Let's be honest here

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O0_dN8wn74k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Mac OS is like baby's first OS.

It's good for tech retards who are so stupid they will break anything if they so much as touch it.

thistbqhwyfamalam

>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence

It's pretty

kek

the world runs on a Mac

You know that people makes a lot of money developing for iOS/MacOS/WatchOS/tvOS right? Then you should know that you can only develop for iOS on MacOS.

Also, many professional video editors use Final Cut Pro, only available on MacOS.

Also, many professional audio editors use Logip Pro, only available on MacOS.

MacOS is the best OS if you're not a gaymer.

Unironically shilling for Microsoft 20 years after the windows/macOS has died

>t. mactoddler

Mac is literally a thing in itself. It's great if you use it for Apple stuff. Were Apple to disappear nothing would be affected.

Quick reminder the majority of the world's phones by far run Android.

This by a metric fuckload.

the only reason to not use apple is if you are poor. Everyone of intelligence, wealth and import uses apple products.

>t. mactoddler

THIS.

My cousin got a MacBook Air for Christmas. Her father (the one who bought it for her) wanted for me to help her secure it a bit, since I removed all the viruses and shit from his MacBook, and she agreed.

She didn't let me fuck with anything whatsoever.

Wanted to move the dock to the side and automatically hide it so it doesn't take a fuckload of space? NOPE. She slapped my hands out of the way when I was in the window trying to change it.

Wanted to install Firefox and uBlock and other basic shit? NOPE.

Wanted to install an antivirus (Malwarebytes - I put it on her dad's computer. Shit was so cash) because she's too retarded to trust and she would inevitably eventually fuck it up? NOPE.

The reason for all of this? She didn't want to mess with it.

I told her that she wasn't, and that I was, and that I knew what I was doing, to which she replied something else, blah, blah blah, blah blah.

The only help I was to her was for putting her photos and shit from her iPhone to it, and teaching her how to make folders and double-click and scroll using two fingers.

She said it was her first computer, by the way.

>ITT people who have never tried Mac OS

Mac hardware is anywhere from mediocre to shit, but Mac OS is amazing. If you can't afford/don't want an actual Mac, there's no excuse not to hackintosh, considering Mac OS runs on nearly any Intel x86 hardware. I highly recommend a T420 for hackintoshing.

>t. mactoddler

>since I removed all the viruses
Name one.
Or was he running Windows in a VM?

and it will continue running on Macs

>organic water
>organic
Literally piss.

>Developers choose not to release applications for other OSes.
>This is an achievement of MacOS

sure

Countless "make your computer faster!" and "remove viruses on your computer!" viruses or "viruses".

And no, he wasn't.

I have. It's so fucking terrible.

Trump has already said that you don't put any important data on computers because they are inherently insecure. He wouldn't use one for anything important while in office.
Probably just uses it to follow his daughter on Facebook.

You tried to make her computer worse, in ways you weren't asked. Dock on the side is personal preference and the reason it's on by default is so new users can find it, once she's used to it she can set it to hide or move it. You are bad at familial tech support.

Also Firefox is some hacky non-native shitshow on macOS, and all antivirus software is bad.

Just can just imagine it, scrolling through her pictures on Instagram. Then *sigh*, *zip*. That poor guy, if he wasn't her father he'd be dating her.

If it's her first computer, she's not going to change the position of the dock, she's going to get used to an inferior setup.

Maybe I am bad at familial tech support. I don't care. It became objectively less shit than how it was when I started, and it's not like I'm getting paid for it.

> Also Firefox is some hacky non-native shitshow on macOS
OS X. And what do you mean by this?

Better than Safari.

> , and all antivirus software is bad.
It isn't if you're tech illiterate and can't into Common Sense v1.0.

> It became objectively less shit than how it was when I started, and it's not like I'm getting paid for it.
By this I meant her father's.

He also had the dock at the bottom, and not hidden, and he's been using that shit for years. You know what he said to me after I moved it to the left and made it hide automatically? It was something along the lines of

> I was worried when I didn't see the dock at the bottom, but I found it at the side. I'll get used to it.

Fucking easy. Same shit happened to me when going from XFCE to GNOME, and that was more drastic.

