluetooth and turn the brightness down, both of which Mint feels should be on and full blast.

Got an HP ProBook someone threw away at work and all it needed was a new hard drive.

>thinkpad w500

>2 or 3 hours

Absolute fucking tank of a laptop but I always have to bring the charger with me. Acceptable tradeoff I guess, given I'm always within range of a power outlet anyhow.

I'm going to buy a 28+/++ slice battery

Thinkpad X201
128GB SSD
9-cell battery, about 50 cycles, 95% original capacity
Lots of BIOS tweaks (eg disabling webcam, modem, changing Intel power modes, etc)
Linux + TLP
< 50% brightness (the screen is bright as shit, 25% is more than enough for most places I'm in)
Web browsing (firefox) on wifi, writing/rendering to PDF in LaTeX, and other generally pretty lightweight stuff
12 hours 100-0%
Can get to 14 hours if I go TTY only. Unfortunately, I try to keep battery between 40 and 80% to keep long-term battery life better, so I only get about 4-6 hours in real-world usage, unless I go below or above my margins for a long day.

10+ hours pixel chromebook 2

>windows 3-5h
>apple 3-6h
>chromebook 6-10+h hours

its just not powerful enough anymore.
Not only that they are like generations behind. not just in performance but also in connectivity. We are talking about going from a 45nn lithography to 22nm and lower

Would definitely recommend, I have a docking station instead an extended battery and would probably trade if given the opportunity.

too expensive
you can have both

Honestly, I have a desktop to use for more demanding tasks. I just need this computer for web browsing, note taking, programming work, and paper writing. Basic bitch college stuff.

I'm gonna try running a VM on it, because classes are demanding I use Windows, and it's just too much of a hassle dual booting. I'll see how that goes. Probably not well, so you're partially right, it isn't quite enough for everything, but it's got most of what I need.

3 - 9 hours
Surface Pro 3 i5. Depends on what I am doing on it.

>x220
>9 cell
>10~11 hours of non stop shitposting and web surfing

w530 has nvidia card and supports IOMMU so you can pass it through to your windows VM

1. no linux
2. not much good at anything
3. awkward lap typing with kickstand and shit

>W530
I have an x201, nigga, follow the reply chain.

small screens are annoying to do multiple things with

10 hours on Asus e200ha 4GB at low brightness with Foobar and headphones and about 10 chrome tabs. Mind you I debloated W10. Also get 10 while watching a movie. 13 hours at low brights while 1 chrome tab that's mostly text like reading on Wikipedia. Low power and long usability for $220.00 grand total. 9/10 lappy.

Inb4
>Sub 720p res
>~12 inches
>Paper-weight
>Plastic fantastic
>Non-matte display

But has multitouch pad, good viewing angles, OK keyboard, cherry supports Ubuntu but no sound or FN keys and OK speakers but great audio separation.

WHAT NFL TEAM DOES WATSON GO TO?

how did you debloat it? you followed a guide? or just "disabled" the telemetry?

>Sager NP8678-S
Like an hour and a half or less
>Lenovo Thinkpad T420
11 hours
>Lenovo X1 Carbon
6 hours

T420 is dated. sad but true
X1 carbon has soldered ram

>6-9h
>noportsBook 2015, brightness in the middle, medium workload (30+ tabs, iTunes, office documents, shitposting)

I copped one of those first model macs.
Jokes on me the battery was already dead and has no charge.

The guide on installgentoo and some other ones for Windows 7 that also apply to 10. Most disabled services and Cortana and any function I didn't have a use for and background services and of course telemetry, I hope it worked and actually disabled telemetry and not just showed me what I wanted to see.

Elitebook 8460p with OEM battery, 4-6 hours depending on usage case.

Teach me senpai, I just got an x201

thanks

> I hope it worked and actually disabled telemetry and not just showed me what I wanted to see.
I don't think so. I think it only works for the majority of the telemetry that's being done. I'm pretty sure that there's still some data being occasionally sent and also the OS itself may be full of built-in exploits or unintentional 0-days that are known by governments.

has anyone taken the time to analyze the network activity of a fresh, fully updated win10 installation during idle?

turn your led brightness down to 1%

I already do that.

Toshiba Satellite from 2013 or 2014

I think at least 6 or 7 hours, but I have at least 20 tabs open.

Lenovo: Almost five hours, two and a half with wi-fi on.
ASUS: Two hours and thirty minutes.
Toshiba: Same as asus.

