Will the the death of Yahoo finally kill the "women in tech" meme?

>Hey, we need more women in tech because it's current year. Why don't we start laying off a bunch of male employees and then fast-track a bunch of women because "MUH FEMINISM!"
>Let's not even be subtle about what we're doing, let's make it really fucking obvious that we're blatantly discriminating against men
>What could possibly go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg
businessinsider.com.au/marissa-mayer-biography-2013-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

This is just the beginning.

>death of yahoo
that was years ago

Who the fuck cares.

One can only hope.

Companies killed by women: Yahoo, HP, Xerox, Avon, Mattel, Lucent ...

ps: youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg

I do because my future employment depends on not being fired for my sex.

the media.

Oh please, those companies were dead before women ever took over them. the pattern seems to be when the company is on its way to the grave put a woman in charge in order to attract publicity.

Instead of crying and being butthurt like a retard about companies falling for the latest SJW fads, why don't you short their stocks and watch as they destroy their otherwise fine companies themselves like me? I'm completely retarded stock market wise and I've been making SO MUCH MONEY just by shorting businesses like Twitter, Yahoo, etc because it's failproof and works every time.

THIS
>and pic related

Newsflash none of you NEETs have any hope of working in top-tier tech companies anyways, so you don't have to worry. No one is trying to replace your A+-certified asses with a female.

Carly Fiorina's (mis)management of HP still makes me angry to this day.

cant get an internship as an asian male

It's called the "glass cliff" and it's sort of true. Failing companies do often hire female CEOs as a cheap PR move and to try to get business from feminists, since many of them will buy anything from any company that puts women in charge
But that's only part of it. Like Fiorina at HP, the company made a lot of shitty moves under her. Under Mayer, Yahoo failed to adapt to the changing tech world, and tried waaayyyy too hard to push feminism in their business plan. There's a reason they're being sued for sexism, like the OP says they didn't even really hide what they were doing they kind of just fired a bunch of men while promoting women based on sex.

She never mismanaged HP you fucking retard. Structurally her changes were very well-needed and helped HP do well. Her biggest mistake was that she underestimated Hewlet's following in the company and his inability to see that change was needed. He basically leveraged people's inertia to oppose Fiorina, masking it behind her not understanding the company culture. The failure of the merger had more to do with that than anything else.

In addition to this, she was basically put in charge of changing HP as its profits were declining. She was a useful idiot and a great villain who could change things for the better, become hated for it and then get replaced by someone who coule embrace the changes and get loved instead.

Was not familiar with the term "glass cliff".

We're all backseat drivers here but HP and Yahoo, just from the point of view of being an end user. Anyone could have seen that HP had major problems in its consumer offerings much like they do today plus a collapsing PC sales market and Yahoo never really had a money making strategy killing its own search engine was a bad idea IMO, they killed the reason for their own existance, plus all the other stupid moves yahoo did before meyer ever showed up.
I don't think anyone is without fault, and fault shouldn't necessarily be always placed at the top escape goat.

I know Yahoo, but I can I get a tl;dr on HP from a Sup Forums perspective?

>Why Sup Forums is a joke

>sell off your engineering and enterprise computing divisions
>destroy your brand by selling bargain-basement trash computers and printers
>shift your business model to rely entirely on physical DRM ink cartridges, destroying your brand even further

dude? what??

Seems like it was a good move for the HPE side though. And really, that's all we care about. No-one here cares about shitty PCs and printers, but I (at least) do care about their enterprise offerings being competitive.

I'm not an avid Sup Forums browser and don't know the consensus here, but ibmy opinion, management wise, which is what we are discussing here, she was, as I wrote above, a useful idiot. Sup Forums ignores office and board politics too much and only scratches the surface.

My background is a bsc in comp sci and a bsc in business and economics. Not that you asked for a blog about me, but I have actually analyzed Fiorina's management before. On the surface, 1. She created a list of buzzwords such as "Be creative, strive for perfection" in an effort to modernize the old company ethos, which was retarded and pissed people off. 2. She merged Compact and HP in the biggest merger ever made at the time. This was largely unsuccessful because Hewlett's son who was involved in the company and was a backwards looking fuck, didnt want to change HP (which at the time was called Hewlett Packard, go figure) the way Fiorina wanted it to (which was, you know, her job). He opposed her and got a lot of employees on his side, which slowed down her momentum significantly.
3. During the time at the company and largely partly because of the merger but also because of other structural reasons (these being that Dell and Lenovo were making high-quality products that were rapidly stealing market share from HP, HP couldn't keep up with the competition because they werent as cost-effective, and they had very profitable low-end departments) she laid off shitloads of workers, cutting costs and creating efficiency at HP. However, the markets didnt believe that her choices were good, nor did they believe in the merger (most mergers fail, especially big ones like this), meaning that the HP stock plummeted.

