Just downloaded nightly 53 and saw this. Do they really want to make pulseaudio a hard dependency?

Just downloaded nightly 53 and saw this. Do they really want to make pulseaudio a hard dependency?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1247056
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whats wrong with pulseaudio

The problem is that they are pushing for it like there are no alternatives.

i see, ive never understood the hate for a lot of services like pulseaudio and systemd but that makes a lot of sense for a lot of different services

Tell your maintainer to compile with --enable-alsa

Yawn, old news.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1247056

>needs a handler

literally autistic

compile it yourself autismo

pulseaudio is bloat and does not do anything useful.

Its shit and barely works

Does it play audio?

Mozilla finally managed to kill firefox even for the last 3 or 4 users they still had.
Fucking retarded cunts, I surely am not installing pulseaudio on my system.

If there are 100 alternatives and they pick any 1 of those, bitches like you will complain that they picked that 1 over the other 99, even though you aren't that smart yourself to understand the implications of any of those, and you haven't bothered to even take a peek at the source. Fuck the devs for not being able to make 100 branches to suit the whims of every special snowflake out there. Fag.

>make 100 branches
>"Now I don't know which to choose! Why didn't they just make one?"

>bloat
>does not do anything useful
Easily monitor audio level of different applications
Direct audio across the network to play or be processed on other devices
Provide an intuitive GUI for changing the active audio device in real time without re-starting applications.

But yeah, stay ignorant, idiot.

i.e.
install gentoo

Sometimes.

>I haven't used PulseAudio since Ubuntu 8.04!

I've used PulseAudio across 50+ installs, countless different hardware configurations, it's never failed. Maybe the issue is the user in your case

I use pulseaudio on top of jack on top of alsa, and sometimes even use the OSS compatibility layer. works great.

Probably only included because pulse audio has "known" vulnerabilities that intelligence agencies know about and can exploit and they're directing companies to use it for that express purpose.

Just like they're doing with systemd.

I used pulseaudio to seduce my second wife

What is the difference?

When I installed my distro i used apt get alsa-base alsa-utils pulseaudio and all their dependencies. Are you only supposed to have one at a time?

I downloaded nightly 53 and I can't even fucking browse websites due to certificates.

>Linux literally can't play audio

>Direct audio across the network to play or be processed on other devices
Have you ever actually tried to do that? The default impelmentation is a joke and hogs more bandwidth than streaming 4k does. Even hacks like piping the sound from pulse to ffmpeg and streaming it over the lan work better

>WOOOOOW
>firefox uses the unicode character set
>I cannot believe they left out the alternatives

But for we, the few lucky users of PulseAudio, it can! Join us!

Unmaintained by Mozilla, expect breaking in weeks.
I can't believe I'll have to go palememe sooner or later.

>inb4 stirnerfags

HAIL PALE MOON