If there's something to be learned from most of these threads, is that some people are actual ideologues. By one side you have people who worship the system and its inner workings, dismissing any problems that might come with it, and on the other side you have people who went into it with this whole anti-apple mentality where everything they do is -supposed- to be bad. To the point they can't really get to learn anything on how it works because "it'd be a waste of time to learn how to use an OS that is made by Apple, this system for tech illiterates is too overcomplicated to use"

Nah, rich fags buy macs because they want a "luxury" laptop, which looks good.

They don't have the slightest idea about performance, connectivity, they just tell some subordinate they need a laptop that looks good and can browse the web.

The latter isn't wrong...

No. You've just got refuted.

Well you see, the holocaust didn't happen either, but thank god that it did.

OSX was great but they're ruining it every day more and more and I hate it

OS9
>fuck yeah

Tiger
FUCK YEAH

Snow Leopard
>FUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAH

then something happened everything went to trash

dunno man im a tech wizard and i run os x

You pay Apple tax to use MacOS running on weak throttled hardware which is often soldered and costs a fortune to be replaced.

Linux can look like any OS and you get to choose your hardware mix with complete control.

The only Macs I think are """ok""" are the Minis, the price is cheap enough for what it is.
I wouldn't mind owning one actually.

Anyways it's true, if OS X stopped existing nobody would care except the average white starbucks user.

why do all tech companies (google, facebook, etc) furnish their staff with macs then?

osx is called macos now

Apple gimped the minis too.
2012 Mini is actually _better_ than the 2014 model

Idiot proof because most normies don't know shit about computing basics even after graduating from university.

My uni the CS majors in their final year learned about Ubuntu in VM and how they can run gcc to compile their code. Most of them had no idea how to install Ubuntu so I had to show them.

Only guys doing networking and sysadmin qualifications were exposed to Redhat and Fedora to manage routers and clients.

Best time to be alive.

So it can look like macOS? Where's the notification bar? I don't see spotlight. What about mission control? Where's that?

Can I see the column view on your file manager? Can you close that one window without closing the program? Can I do a 4 finger swipe to the left and right to switch between desktops? What about a 5 finger tap to switch my program from one monitor to another? Can I have it so if I copy music files to a specific folder, they automatically get organized into a library without having to create all those artist/album folders manually?

I mean, you said I had complete control.

Shit. How so user? I know they did the same with there laptops by going with that shit Intel CPU.

How is any of that relevant to work and desktop use? You just nitpicked a few proprietary design features of MacOS. By control I mean over your system and what it does behind the scenes such as Telemetry. Try installing non-Apple hardware on your Mac, it will not work.

Spotlight and few other OSX features are in full transformation pack, I just installed the gtk theme and icons.

>unironically says malwarebytes is "SO CASH"

Jesus, what are you even doing?

Linux cannot blatantly copy features from Windows and MacOS, there are patents, they can sue. The same way you cannot port DirectX to Linux and have to run it through Wine.

who the fuck cares about a theme pack when you don't have the functionality of the os?
also
>try installing non Apple hardware on your mac
I have two non apple printers, one non apple tablet, and one non apple scanner installed. to steam audio from macbook I use a non apple stereo. what are you talking about?

there are several videos about the subject.
Just google it, you'll find articles and comparisons about the subject. Particularly how you can't upgrade shit on the 2014 model.

youtube.com/watch?v=O0_dN8wn74k

>How is any of that relevant to work and desktop use?

How is it not? I find it pretty convenient to use the trackpad that way on a daily basis for instance. Or not have to worry about closing a program entirely because I pressed on that big red X and it didn't support what I said.

>You just nitpicked a few proprietary design features of MacOS.

Yes I did, because I use them frequently. I see constant claims over "you can do any of that on linux, you can just make it look the same, you have all the control you need over it" but it all bogs down to "do it yourself" because there's always the same problem of availability.

>By control I mean over your system and what it does behind the scenes such as Telemetry.
You use an internet connection. You already lost enough control over what you do in your personal computer.

>Try installing non-Apple hardware on your Mac, it will not work.
On an old mac pro you could just pop in a new GPU after reflashing it, not made by Apple. Besides, aren't we talking about macOS here? You do know that hackintosh works with a fuckton of hardware that's supposedly "not possible to use because it's not apple" on it, right? Like a random cheap $600 build with an intel processor maybe?

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I don't use Linux. I want certain features, I use certain OS. it's too bad about these patents, I'm not going to lie.

>organic water
As opppsed to artificial water?

He is tech illiterate and uses his phone to shitpost on twitter at ungodly hours. He is a buffoon.