>someone got triggered by something

we dont fucking care

Marissa is official Sup Forums waifu. Here are 6 reasons why she's the best:

>She's a woman in tech
>She's beautiful
>She competes against Jewgle
>She's a tomato
>MARISSA

Foot cheese eating neckbeards need to kill themselves. Marissa should be on the sticky.

Also, one has to keep in mind that Fiorina took over HP during the dotcom bubble and was put in charge by a board who most likely wanted her to make a bunch of well-needed changes only to then fire her, brand her a villain and put a new guy in charge who could start with a clean slate. These kinds of things are fairly common.

White women are Cancer.

?

Get yourself an Indian wife

How hard is it to manage Pepsi? Like everything was probably already setup for her.

Dude i remember reading the hundreds of comments from actual HP veterans posted in the slashdot comments when it was happening. Some of the shit Carly did was full retard.

You seem to be sprouting the same sanitized retrospect of HP that the 3 letter agencies were distributing intheir attempt to get her into the highest office.

Yes Carly is an NSANIGGER

go back to your designated shitting street, pajeet.

The only reason why pepsi hasn't gone out of business yet is because they have always undercut coke by selling twice as much soda for the same price.

How hard is it to manage Yahoo? Like everything was probably already setup for her.

White women are weak

Are you kidding? Yahoo was in big trouble when she took over.

They have an entirely different pricing strategy then. Nothing wrong with that. That doesn't mean they're in trouble at all.

I would purge her bootyhole if you know what I mean.

I haven't read any of those but I imagine that we are all saying the same thing. The groupthink is pretty strong at big three consultancies. Also lol you had me spotted, I am at one of them.

But anyway, this black and white type thinking, limits analysis. Some of her choices were absolutely retarded, but that is not to say that the general gist of what I wrote is wrong.

stay in there please.

>In addition to this, she was basically put in charge of changing HP as its profits were declining

This happens a lot. People are made the captain of an already sinking ship and then when it finally goes underwater it's all their fault.

people who think that "women/minorities in tech" are a problem literally have no clue how the hiring process works.

that isn't to say Marissa did a good job, you can't fault her for not turning around a failing company with a delusional board that thought that yahoo still had relevance as a tech company, but you can fault her for helping precipitate a pump-and-dump for a hedge fund

businessinsider.com.au/marissa-mayer-biography-2013-8

I'm usually the first one to link someone to Sup Forums when they start spewing shit about libruls and pizzagate but come on man, that post had nothing to do with Sup Forums

women are idiots

Maybe the women you're around...

It's a problem when you're put in place solely because of what's between your legs which seemed to be a pretty big reason why Mayer got the job. They pushed the fact that she was a female hard. She was seen as the golden girl of social justice. Female, pregnant and in charge. Her policies were in line with that, openly discriminating against men in her company. Mayer is what happens when you care more about identity than achievement. Granted as everyone else has noted Yahoo wasn't exactly soaring when she got the job but they needed someone to keep them afloat not shoot more holes in the hull.

>Fuck Trump voters REEEE

No one brought it up except (You)

Dude wtf? I worked for coke PepsiCo is doing as good or better than coke.

>physical DRM ink cartrudges
Please, tell me about it. I've just bought an HP multifunctional unit and wonder if I should get a refund.

>They pushed the fact that she was a female hard

Irrelevant, they used that as a way to get her in so they could quickly have a new scapegoat in place for when the already crashing Yahoo finally hit the ground, so the board of delusional idiots could be absolved of any wrong doing, "it was all her fault!"

The same happened to Fiorina (Although in this case she did do a lot of stupid things as well). She was planted into a company that was already poised to get obliterated by the dotcom bubble to be the scapegoat when the inevitable happened, keeping other, longer time employees out of the blame train.

HP ink cartridges (and most printer companies now) use DRM cartridges, through physical characteristics like cartridge ridges and embedded microchips that flag an ink cartridge as "authentic" to a reader inside the printer.

Buy some cheap alibaba knock off, or try to refill it yourself and break an important seal (destroying an unseen ribbon cable inside that controls the microchip) and now your printer screams NOT AUTHENTIC, YOU DIDN'T PAY $50 FOR THIS and locks down, refusing to print.

I want to fuck her so bad while she giggles hysterically.

holy fuck she's hot, I can see why she can't manage a company

Damn, savage bantz

Sounds depressing. Is there a workaround? Any advice on finding a good printer without this shit?

