/bst/ - Battlestations

Bingo edition

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Extra-long-Big-gaming-mouse-pad-30-100-thick-laptop-desk-keyboard-mat-Mousemat-rubber-professional/1635242948.html
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-BR/dp/B00S5E4LX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484079451&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewill rk-9000v2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump for

what type of xxl mat mousepad are you guys using?
is the steelseries qck xxl good enuf?

Just put the mouse on the desk

yeah and put my pc on the dirt
while im at it lets just sit in shit too
oh the hell with it i might even move the the sewers

how about you clean your shit you fucking waste of space.

how about you shit the fuck up you.... mean person

aliexpress.com/item/Extra-long-Big-gaming-mouse-pad-30-100-thick-laptop-desk-keyboard-mat-Mousemat-rubber-professional/1635242948.html

Best I've ever had including the steelseries QCK.

I don't think you thought this through.

I'm not sure if it was you and I don't care, but thank you based user for linking to the new thread before the last one died

Why do you guys hate Razer ?
Is it like the Apple of Peripherals for you ?
I am genuinely curious as i have a Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 and it never made me any problems.

>inb4 shill
Seriously ?

made2trigger

> Shit keycaps
> Overpriced Kaihls or however the fuck the chinks spell it
> Tacky gaymer design
Most people here can't stand having even one of those things plague their kb, let alone all three. Also, read the faq all the way through next time

Fuck I thought I was in mkg, ignore the faq bit

The keyboard market is the most retarded IT segment I can think of. ANSI keyboards are marketed as international versions, yet most countries outside 'murica use ISO.

Have the 2013 blackwidow with mx blues, still works after all these years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks for the answer my dude.

so rubik's cubes are taken as something negative if you know it now?

>only 3 hard algorithms
>can learn how to do it in about 2 days
>everyone thinks you're smart

meme
miːm
noun
an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means

It doesn't say negative anywhere...

I never get bingo :^(

where do I get a comfy wood paneled house?

no bingo

The south

Old thread died? Finally. Was taking its sweet time.

How's everyone doing?

This makes me depressed.

at least no weeb shit

People are still posting my shit, I'm flattered but feel free to update it with better panels.

Check out my dope ass wire management.

Also I only checked off the >Freetard Section.

Posted wrong pick for dope-ass-wire-management.

zip ties bad.
velcro strips good.

I lied. I lose.

>Velcro
>Being autistic enough to spend hours making sure they wrap neatly.
>Can't go as tight.
I mean they work, but why spend that much money?

wheres the fucking thinkpads you cuck

Do you have diseased hands or something?

This is the least comfy setup I've ever seen.
Do you only use your computer for 20 minutes at a time?
I use a standing desk at work but I still pop up and down between a chair every hour or so

I think velcro straps look bad. They are almost always too long for your use, so you end up wraping them two, three times.

And 30 bucks for 100 of them is stupid. They also don't hold the cables as controlled.

fgt

>Not being able to be on your feet for 12 hours a day.

When you've worked a job that requires 12 hours of walking before, a standing desk is pretty easy.

Nice cable management.
What's up with the dumbbells? I don't recall seeing them in the last pic.

What are the two large devices on the ends of the botton two shelves?

Razer designs look gaudy and tacky, their keycaps are cheap, and they have a reputation for switches dying inside of a few years.

tacky, gaymur design and most of the price you pay for a product of theirs is paid for said gaymur design. planned obsolescence out of their asses.

They also recently started using cheap chink switches instead of cherry mx to save costs, and their boards still cost the same if not more.

If you like your keyboard more power to you, I used to have lefty deathadder because it was one of the few lefty ergonomic mice in the market, but as a whole, Razer is anti Sup Forums as fuck.

This.
People keep trying to tell me their shitty Kailh switches are better than the cherry switches they used to use and it really gets on my nerves.

They switched to them for no reason other than for branding ("With our special Razer Mechanical Switches") and to save money.
The build quality on those switches is worse than cherry switches and they're fucking horrible to type on if you ask me.

Anyone want to do a bingo for me/ i admit I have a Funko Hatsune Miku figure.New pic soon.

I think I still have the bingo image saved from the last time I did it. I'll put it on the next post.

do i win

Now this is fucking comfy.

so close
I do have an poster but it's rather not so monthly

didn't know tho that the ikea meme chair is
>meme

have planned to buy one for years. now i'm just sittin on camping stool which isn't exactly the most ergonomic but fuck it

sexxx

Dumpbells are for working out while thinking. A few reps here and there keeps the blood moving. Not shown is a bench bar with 155 on it that sits behind where I stand. For doing presses and such.

Those are my computers. Or am I mistaken about what you are asking after?

