Bags are technology...adjacent

Bags are technology...adjacent.

What do you guys use to carry your laptop around in?

Other urls found in this thread:

511tactical.com/rush-12-backpack.html
ogio.com/backpacks
pelican.com/us/en/products/luggage-and-backpacks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

20 dollar spiderman backpack from walmart

Northface Recon.
I drive a motorbike so it needs to be a backpack. It has multiple felt line pouches including one large one for a laptop, and other gadgets. Isn't too large for daily use due to cinching straps (Also I'm 6'1 ~215lb) but can expand up to ~35 litres for anything a bit more strenuous. Best bag I've ever owned.

I'm using the Bag of Holding from ThinkGeek. It's starting to fray from the corners of my computer, and I'd kind of prefer a bag that's less...nerd culture-y, but none of the other messenger bags I've found are as functional. It's got two separate main compartments so I can keep my laptop separate from my other EDC stuff, and a tablet sleeve in the laptop compartment that I've yet to see anywhere else.

I carry around a messenger bag when I bring my laptop, but it feels so goddamn girly.
To sit down with a messenger bag on a bus, you have to put it on your lap, like a girl.

forgot pic. There are mutliple colourways, and it's relatively affordable. Also relatively water-resistant for driving my motorbike in the rain. It's even hydration pack compatible for any innawoods shit you wanna do.

Nothin' girly about a good messenger bag.

Stop. You massive faggot. People use the same "But Indy" argument to wear their stupid fucking neckbeard hats.

Wearing a fedora or a messenger bag does not make you look like Indiana Jones, because you do not look like Harrison Ford, you look like a fucking overweight loser douchebag, i

Do you retards even Sup Forums?

twilight sparkle messenger pack

this
anything else is for plebs

>Not using the derpy one

Only if it's original, before any of that Alicorn bullshit. Otherwise you're better off just killing yourself.

Those are all purses.

Love my bag of holding

Fucking casuals.

have a messenger bag, but wanted to get a knapsack now, still looking for a good one.

how the fuck do you use one of these without your back eventually hurting??

USPS doesn't look girly, just looks like they're carrying stuff

Travel light. Laptop, tablet, chargers, a few odds-and-ends. Don't carry books or heavy tools with you everywhere you go.

Basically don't treat it like a backpack or a suitcase and you'll be fine.

>Manpurse

>Not carrying your laptop with you everywhere you go

>tfw you will never be manly enough to use a messenger bag and not be embarrassed

not g if you don't have arch linux and less than 16 gib of ram on that t420

viper hardcase 12 from booq
carry around my toshiba innit, very good with great pockets

Is 16 gbs on a t520 running Debian Unstable good enough?

You just carry that around in your hands, or put a strap on it, or what?

And get robbed by Tyrone and Juan just by carrying it around. At least a bag is harder to steal. Plus if your state isn't gay, you can carry a defensive firearm in one.

Anyone have seen this?

kickstarter(dot com) bobby-the-best-anti-theft-backpack-by-xd-design

But I have Fedora and 8gb ram on my x220! If I combine that with my g-shock does that make me Sup Forums enough??

Yeah that would be pretty nice for someone in a large metro area where that security is needed but fuck me at that price no thanks

seriously? that's not even in the high end.

>how to look like a humongous faggot
dont you have a chart for men?

That's not a bad price for a good quality backpack. Don't let Tyrone win.

Saddle bags are inferior in everyway to a back pack. Theres a reason briefcases were replaced by saddle bags and now saddle bags are being replaced by back packs

I don't think anyone actually thinks they're girly.
The only time I was ever picked on for carrying one was in middle school where they called it a "Man Purse" which isn't even a real insult.

I have some "leather" swissgear messenger bag that I found at goodwill for $5 or so. It's pretty nice, though I wouldn't want to lug it around for more than a few blocks. It's got a divider for my laptop and other stuff, plus a small pocket for pens and cards and other stuff, plus zippered compartments on the front and back for papers or whatever?

>55 USD
Where do you live where that is a crazy price for a good backpack?

>Saddle bags
Sorry, are you in the right century?

How long till Chinese dupe?

Manhattan Portage messenger that I scored on eBay for $20 shipped.

the little phone pouch on the strap costs that much. its very low profile and comfy.

>crazy fucking insane prices for a square foot or two of leather or canvas material
>you people are god damned certifiable
>go to a thrift store, find a really nice Targus bag with tons of pockets and it looks great too
>$5
>get it home and start going through the pockets and compartments
>find a 4GB USB stick, an OTG cable for a smartphone, a 2A Samsung USB charger, and $27 in cash (seriously) spread throughout the pockets
>FUCKING BONUS BITCHES

True story, I swear, nowadays every time I go to a thrift store I check the pockets on EVERY fucking "computer" backpack or bag they have on the shelf just in case.

I've had 4 different thinkpad branded bags and they all fell apart or had the zipper take a fat shit.

they need to partner with a real quality, premium bag maker for their thinkpad bags.

all the thrift stores get cleaned out here, too many people with the same idea.

