He doesn't use copper foam to cool his computer

>He doesn't use copper foam to cool his computer.

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/msi_stirling_cooling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not just gluing a beaker full of liquid nitrogen to your CPU

>he doesnt use electricity to cool his cpu

full pleb

>He doesn't use cum to cool his CPU

>he doesn't call upon the frost giants of the old age to rise up and cool his computer

@OP
>He doesn't use fire to fight fire
i shiggy diggy

>He doesn't make compiler optimizations on ARM architecture to use less instructions to perform the same task to cool him computer.

ok, serious question, is there a good reason why we don't have a solid copper base that mounts to the top, an aluminum housing around it and a aluminium sponge like structure inside that we blow air through?

add in a slot for a dust filter and you could hot clean the thing.

seems like it could work

in theory its a great idea but would never be functional due to physics n' shit
for now copper foam remains in meme purgatory waiting for a big scene in 20+ years

Metal sponges are actually shit at being cooled with air, worse than traditional heatsinks. Actually, any cooling relying on flow to carry away heat is shit with sponges.
They are only really useful for extreme overclocking niche applications, when you just have a reservoir of liquid nitrogen without flow directly your cpu

what is copper foam not a material we figured out how to mass produce yet?

now i'm imagining a copper base, and acrylic tube that has been manufactured to be tight, with an inlet the the bottom and an outlet at the top so the water comes in hits the side, circles around it/through it then out the top though pressure.

It's shit because you get shit airflow. You'd be better off engineering a structure that maximizes surface area to air flow, not just maximizing surface area

Neither do you

I can see that, but I can see have the fan on one side, sponse column in the middle and duct work to the outtake. Im going to do this with a noctua d15 when i build my new computer, close up the sides, and make sure all air goes into the duct and out the computer. possibly putting some passive fans on the computer to move air from one side of the motherboard to the cpu intake if the motherboard itself isn't being cooled well the way I have planned.

Then duct the exhaust out and away from the computer, hopeful down into the air return vent.

kek

>he doesn't use a stirling engine to cool down his computer

fucking really?

It seems likely:
theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/msi_stirling_cooling/

omg

>doesn't overclock his router for faster internet speed

im no scientist but this seems like a shitty idea.
if the cpu was heavily loaded the cold side would heat up too fast for the fan to disappate it, and since the temperature differential would be less the fan would run slower, causing the cold side to heat up even more and drop the differential even more. just seems like this system would stall incredibly easy. would be cool as shit to look at tho

Clearly not on the CPU as you can see a ZIF socket on the left. It's just a gimmick on what is normally a passively cooled motherboard chip.

Who is this slut?

Is this a joke? Foam is an insulator, not a conductor.

What model is this semen demon?

Why does ncix employ so many ugly stupid Chinese bitches? Every time I hear their voices I want to puke. What's more they are all westernised so they act all preachy and obnoxious.

>I'm a physics illiterate: The Post

retard

>sponge
>isolated pockets of air
>convection heat away
There's a reason most heat sinks have nice clean straight surfaces

>not useing a black hole to bring your computer down to -459.67 Fahrenheit

This desu senpai. How can I upboat this comment btw? Not sure how this works.

That's fucking cute desu, even if it would only work for low power CPUs.

A neat conversation piece might be a Raspi based router, in a glass case, with that cooling it

>mfw

Just shoot me an email :3