Don't forget "black as my soul interior design"

Not really. It's mostly just the angle and lighting, but the rest of the room has plenty of white to contrast with the dark wood and the grey-ish wall behind the monitors.

Forgot to ask but what is the appeal of that kind of minimalist keyboard?

I think mine is ok

>fairy lights
Get some proper led strips fag they look tacky as shit

Only 3
I don't know if that's good or bad

>CRT
May the lord have mercy on your retinas

I'm asking about these. Why two computers and only the one screen?

I don't have too much room on my desk as you can see so that's partially why I like them.
The main reason is efficiency for me. This keyboard has every key that a normal 104/105 key keyboard has, they're just mapped to functions.

Portability is also a plus, I like to take mine with me to uni since their own keyboards are horrible to type on

Other than that it's just because they look nice.

It isn't.
Your case is nice though, so 1/10.

I just put them up for Christmas, but haven't removed them yet. LED strips would look even worse.

i like your room color

The is the final form. I don't need anything more from now on.

Shelves are for casuals

*A different user enters*

>They are almost always too long for your use
So cut them. Or better yet, buy a roll of Velcro and cut as needed.

Zip ties for anything other than power is bad.

>They also don't hold the cables as controlled.
Dafuq? Stop getting shit Velcro then. It holds just fine. Been using Velcro for cable management for a decade now, both at home and in the servers at work (cable management arms). Holds everything just fine.

The wrist rest sits very high up, didn't like it at all. Can it be because my keyboard is flat?

Oh it's nice to see you man.
You took some quality pics and made a nice collage
8/10

It irks me that your screens don't match.
What desk is that?

You're the dude I was helping redecorate right?

It might be. Try moving it further away from your keyboard if you can. I have mine sitting about two inches from the bottom of it.

>those trash speakers
then again, you're using metal shelves as a desk

>>
>Buy a roll of velcro and custom cut it to size
>Being autistic and spending hours doing that for each use-case
>Pretending that you can buy a sheet with both sides of velcro in a way that would work
>Self-stick velcro is thick plastic.

I also said controlled, not "does not hold wires."
It looks more messy, less tight, and generally sloppier with the same amount of work.

Fuck, I like this. Do you put your feet on the second level or sit far away from the keyboard?

Yea it feels weird as fuck, not comfortable at all.
I ordered the ''slim'' version but it still sits up high as fuck.

Ah that's not so fun man.
If you look at mine, my keyboard sits pretty high up, as do a lot of keyboards. Which keyboard are you using?

Rosewill RK-9000V2
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-BR/dp/B00S5E4LX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484079451&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewill rk-9000v2

Thanks user. I can rest a foot up on it. If one decided to get a stool you could put your feet up.

Yeah, they're not grorious tear-jerking 600 dollar speakers, but the audio fidelity is fine for a cheap pair of boxes. I can't be too loud, so it just doesn't matter. My sound-money went into my car (which looks 100% factory.)

Top one is a a linux computer with SSD storage. Used for my work. Bottom one is a windows computer, which is used for steam streaming mostly, and for hosting file servers when need-be.

Both are basically identical on the inside, aside from a large set of storage drives in the bottom one.

If you look up beneath the monitor there is an HDMI switch there.

Hm that should be fine? It might be more the fact that you're used to your hands being at a lower level. Try not to curl your hands as much.

I'm not but I think it's that my mouse pad is extended to it adds a bit of size to it.
I don't want to completely remove the mouse pad either because it is quite nice.

It's for standing, senpai

spotted the fucking turbomanlet

enough, maybe, only to fill out a row

Hm. I'm not really sure then. I love the one I have personally. Does the wrist pad go above the edge of your keyboard?

Ahhh that makes sense. So because of the Steam Streaming you don't necessarily need to have it on the display.

How are you suspending that screen?

I can see what you mean about the distance. Maybe move the mousepad forward a little to make room at the front of the desk for the wrist rest?

>5'11
I mean, okay. The desktop is 40 inches up. Whole thing is 72 inches tall.

The screen actually isn't suspended. Though that may change some day. I greatly prefer to look down at my screens.

What I meant was how is that screen standing up? It's attached to that cross section somehow right?

The feet for the screen at V shaped, so they slip back over the edge of the desk and the top of the screen leans against the cross pay, allowing it to tilt up toward me slightly. Just gravity.

Posting mine again.
I need to take down the red stars and Christmas cards.
>Still saving for an Ultra Wide monitor

Is that even real grass?

oh I can see it now.
Overall you have a nice setup though standing desks are not really for me.

Thanks user. Though I kind of shill for standing desks honestly most people really cannot stand (buh dun chk) to use them for expended periods of time. Just differences in mentality mostly.

Nah, it's some fake grass tiles from Daiso that I thought might look nice.

Nice cable management