Ivanka had had heavy plastic surgery.

>Not liking presidential shitposts at 3am.

Stay mad

>ungodly
>/r/christianity

Honestly, only people who would suffer would be those hipster reporters/journalists that make toilet grade magazines like Polka Dot,Vouge,How to gentrify your block without being stabbed,Organic Foods,How to stay fresh,original and 1000 ways of growing a smooth beard & moustache,Chink-Nignog-Jewb-Weekly.
I wouldnt mind one bit if the would accidentaly an whole Mac culture.

I was always an PC guy, but i got iMac laptp(didnt asked for it),this was some ~15-20 years ago, laptop was in some gay orange and slightly translucent. I borrow it to my "friend" and I never asked for it
First thing i noticed was one fucking button on mouse, i didnt even turned on the god damn thing and I knew
this is total piece of shit(deeper,foundational logic behind its design was flawed and half illiterate techfag will notice it in a second), lets fuck up productivity by 50% just to be different aka.cool.

Just that one button on the mouse showed me whole logic behind Apple "products"=we will make it as we like it" and its up to you to get used to waste time on "problems" that were solved 30 years ago.
Different=Special=????=IT Short Bus

Wallpaper?

I know you hate macs but damn nigga you're making yourself look mad autistic

I suppose it's water with mold in it.

>hillshill
God Trump winning is so fantastic

Let the liberal butthurt flow for the next four years, please. I love how mad these faggots are.

Why help the dumb bitch in the first place. Let her do that shit.

>tfw to smart to argue with mac haters

That fucking sucks. Don't they also use a dual-core i5 for the lower end model?

>Then you should know that you can only develop for iOS on MacOS.
an arbitrary limitation, being locked into an ecosystem isn't something you should be praising
>Also, many professional video editors use Final Cut Pro, only available on MacOS.
no one uses final cut, not even apple anymore. It had it's purpose 10 years ago but development and general use has died down significantly
>Also, many professional audio editors use Logip Pro, only available on MacOS.
just because some do doesn't make it a good solution. A proper linux JaCK setup with a realtime kernel beats that anyday

>MacOS is the best OS if you're not a gaymer.
the only decent part about osx was that apple optimized battery life quite well for it's hardware, shame they dont do that anymore when even shit tier PC oems can outdo them on battery

>apple optimized battery life quite well for it's hardware
tech illiterate redditor spotted

>apple optimized battery life
lmao

that hub looks pretty clean do, i prefer a larger cable and hide it behind the monitor than having all the cables on my desk, Not including a mini sd slot thats still a big fail

What about sugar on a stick?

Is that why people in the mac community who have basic shell skills change it with a *nix desktop?

>Linux can look like any OS and you get to choose your hardware mix with complete control.
Looks != Behavior.

Problem with Linux is that it's lacking tons of things that MacOS X has. It's like putting veneer on a heap of shit underneath.

If you took a guide for OSX and tried to use the same behaviors on Linux, you'd fail miserably because Linux can't do 1/3 of things.

yeah but macfags don't care about functionality

otherwise they wouldn't be using mac os, lol

if they had fucking backwards compatibility there would be lots of reasons, but they had to trim down their operating system like crazy and change up their processors twice (three times if you count the Apple II line) because they had no fucking foresight
I can get thinking the 68k line would last, a lot of people did, but jumping an IBM CPU bandwagon in the fucking 90s? what were they smoking?

>Everyone of intelligence, wealth and import uses apple products.

You are neither intelligent, wealthy or of importance. So again, why use a Mac then?

he's talking about expansion cards and whatever memory you want

>>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
Sup Forums server

B T F O
T
F
O

>B
>T
>F
>O

lol I would have slapped your shit away too, she has good instincts. and her first computer no less

All those programs would have required her to "mess with it". even after you set it up

Don't help people who don't want to be helped.

Savage.

>Professional content creators use windows
WRONG

But Applel said so themselves.

>implying Apple's hardware hasn't been x86 for over 10 years now

Interview with people

>Windows
Windows have a lot of programs that I need to use. Also, Windows is very good for games.
>Linux
Linux is everything I need, it is most easy than Windows and it has a quality very superior to Windows. Unfortunely, some programs just don't work, and I need using Windows but there is no problem. The same with some games.
>Mac
Computers is very good

kek

bump

fugg

> install Firefox and uBlock
> move dock from bottom to left and make it hide
> install MalwareBytes just in case
???