Why

why

Are these speakers? If so, why are they both on one side?

watdat

I think they're the 'subwoofer'.

Is this some shitty rog laptop?

I believe that's specifically a sub woofer, actually. Speakers are on each side of the pamlrest.

Either one of the new ASUS or MSI laptops shown at CES that are about as portable as a miniITX build.

AKA, why buy a laptop this large.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

That is actually pretty cool. I wouldn't mind that hardware in a slimline desktop form factor.

Gay men laptop
>Either one of the new ASUS or MSI laptops shown at CES
Nope, this one is from last year

> why buy a laptop this large.
If you have too much money and want something that you can put in your backpack to take between different places without disassembling.
Or, you just want a baller as fuck "laptop"

>$9,000 on a laptop
I really can't believe that a mobile processor doesn't get bottlenecked by two desktop grade 1080's. 21:9 is interesting for laptops, but, it's still pretty fucking useless except as press attention for the show I feel lol

I whould guess they use desktop socket in those..

>AKA, why buy a laptop this large.
The only legitimate use case I can come up with is some kind of sponsored pro gamer that has to bring something capable of playing his games into his hotel room when he travels. Mini atx case + monitor would be (slightly) more of a hassle to put into a suitcase.

The CPU will share a heatsink with the #2 gpu, so won't have to deal with as much heat. Say the CPU is 90W heat output, and a 1080 has 160W TDP (these are TDP binned and configured)
Say the #2 GPU in SLI has 70% utilization, so ~50-60% of max TDP, That gives 160W to heatsink 1, and (90 + (160*0.55)) == 180W to heatsink 2.

The CPU won't maintain max turbo the whole time, but if the system can dissipate 200W per heatsink, it will be completely fine.

bottleneck =/= heat

I'm talking about the CPU not keeping up in terms of performance with two 1080's.

how long does the battery last on this abortion of a laptop?

On full load I bet like 30 minutes, if that lol

>Battery

These are desktop replacements and meant for portable use between locations (on a train, in a hotel, etc) not for using while you're standing at a bus stop.

It's a desktop 6700(K?), not a 6700HQ.

It's a Micro ITX build with a screen attached. It's not a laptop, it's a portable computer.

I'd like to see one of these in a 1U rackmount.

This is your captain speaking, our flight time today will be 20 minutes, as we won't be reaching our cruising altitude there will be no in flight service today... ah... weather in Seattle is 27 degrees, overcast.

>The Predator 21 X has an 8-cell, 88Whr battery that Acer estimates will last about 3 hours.

Probably in idle.

HQ stands for High Quality so obviously that would be the better CPU you artery

Normalfags love it.

>88Whr
Okay, so let's use a 160+110+90+30W estimate.
88Whr/390W < 15m

I doubt the battery can sustain that wattage output though, so it will be more like 25-30m

Damn now I want to go to my classes with that typewriter just to piss off everybody