4K HDR GAMING FOR $200

Where were you when history was made?

Other urls found in this thread:

4k.com/news/meet-nvidias-new-4k-hdr-shield-tv-platform-for-2017-18188/
polygon.com/2015/12/3/9846760/the-game-awards-2015-winners
gematsu.com/2016/05/famitsu-award-2015-winners-announced
gamingbolt.com/splatoon-wins-tgss-game-of-the-year-award-for-2016-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-wins-best-foreign-game-award
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4101768/Nintendo-Switch-affordable-console-market-Rumours-suggest-cost-just-180.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that thing has 6.2" 720p screen.

It's gonna cost $349.99.

Dope. I need something to replace the Vita now that's it's been killed.

Looking forward to monster hunter at launch

Perfect size

All leaks point to $200-$250 with Splatoon pack in

where is your 4k hdr on 720p screen

Nintendo will fuck up yet again by not supporting non-local online tbqhfamily

>expecting a passively cooled 20nm maxwell gpu with low clocked ARM cores to do native 4k when the 980ti struggles
I hope nobody falls for this obvious bait

I never claimed it could do 4k hdr.

see OP

Are you retarded? It plugs into a 4K HDR TV and outputs 4K HDR.

>not supporting non-local online

So I guess you never played anything on the WiiU.

It's comical how out of touch people are.

>720p
>2001

This thing makes me fucking sick, but I will be buying one for me and my gf. Curse nintendo for having the only good game exclusives.

You mean it outputs 720p which the TV then deinterlaces up to 1080p.

The switch will not have the hardware required to output 4k.

Is Nintendo, dare I say it, finished?

No idiot. It outputs 4K HDR like the Nvidia chip it's based on 4k.com/news/meet-nvidias-new-4k-hdr-shield-tv-platform-for-2017-18188/

you have to be retarded to think that
they have so much money they could lose millions every years and still be afloat for 250+y

But the tegra k1 does full 4k on the original shield, this uses the tegra x1, so it will definitely output 4k, there's no doubt about that.

The display is 1080p oled.

Proofs? If true, very high value product.

Nintendo is always doomed

Highly crippled hardware. If it can be hacked, it will boot any GNU/Linux. But I doubt it. NintenDONT like hackers.

>Is Nintendo, dare I say it, finished?

The 3DS just outsold the total lifetime sales of the Playstation 2.

Pic related

Maybe as a mobile gaming company. As for consoles? Top fucking kek, they're already two and a half generations behind the competition with little to no third party support and pathetic first party.

You guys don't actually seem to know what you're talking about.

There's a massive difference between outputting 4k content while streaming Netflix and outputting 4k content while also processing a video game. Higher tiers of desktop GPUs can barely render 4k video games, so what exactly makes you think a one generation old mobile GPU can do what a fully featured GPU can't?

It will render games at 720p or 1080p, and the TV will do the upscaling to 4k. It will NOT output 4k on its own, because it simply does not have the hardware for it.

I love the browser on my WiiU because it allows me to play any video content on my tv at home.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the Switch.

No, but all their software is all Unix based, so exploits are generally found within the 4-8 months depending on the popularity, much as the iPhone.

The Wii U is more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360.

So, no they're not. Get the fucking basics right before you say stupid shit. Also, why isn't this shit on Sup Forums?

playing videos and playing games 4k are different thing faggots, just kys

Yeah, you definitely know more than Nvidia's CEO

hurr durr no shit dumbass, everyone knows that. Nobody expect the switch to output 4k video for games unless it's a 2.5d low-gpu title. But 4k support for netflix and movies is what people are looking for...

>4k tetris

GUYS IT CAN PLAY GAMES IN 4K

>3ds outsold PS2
you mean the DS line
last time I checked the 3DS sold 11 mil.

>Nobody expect the switch to output 4k video for games

That's literally the OP of this thread. The title is "4K HD GAMING".

n64 is the best console of all time. even now.

Name one post that said all gaming will be in 4k, and I'll live stream me eating a hat.

PS4 Pro and the Xbox One updated version can't even play games in 4K.

They even cost double the fucking price and aren't mobile

>4K HDR GAMING
Anything with a hdmi 2.0 port can do that. This thing is weak, anything at that resolution is going to have shit graphics otherwise.

They use shit end amd GPUs, not even quadfire fury x can do 4k 60fps HDR. But 1 1070 can.

>Anything with a hdmi 2.0 port can do that

Switch has USB-C out and USB-C charging

HYPE!!!!!

aaaand you think the dock won't have a hdmi 2.0 ?

Yeah yeah, but what kind of games does it have?

There were some good ones but also some shitty ones/missed opportunities. Also: 3ds.

>50-60% weaker than ps4(non pro) docked
>~80% weaker undocked
>That's ~37% weaker than a high end smartphone
>720p screen, you know like you'll find in sub $150 tablets only

Do people really grasp how low spec this thing is?

Mario kart 16
pokemon 31
zelda 21 (now featuring open world!)
Possibly skyrim
no third party other than mobile ports thanks to this being much closer to a phone than a pc/console

Best shooter of this generation

>Game Awards 2015
>BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME
Splatoon

>BEST SHOOTER
Splatoon

polygon.com/2015/12/3/9846760/the-game-awards-2015-winners

>Famitsu has revealed their Famitsu Award winners for the 2015 year and it might not surprise you, but Splatoon has taken the Game of the Year award
gematsu.com/2016/05/famitsu-award-2015-winners-announced

>Splatoon Wins TGS’s Game of the Year Award For 2016
gamingbolt.com/splatoon-wins-tgss-game-of-the-year-award-for-2016-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-wins-best-foreign-game-award

You seem upset

I should pick this up

>why isn't this shit on Sup Forums?
shitty mods it seems.

