What is the best (and most importantly secure) offline password manager? Also how do you choose your passwords...

What is the best (and most importantly secure) offline password manager? Also how do you choose your passwords, do you randomly generate some string?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6FsH7RK1S2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Encrypted text file

/thread

>/thread-ing your own post

Your brain or a notebook. Ideally a combination of the two. Write half in notebook and remember the other half.

>and remember the other half.
That basically destroys the utility of writing it down at all

>randomly generate with Keepass
>can't remember any of them so I have to find and copy paste the master key every time
>you fell for the muh secure passwords meme

KeePass cause it's open source

wut

apple keychain

make the half you remember a scrambled variation of a simple to remember thing
make the first half random stuff
j98r32"$(fFRv%10h1? | US3K33p455

>tfw all of my passwords are stored in my brain
feels good

There is no point in doing this unless you happen find it fun to store passwords this way.

The only reliable, secure and hacking-proof method of storing valuable data

>thanks the govt doenst have brain hack tek

Heh.

pen and paper

Yubikey.
Keyboard emulator.

You don't even need an encrypted text file. Just encrypt your disk and install common sense to prevent malware.

>implying only the government has this technology

I wonder for how much longer. When the technology advances enough, I can totally imagine a world where someone could read other people's thoughts and minds with some very small and handy device. Today already it is possible to "read" the brain by scanning it and hooking up the person's head with all kinds of scary looking things. I think very soon this tech will become much more simple and effective.

No. We can't read shit. Even basic things like sensorimotor control is total shit and getting a left/right/forward/back command out of the EEG is fucking awful.

t. Neuroscientist (masters)

This is from 2011 and it's only what scientists have made available to the public. The government of course has access to technology years ahead of what we know of.
youtube.com/watch?v=6FsH7RK1S2E

K mate. Not going to try to change your mind on this. My university has the largest neuroscience facility on planet earth (EPFL). But I mean, I'm sure you know more than me

CStash android app (offline app)

this way you canĀ“t have your password leak in any way besides a keylogger even if someone were to get the paper irl