Do you guys agree that PC gaming has taken the wrong turn in aesthetics in recent years...

Do you guys agree that PC gaming has taken the wrong turn in aesthetics in recent years? Almost anything that has the word "gaming" attached to it would have the following:

>tons of RGB lighting
>odd, over the top shaping
>coloured accents between seams
>cheap plastic decors with zero practical applications
>lots of glass

I don't know how this trend started, but is this really the sort of crap PC gamers are into? Of cause, I'm talking generalities here, because I'm a PC gamer and I don't identify with this garbage. But surely, companies won't put out products that aren't marketable? Or, do they simply assume us PC gamers all look like fat fucking nerds?

It's gotten so bad, even people at CES are talking about it:
theverge.com/ces/2017/1/5/14165402/gaming-pc-design-ces-2017-lenovo-samsung-razer

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/ces/2017/1/5/14165402/gaming-pc-design-ces-2017-lenovo-samsung-razer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's more than one type of case you fucking commie

>I'm a PC gamer and I don't identify with this garbage
It stops being socially acceptable to play video games after you turn 15. If you consider yourself an """adult""" yet you identify as a PC """gamer""", I have some news for you.

>he gives a shit about what's socially acceptable
Lmao

You do know you can still play games and not sound like a retard on a social level, right?

Buy business stuff. It looks elegant, is high performance/quality and usually cheaper than gaming branded shit.

>Gaymercucks unironically think that gaming is an identity.
Get a real hobby, fegit

I had this problem recently when building a PC.

>Going through case designs
>Everything looks like some lame sci-fi shit apart from FD cases which is what I settled on. (pic related)

>Every decent mouse and keyboard comes with LED lights out the ass for no reason.

>All high end gaming monitors look like fucking ass as well covered in decals and shitty blinged out stands. Settled on a high end professional Dell monitor instead.

Only problem is I didn't realize even fucking internal parts from the video card to the mobo these days is covered in RGB lights, so out of the slots there is still glow.

Not an argument retard.

I'll take bold and striking (if a bit tacky) gaymer cases over nondescript aluminum rectangles any day. I bet the author of that article loves commieblock architecture too.

>trying to negate a non argument with a non argument

You might as well divide by zero.

>Hey guys, I learned about adulthood from TV shows and comic books. Gamers are fucking nerds, lmao. I'm an autist with no friends.

Are you the kind of fedora that goes outside and starts calling normal people "chilidish" and "dumb" for not living in the 50s?

People were bitching about it at CES.

Pretty much, LED shit sells to teenagers who want to rice out their fucking PC to the max. Good sleek design doesn't sell.

Get rid of the shitty orange leds and it would look pretty need.

A better question is, why do PC gamers build expensive "gaming rigs" when all they are going to play are shitty indie games on par with internet flash games I played in middle school in 2003?

shoddy console ports require thrice as much processing power to run as smoothly as on their original platform, especially at the meme resolutions and refresh rates of gayming monitors

Because they also play skyrim with ultra HD photorealistic loli catgirl mods

it's always been like that.

>Spend 3k on top of the line PC and 4K Oled screen (australian)
>Spend 90% of my time gaming playing 90s rpgs and adventure games.

It's the fucking normies man.
They got ahold of PC gaming and fucked it up.

You all have seen the RGB cancer spread.
Normies love LED shit.

And what's wrong with ANY of that exactly?

Between your low key computer cases and flat UI it's as if a mentally twisted culture of blandness is asserting itself on everyone else. Has it ever occured to you that some people do not want lifeless sterility? That perhaps colors and interesting shapes and features attract some people?

Its the phone thing all over again...we go from many different and interesting devices that suit a wide range of users to. The same slab after slab after slab...

You bland fucks are NOT TAKING THIS AWAY! Fuck off back to the Apple store, where everything is bland and lacks features!

First they come for our keyboards...then they came for our removable batteries (both phone and laptop) and now they come for our Fucking LED lights!

Your aesthetic reminds me of the steel table at a health clinic...wiped clean and sterilized...the most cold and unfeeling place for a cold handed old lady to grab your balls and request you cough...

You disgust me.

No I don't think it's the normies fault anymore.
I have friends who prefer to spend more on visual gimmick for the same performance.
I actually had discussion one time where a dude bought a MSI gtx 1060 gaming blahblah edition because it was more aesthetically pleasing than another, cheaper brand.

i came here to say much the same, not to mention that there are more options than the 2 extremes of the cold, ACTIVELY BORING define r5, and whatever OP posted. There's cases like the Evolv/Evolv ATX, the Pandora/Pandora ATX, the entire inwin lineup, and so on to the point that we could be here for days

Your friend is a normie.
My very point mang.

>"Gaming PC's"
>Images are nothing but laptops.

Should I be laughing or disgusted?

>Most performance parts and brands are made in China.

Get fucked commie.

>Glass
Usually not

>oh shit I now have more choice than before but there are now more choices that I don't like which doens't matter cause there is still a lot that I do like fucking normies right

We've pretty much reach the peak of performance. So aesthetics has become the next focus for hardware manufacturers.

How do you call someone that spends the entirety of his time when he's not working at a PC watching animu shit and gaming?
Do you still call it a normie?

No one is compelling your purchase of a chastity case m8. Just buy a Fractal or something.

As long as it has good airflow and space who gives a fuck how it looks?

ricers

This gives me another chance to shill the Nzxt S340.

This is really only an issue with mid and full tower computer cases. SFF cases are generally more tasteful as they don't have room for LEDs and shit although there are exceptions.

Yes

Yes. I never understood that. My PC was always under the table, where I can't see it. Just a fucking huge gray cheap box of steel.