ASUS Celeron notebook M200x (Linux)
Lenovo Thinkpad X220 Tablet Convertible (windows 10 and Linux)
Toshiba M40x, debian linux.

I disabled everything the guide said before I connected to the Internet but I watched this video before and you can use this software to monitor the network.
youtu.be/EQ5qzg4xZiQ

>this kills the pajeet

5++ hours on X230 with new 9 cell

MacBook Air. Usually 10-12 hours so I get through a week of casual use no problem. Cuts down to about 2-3 if I start pushing it with some TF2 (which I play a lot on the go)

tsk tsk tsk
kiddo

3.5 hours with Lagfox + Music
6 hours idle, without lowering brightness

1 year old 6-cell Li-ion battery

Going to need more pics of girls on toilet or pissing themselves. Literally boner fuel.

Panasonic CF-19 with HDD

3:30h web browsing with everything turned on (wwan, gps etc...)

Pretty disappointing. Had Asus EEE single core atom that could do 7 hours no problem.

look up 'LoveRachelle2'
:^

Some c2d hp laptop. Battery lasts about 5 seconds.

>Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14
>Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
>~3 hours of light web browsing and anime-watching

3.5 hours

T420 w/ i7, SSD, original battery from the day I bought it, and running Fedora.

SSD gave me an extra hour desu

10 hours in windows, 6-7 in ubuntu.
cheap dell vostro

So did you fap?

what do her farts smell like?

>implying her videos aren't great
I don't know but you can buy her poop

2010 Macbook Air lasts for about an hour max, ususlly less, battery needs to be replaced ASAP

>an hour
my tablet lasts at least 4 even when watching online video

Depends what I'm doing. If I'm just browsing the internet it lasts like 4-6 hours, if I'm watching a movie or streaming something it goes down to like 3

Dell Inspiron 7559

XPS13 2016 model. Ubuntu Gnome. Normally just have emacs, netbeans, pdfs and cmus going. I get around 9-11 hours. Gaming or vids half it. Trying to keep it around 4-6w.

>about seven to eight hours with light browsing and general office work, probably ten if i use powersaving mode all the time
>has matte screen, which is why screenbrightness can be turned down dramatically, but shit build quality and
>Asus zenbook UX305F

Fresh 9-cell
BIOS Settings: every CPU option to "maximum battery." Turn off as much shit as you can (eg webcam, fingerprint reader). Use a lightweight Linux distro and install TLP. Keep your brightness below 50%. Use Firefox, not Chrome, and use Ublock Origin with it. That's pretty much everything, really.

Little over 26 hours on wifi browsing. T62 with custom 18 cell.

get job
stop living off of parents
faggot

12 inch MacBook

Turned it on this morning and battery was at 100%

Have been browsing the internet on it, watching videos and reading document for about 5 hours now

Battery % is 60

Starbucks wants you to leave please do so

Not while I keep topping up my grande mocha :')

dont you mean your large grande mocha

Alienware 13. Lasts about 3 hours if not gaming

About 3-4 hours on my t420s. Will getting an ssd improve the battery life?

x260 with 72wh battery

>17 hours

12 hours :^)

2014 13" Macbook Air
6-8 hours

Tfw they won't add a dedicated GPU to the x line

>DX12
Yeah, Deus Ex MD is pretty dope on DX12
>Vulkan
Yeah, Doom on Vulkan is pretty dope
>ASYNC
Yeah, FreeSync monitors are pretty dope and a-sync is the future

pic failed to trigger

asus n56 2 hours max Smart battery says now only can hold 28w so half battery from 56whr, MacBook 2013 6 hour.

god damn asus why battery degrade so fucking quick.

2 hours is good, my Asus x550 lasts about an hour and it's a little more than a year old.

>3hours maximum

I can't wait for my new laptop to arrive.

>18-cell
I demand pictures of this monstrosity

T420 2520m 8Gbs RAM, 320GB HDD with the 1600x900 panel. Running Linux Mint I get about 6-8 hours of usage. If I'm on the internet the whole time it cuts it down to about 4 hours.

Soon I'll get an msata SSD and dual boot Win7 and Mint, I imagine my battery usage with Windows will be half of what I'm getting now.

Custom t430s, 1600x900 screen, 128gb ssd, win10
probably 4-5 hours of battery life surfing the internet, 2 playing CK2 or something

HP Probook 450 G3,

Windows 10 - 3:20 hours
Linux: 6:10 hours

Tested while playing Touhou.

When he went for the stab she teleported behind him