Nice way to look like a complete faggot OP.

Nice. The only thing I've found in a bag was a shitty flashlight and a stick of old RAM.

Nice purse faggot

Oh shit totally misread that. My bad. On second look not bad at all

Using a Samsonite Syndicate bag I got on sale. It just feels bulky sometimes. Any recommendation for something smaller and around $40?

I use some chink one strap backpack with 3 zippers. Can't run around with a messenger bag.

Was thinking about getting a timbuk2 messenger bag. But they kinda look gay. I need a airplane carry on for laptop and electronics may look into case logic unless anyone wants to shill something at me.

Nine Inch Nails messenger bag. If I'm actually doing shit ill use my shitty quicksilver single pocket backpack with a laptop sleeve though.

as a fat guy, when I switched to messenger bag, I loved it. I was getting sick and tired of having back sweat not even on a hot day wearing two strap back pack. But no more back sweat with a messenger bag.

Crumpler bags look alright, but they're even more expensive.

Show us on the doll where the neckbeards touched you.

My fav backpack. I got this thing literally soaked in mud and everything inside it stayed dry.

Loewe puzzle bag

$2,690

>No laptops have VA panels
>No quantom dot IPS exist
>So very few OLEDs

Why own a laptop if the screen is cancer.

Especially matte screens
fuck that normie noise

>he wants glossy over matte

kys

Damn, love the utilitarian look. What brand?

the mods have given up on this board

>actually using a messenger bag

kys you fucking manchildren, get a backpack or a briefcase

>i need to use my laptop outside in direct sunlight
>I couldn't possibly fathom someone needing a portable lightweight computer but not needing to use it outside often.

There is no use for matte screens beside to reduce glare which wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have such weak shit eyes, and isn't bad if your screen isn't under-lit shit.

511tactical.com/rush-12-backpack.html

only cos im fuckin tired of an umbrella pokin a hole in my bag and usin some half broken piece of shit for 2 years because i cant be fucked to fix or replace it

that and space

Rate my autism

this

damn those are to expensive for my wallet user. I am going to carry two x220 and a camera, not sure about anything else that will go in there, maybe magazines and such. what does everyone think of this? how would that work with tsa?

>looking like a 12 year old carrying a back pack

pic related is my favorite rucksack.
pros:
>stylish
>very durable, can hold very heavy load
>comfy
>cheap
cons:
>chinks use some cheap inks, so color fades after 1-1,5 years, so you have to buy new one in order to not look like you just found that rucksack in the dumpster.

if you're interested, search for "rucksack" on ebay

if you can't fit everything in a kanken you should take along less things ngl

Selling two of those would make my credit card debt disappear and then some.

I just carry my tablet around

How do you carry your gear? Messenger bags look like large purses.

ogio.com/backpacks

Old school Targus leather laptop/messenger bag. I believe its over 20 years old now and kinda falling apart but it still gets the job done

Hipster Alert!

I don't need any gear with me, cell phone keys and wallet, sometimes utility knife, back packs make me feel really self conscious like I'm a kid back in school, am I just trying the wrong ones??

pelican.com/us/en/products/luggage-and-backpacks/

BillinghamHadley Pro

This is a retarded opinion.
Back packs are the most practical, safe and ergonomically correct bag.
They're god tier compared to messenger purses.

Just because it isn't the same opinion as yours it doesn't mean it's retarded, there's lots of people out there who share my view on this, not saying I'm right either. Most messenger bags I see out there look pretty gay.

I still need something for a long haul flight and messenger/briefcase type is about the only thing I find that doesn't look retarded.

That's because they're stolen.

Chrome

>case logic
I'm quite happy with this one.

patrician/10

well it doesn't even look gay

just found it on amazon. good price. is it durable?

Dell Tek 15.6"

After using it for two years I haven't noticed any defect or signs of bad quality product. If washed, it would probably look as new.

You all sound so immature. Just get what works best for you. I see a lot of people in the corporate world as well as the private sector use everything for different reasons and no one judges them.

$35 backpack off amazon that has a little rain cover in the bottom

works fine, rain cover is handy, cheap

I was looking for a new bag and this looks pretty nice. On Amazon it says it's for laptops

14'' model has more than enough space for X220 according to manufacturer's website ("Fits devices 36.3 x 4.3 x 25.1 cm").
Mine is for 16'' notebook and I've managed to put in nb (15.6'') + charger + cables + pants + t-shirt + towel + lunch.
Pretty good for $50 backpack.

That's what I thought. I didn't want to buy a 12" bag because the 9 cell battery sticks out on the back. I think I'm going for this. I want the laptop to sit as tightly as possible.

Have this big(55L) mf from YDS, the local military supplier in Turkey. It's a very nice backpack, tested its water resistance. Pretty comfortable too, carried 15 kgs with it and it wasnt disturbing.

I had the dragon skin one but some how it went missing. The thing was huge.

But OP, politics are technology...adjacent as well...