Soon little children will know more about computer architecture than the average CS major or denizen of Sup Forums

>Soon little children will know more about computer architecture than the average CS major or denizen of Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RMFS60U6F3MJT/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1593271905
littlepim.com/research-language-learning-kids/what-scientists-say/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sure

>implying computer architecture has something with CS
It's EE, not CS.

They won't.

They are just thaught who to """program'''''' them with meme bullshit like rust and node.js without ever having to know how a microprocessor works.

not really, japan is full of tech illiterates

and japanese students are even more afraid of being seen as or becoming code monkeys than western students

Then they will moan about Moore's law not keeping up with their horrible programming failures.

Not true because only autists and weaboos actually enjoy moe shit.

>computer architecture
>EE
It's CoE.

Both EEs and CpEs learn computer architecture.

>amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RMFS60U6F3MJT/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1593271905
>BACKGROUND: I spend a large part of my working day in a SQL Server database, so I have very strong database knowledge. My daughter is 9 years old and is a very strong reader, but could care less about how a computer actually works... as long as she can get to ClubPenguin.com or the other websites she likes to visit for fun.
>STORY: A friend loaned me this book to show her, so I gave it to her and asked her to try it. If she read the first 10 pages and it was boring, she should stop. If she liked it, she could keep it until she was done. She opened it on the spot and was 20 pages in before she realized she still was standing in the middle of our kitchen. One day later, she was finished and said it was "cool" and that she liked it.
>I asked her if she learned anything or if it was just a story and she started talking. She said a little bit and talked about tables and how information is stored in columns and rows. She talked in a 9 year old's language and vocabulary, but basically explained to me the concept and benefits of centralized data stored in a single database. She made a couple other comments whose specifics I can't remember, but clearly articulated database ideas. It was somewhat surreal hearing these things come from a 3rd grader's mouth. She didn't feel like she had learned very much. I told her I probably could count on my fingers how many people at my work (300 people total - manufacturing industry, not IT) knew more about databases than she did, based on what she had finished telling me.
>SUMMARY: She felt like she read a fun Manga-style story. In reality, she did that but also learned and retained ideas that normally would be taught to much older people. This book took what could be a dry learning experience and changed it into a fun activity no different than if she was reading her Nancy Drew books or her Lego magazines.

Sup Forums is fucked

k lol.

TOO LONG DID NOT READ

Kids learn new things really quickly.

No they won't.

Thank Apple for that.

Kids these days are morons.

> and then she got a shitty boyfriend and turned retarded just like all the rest.

Yawn

anyone who knows how to tell cisc and risc apart already knows more than the average C"""""""""""""""""""""""""""S"""""""""""""""""""" major on Sup Forums

This I learned fluent italian by watching tv as a child. Ironically it was italian dubbed anime and its all I had to watch that was child friendly. I'm not Italian, so how I learnt it is beyond me because I had no knowledge of the language when I would watch these programs.

When I became a teenager I discovered anime was in fact not just your typical children's cartoons and that they were actually japanese. Started watching subbed anime and to this day I only have basic Japanese skills.

I should have learned japanese faster because I watched with subs, whereas when I was a child the italian dubs had no subtitles, they were meant for italian natives.

>tl;dr I learnt fluent italian from tv as a child at breakneck speed
>can't do the same after many years of japanese anime with subs to help, from teenager to adult

Kids learn quickly because to them absorbing information does not necessarily need to make sense or have real world use cases before it is placed in long term memory. They get that later when they grow and stuff starts to click.

Child labor laws mean we're still save for 9 more years.

How fluent?
Where do you live?

A sad truth.

You know damn well they're thick as shit, some of them barely read. They can graze the fields and consume content thats about it.

Fluent enough to have conversations with Italians and they think I'm Italian. I even adopted the accent and shit.

Live in bongland, where I barely use Italian after I got my qualifications so it slowly is slipping away.

this is how I learned english at first, by the time I got english classes in school I already knew enough to not even botherwoth the class and pass easily

I actually feel bad for anybody trying to get into CS or computer technology today because everything has been so infinitely abstracted away and none of the details are taught anymore.

I should be learning low-level C and building a basic OS right now in my university track, but they've already dumbed everything down to the point where a third of the class is "how to use linux" and the rest is "how to program in C coming from Java"

I don't know what your university is like, but mine had papers on operating systems, microprocessors and all that.

What shitty weenie hut jr college do you go to?

One of my 4000 courses last semester had me writing machine code and assembly. Another had me designing logic gate diagrams in the first month.

Are pointers considered low level C?
If no, then Im probably fucked

Its the best method, kids are entertained and they learn languages at an amazing rate.
10/10 would recommend everyone passes their time like this, I appreciate it so much now that I'm an adult and every skill is a godsend.

C's fucking easy user

No, "high level" languages use pointers as well. Pointer arithmetic is a little more unique to C among high level languages if that's what you mean, but just pointers in general is an extremely basic CS concept.

This is why anime is illegal

Should I study CPE or is it useless?

Only company you could get a job is Intel

>office saws
Just what kind of name is that?

>I learned fluent italian by watching tv as a child. Ironically it was italian dubbed anime and its all I had to watch that was child friendly. I'm not Italian, so how I learnt it is beyond me because I had no knowledge of the language when I would watch these programs.

Language learning is different

How so? It's not like I watched or got lessons in babby steps to help me, it was straight into the deep end so it can't be that different to learning something beyond your level.

>books didn't exist in the early 2000s

$0.02 has been deposited into your account

Are you talking about Sup Forums or children?

>all the people saying "they" itt

Thoughts?

I'm a pretty dumb ME and I can barely grasp programming

>he doesn't know about computational science fields
>he thinks "real" scientists dont use computer science

for

>tfw you are the product of apathetic teaching staff and absent parents
I am extremely dumb, but I can't learn.