Sure is shilly in here

No sane PCfag would hate on the Switch
It's the perfect companion console to the PC

i'll buy it just to play splatoon if its $200
been wanting to play it since release but fuck the wii u

>first 30 posts was only from 9 IPS
>this obvious shilling
Mods pls

no, im laughing at it.

I can't grasp how nintentoddlers can eat zelda, mario and pokemon rehashes for 20 years.

>Mario is game genre
>Zelda is a game genre
>confusing characters for genres of gaming

>dumb nintendrone
What a surprise.

>4K
>HDR

I beg your pardon?

I have a shield TV and that thing isn't playing anything besides SNES roms at 4k, god only knows how it would do HDR.

>video output from tablet, to dock, to the TV
Ok now knowing that, how much input delay du you think it'll have?

>dodging the question
Spotted the nintendrones.

it will unsurprisily going to fail, rest assured.

It has no games. Android gaming machines are better.

splatoon is overrated by virtue of being on a wasteland of a platform and probably thanks to pedos :^)

>62 replies
And the mods haven't bothered to even delete the thread.

I'm just buying it for stardew valley and pokemon desu lads, maybe using the portable mode for comfy playing in bed or at my desk

all gaming will be in 4k

where you livestreaming it buddy?

>No disc drive
>Can't play Wii, WiiU, Gamecube, DS games

Fucking nope. Gonna buy a WiiU and softmod it once the price drops.

It's all hardwired, what the fuck are you talking about

Nintendo defense force in full effect I see.

Only a handful of games have online. Key first party titles are missing it: New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi, Super Mario 3D World, Yoshi's Woolly World and the second-party Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze all only have local multi. These are literally supposed to be system sellers and they don't have online.

Nintendo's commitment to online has been a lie.

>needing to be online in every game
>even games that don't benefit from it

maximum autism

You know what, I'm going to be a mighty retarded person and probably buy one at launch if it doesn't get over $250.

Why? Because the Wii U was really awful. I bought it, I got some of its better games (Bayonetta 2, Smash and Mario Kart 8 among others) and it was just bland, didn't have many releases, terrible third party support and not a single good metroid game. I don't see a reason to not buy the newest Nintendo console which might have the same issue.

My man, NSMB online has been requested since the Wii version. It keeps being a missed opportunity for a decent online game and yes, it would greatly benefit from it.

But no, only smash and mario kart need it. Why would anything else.

>conversion from usb-c to hdmi is only hardwired.
Sure thing user!

>Dope. I need something to replace the Vita now that's it's been killed.
What happened? Mine still seems to work.

>$60 handheld games on the Switch
>Nintendo never drops the price of their first party games until years later

This shit is going to flop

I hope the maximum pricing would be 45$.

Only indie and shovelware crap will be $20-40

Nintendo games will be $50-60, expect Pokémon and Zelda to be $60

That's an unreasonable expectation, just like the pricing on the Switch. If there's something to be learned of Wii U is that this thing will definitely be expensive based on the gimmick, just like their previous consoles. They outdid themselves with the 3ds at launch, they fucked up so hard they had to bring the price down quite a bit, but they definitely try to put shitty hardware for a higher priced based on these gimmicks.

Games should be no different. At the very least, a $55 minimum and that's already asking too much of them. By 2020 maybe, we'll have the first 5 big nintendo titles released on that console for $30, but until then you better wait. They aren't gonna change that unless the Switch flops harder than the Wii U (which flopped pretty fucking hard to be honest, yet they have the testicular fortitude to sell the console for more than $150).

>It's the perfect companion console to the PC

why would PC need companion?

Famitsu also gave a perfect score to Nintendogs. Nigga you gay.

>720pee

Most 4k tvs already do Netflix streaming by default

Compared to what?

>muh XX shooter with better graphics

>muh Fifa/NHL/NBA 9001

And the list goes on.

I am saying this without having any new Nintendo consoles.

Yeah both my samgsung tvs have netflix, hulu, amazonvideo, and more. Got a 40 in 6300 (2016 model) for 350 during cyber monday. Only thing is damsung injects ads in some of its services, i agrred to the EULA for the ads but i havent seen any ads.

who cares graphics then muh NVIDIA fanboys

rather take their fun games , i dont wanna play next cod ass creed in 4k

Nintendo is OVER

DOOOOOOOMMMEEEEEDDDDD

dense motherfucker, 4K video is not the same that playing some shit mario game on 4K. That gimped piece of shit won't be able to run games on 4K unless is some port of some shitty indie game that runs on phones and tablets.

as much as they say the inject ads, they are so bad on getting their shit together that maybe you will get to see some ad once and later on you will get some notification telling you Samsung is not supporting that anymore.

>Nintendo Switch could be the most affordable console on the market: Rumours suggest it will cost just £180

>Nintendo is due to release details on the console on Friday 13th January
>But rumours from Nikkei newspaper suggest it will cost £180 ($220)
>Nintendo Switch connects to TV in dock, or can be played as a handheld
>Removable Joy-Con controllers enable both single and multiplayer use

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4101768/Nintendo-Switch-affordable-console-market-Rumours-suggest-cost-just-180.html

>A patent illustration suggests that the console's handheld screen would be slotted into VR headset, while the user would use the detachable hand controllers to play

Game over. Nintendo won VR.

>11 million
It isn't 2011 anymore, the 3ds has well over 60 million sales itself currently
>Hurr source
Google

$249.99 is the official US price

ohshit

source?

but Playstation already won