Not him, but if I'm sure they may be some sort of workaround if you look around. Your best bet is to look around and hope to find a printer without PATENTED FUCK YOU CARTRIDGES or look for the printer with cheap cartridges. But to be honest, you should get a laser printer.

i am a man and i feel like a victim, best feeling ever, highlight of my life

fuck women

>sells off most valuable asset
>burns through billions on worthless acquisitions
>the company would have been worth more if she did nothing

She is the epitome of someone who got thrown in a position they had no clue how to handle.

Well, HP 46 cartridges for my HP ink advantage 2529 cost 14 bucks on aliexpress and can print up to 1500 pages.
I wonder if the quality of prints will decrease over time...

Why a laser printer? Will it be cheaper in the long run?

When will you Trump supporters realize we're just as good as men.

Not sure if bait or SJW infection Sup Forums seems to have.

>Will it be cheaper in the long run?

Yes, plus they won't dry out (the ink) and refuse to print if you don't use them for a month

Gross

t. deluded Pepsi fanboi

Despite the obvious fails, I think Lisa Su is really doing well at AMD. Mostly because she actually is a real engineer, however. We'll see how much of it ends up being Raja Poolaris and Jim "Shitwrecker" Keller, but if Lisa Su turns AMD around it will be the one bright spot for a female CEO in tech.

Asians don't count, they are between 5 and 10 points smarter than whites

at least get a canon or epson with official refillable tank.
but it's better to get a fujixerox s-led colour laser. cp205 or something.

she's chinese and tomboy.
a different breed.

So long as women who actually know their shit and want to work in tech gets a job, I don't care how many they are.

Certainly, the AMD CEO is doing a pretty good job of what she's got to work with. Then again, she's too busy running the company to brag about how she has a job AND a vagina.

I get what you mean, but let's not go full here.

> Being the CEO of Accidenture
> Accidenture India of all things
> A good thing.

Pajeet my son...

And I got an HP printer because it supports CUPS and has the cheapest ink refills.

Oh man.

We already knew that.
Time to pay the piper.

Did you mean...
>Then again, she's [not] too busy running the company to brag about how she has a job AND a vagina.

During Mayer's reign at Yahoo:
>logo changed to chagrin of many
>acquired Tumblr, inevitable backlash ensued
>killed the original Yahoo! Directory, some other core and peripheral services, and several startups just for their respective employees
>revamped Yahoo! Messenger "once and for all" and launched another that no one cares

She might have actually earned it, The issue is selecting people based off of ability.
Men are more inclined to take to computers so theirs just more of them in the technology branch who are setting the bar high.
16 years + 4 years of college/uni @25 >Just 4 years of college/uni @25.
The feminist method is, gender/skin > everything else.
The computer(or even reality) doesn't factor in feelings or made up "Oppression points" so it doesn't work out for companies adopting the method in the least.

hm
i've a feeling people who care about this only because she's a woman are sjw

I knew she was a hack after she did that fashion shoot...

Never heard her brag about being an empowered womyn. Sure she wasn't all like "boys please notice me"?

I'm pretty sure the empowered womyn bit was firing all the men because they were men.

>Marissa will never illegally purge you

Just kill me now.

Your fault for not buying a laser

i i want her to s my dicc

Putting a woman in charge when innovation was needed is the worst thing you could do. Yahoo was already failing before Mayer became CEO. They were stagnant. With their resources focusing on something else entirely then their current products would have saved a sizable portion of the company.

Can you drill a small hole to bypass the security?

>Based on net revenue, PepsiCo is the second largest food and beverage business in the world. Within North America, PepsiCo is the largest food and beverage business by net revenue.

iirc we had to order replacement chips from china and some little battery powered device to reprogram the replacement chips.

Marissa a CUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=mcSujceZDmg

You're a retard.

> when a company dies and has a male CEO
It's totally a shit CEO, he RUINED the company.
> it's a woman
Bruh the company was doomed already, she dindu nuffin!

What the fuck is wrong with you, faggots?
Double standard much?

If you're more capable you can surely make a more successful company.

does mayer sound like mayor
or does mayer rhyme with liar
how do u even say it please be real

this

yahoo was also dead as a doornail long before marissa

A British spy agency collected millions of still images while eavesdropping on Yahoo webcam chats by citizens of the U.K

That video is stuff of nightmares.

>What could possibly go wrong?

This.

All-female workforces don't work.

These fuckers should be sent down the mines to experience real hard work.

At the last job we had several female "developers", they spent their time drinking coffee, smoking, flirting with the bosses, answering emails.

So in short, they never really done anything.

>I do because my future employment depends on not being fired for my sex.

You sound like a woman.