>She opened it on the spot and was 20 pages in before she
But 20 pages of manga is like two and a half minutes of reading. Some people here could hold their breath that long.

Which icon on the ipad homescreen opens the youtube app you mean?
literally this.

>Thinks those arguments have anything to do with cs majors

ME is bottom of the food chain

Remember these are kids. Holding their attention for more than 20 seconds is already something of a miracle

So it's like "But How Do It Know? - The Basic Principles of Computers for Everyone" but in manga format?

Thought: It's a bait picture by some butthurt mathie in /sci/ upset that his colleague went on to make hundreds of thousands of dollars because he could program.

In nearly every country in the western world, children are not forbade from being forced to work at their parents' business. All he needs to do is start an LLC.

>it's impossible to learn to program if you don't take Java 1, Java 2, Java 3, Data Structures in Java 1, Data Structures in Java 2, Gui Design in Java, Algorithms, UML with Java, Advanced OOP in Java, Software Engineering in Java, Networking with Java, OS concepts in Java
>basically it's impossible to learn to program if you don't major in our ultra rigorous and difficult CS program

Spotted the butthurt mathie in question
>i-i'll learn computer science on my own eventually, then I'll be just as good as those plebs with their 200k jobs!!!

> tfw you will never have a powerful brain again and instead you're stuck with your slowly rotting brain
STEM CELLS BETTER FIX THIS
I wanna learn fast again ;_;

It's too late for us.
I'm leaching as much as I can get away with then killing myself.

>spilling your spaghetti because people are using indefinite pronouns

Computer science is applied mathematics.

Inb4 some retoid suggests bitshifting it

Also, whom are you quoting?

this sort of thing upsets me more than it should
i'm doomed to monolingualism forever
but not only that, but i was never properly taught maths. i've tried since and can't seem to get it

>As usual, it's a weeb spewing horrendous bullshit about something he knows nothing about

>implying math/physics/engineering majors aren't hired all the fucking time to be coders
>implying a cs major will make you into a good programmer

top kek

>It's like so hard to read books
>You need to have like an attention span greater than 15 seconds

It pisses me off because u didn't take learning seriously until I was about 16 and wasted all those years in between. Fuck I would have learned all the math I would ever need by 13 if I would have known how hard it got by 30

I didnt*

>implying the target audience isn't the denizens of Sup Forums

Torrent where?

Seems more like most little children will know less about computers than the previous two generations as all of their interaction consists of hunching over Leapfrogs on steroids and taking selfies with dog noses while complaining about their parents who buy them $600 Leapfrogs.

>born too late to share computing classes with people like bill gates or stallman
>born too soon to share your computing classes with little girls who probably know more than you

>Computer science is applied mathematics.

Kek. Most CS majors don't even know what real asymptotic analysis looks like

Most ``CS" majors haven't taken a single course in computer science.

Sup Forumsentooman on suicide watch

Pic related

It won't be out until March 2017

or software engineering if you attend the most memetic colleges

>left to right

Could possibly be from the difference in how the language is structured, chances are Italian resembles English more than Japanese.

littlepim.com/research-language-learning-kids/what-scientists-say/

What?

Why, because there will be less retards in the worlds who think that the database is a magic thing you put your data in?

Because more people understand the notion of data warehousing and data normalization?

Isn't this a good thing?
Doctors aren't sad when there are fewer diseases out there.

To be fair, my obvious sorting function has always been sorting via heap.

It's an obvious way to do things, if you know what a heap is.

If I had Java with almost no libs, and had to recreate them, I'd make a decent heap almost immediately and implement HeapSort in it.

Faster sorts could come later. HeapSort is not slow, and it's easy to get right.

I once came across the Electronics version and I was kinda impressed. It talked about a lot of stuff I didn't even learn until university, like BJTs

t. EE student

This always bugs me as well. My brother has one of these books for calculus I think and when I saw it was left to right I lost interest.

Thinking about buying one these books for my nephew he's 8 years old which one do you think I should by for him?

>Digital Logic
>CPU Architecture
If your CS degree didn't have this shit in it then you got ripped off.

What kind of shithole do you live in where they don't teach you this in high school?

>born just in time to make fun books to teach little girls about technology

They read less and less every year so no.

Can't wait

keep using your hipster C++
Maybe people don't want to know how a microprocessor works? Maybe they don't want to be locked to a single CPU architecture? Maybe they just want to get work done?

Learning about computers at this point like learning how a wheel is made. All you need to know is that there are a bunch of people already doing it and soon there will be a bunch of robots doing it.

>this
tfw didn't know of The Manga Guide to Calculus before finishing the course

You're not >implying that learning C or even assembly would teach you how a microprocessor "works," are you?

Besides, the point of higher-level languages is to abstract away all the architectural details so that you can solve more complicated problems with as little effort as possible.

Pro tip: you can get your neuroplasticity back by taking LSD.

those dubs made me investigate a little
There's some truth about that, but is it worth it?

Everyone in the silicon valley takes microdosages of lsd.

Not enough to trip, but enough to get them neurons firing

HOPEFULLY

>Pro tip: you can get your neuroplasticity back by taking LSD
And being good to your body
>Nutrition
>Exercise
>READ

Magic Pill Thinking. Just take shrooms and get "enlightened" already

>just be yourself brah, just exercise and read brah and you'll totally reverse physical developments in your brain, just beliv in ur self
Ok mate.

I bet you believe in meditation too.

not if Apple can do something about it

I feel like I would have learned a lot more in school if things were taught using cute anime girls

Checked

You want textbooks with spongebob and the fairly odd parents teaching you geometry?

Because that's what you're asking.