Which programming should I learn from these 3: C#, C++, Java? Which will be the best and why...

Which programming should I learn from these 3: C#, C++, Java? Which will be the best and why? I'm a beginner in programming and know a little bit of C++. But I think that Java will be better to learn because it's used more often. What do you guys think about that?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12082888
tiobe.com/tiobe-index/)
mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to put the link to strawpoll: strawpoll.me/12082888

learn linux programming

Java is a piece of crap that needs to be abandoned. It will teach you basic programming logic, but beyond that it's utter shit.

the one with the cheapest programming books you can find

it will be the most cost effective for your needs, the universe aligned it for you that way

Thats the last thing you want to do. It teaches you how to program for 1 specific system in a non portable way.

But Java is still most popular language (taken from: tiobe.com/tiobe-index/)

I never programmed in C++, but C# is miles better than Java. At least for medium sized projects.

Can you tell me more? Why C# is better?

C++ if you want to make vidya games
C# if you LOVE microsoft
Java if you want to build android apps or write web backends

Anything but fucking JAva

If you don't already know how to program it doesn't matter. If you have an idea of what you want to make its mostly dependent on the language and your platform.

Anyone who tells you one language is the best or another popular language is total shit, probably is a shitty programmer

Visual Studio

>Which programming should I learn from these 3: C#, C++, Java?
From personal experience, C++ would be a "good" starting point.

However, the thing is, by the point you'll be able to do something useful in C++ - you're likely to start hating programming altogether.

It's easy to find a job as a java programmer, so starting there wouldn't be a mistake.

I had started from C# and for me it was a great experience. Microsoft provides a lot of nice things for developers - Pluralsight, VSTS, Azure (I hate Azure tho). Visual Studio is an amazing tool too.
Even if you want into gamedev - you can use C# at least for Unity.

The language itself is pretty nice and relatively easy.

None of them. Start with this if you don't want to become another incompetent fungible cog: mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book.html

I'd rather one of the languages I mentioned

c++ for unreal, c# for unity (can use js, but that isn't recommended), c if ur not a vidya fag

>Nowy obraz mapy bitowej.jpg
oh kurwa

>c++
own gaymen engine, (((fast))) (((performant))) software

>c#
windows

>java
others

c# and java are more or less the same, use them if you want to hack something simple together.

in c++ you will learn more about performance and manual memory management, c#/java is more application focused.

schools teach java because it is available on every platform and all you need to show algorithmic complexity.

Well, I tried to warn you. This is your choice.

C++ will teach you more about how stuff works and is better for muh gaymes if you care about performance.
C# is modern and great if you don't hate Microsoft.
Java is a less modern C# that works everywhere.
Microsoft is opening up C#, though.

I would go for C first. Best 1st language to learn, you can easily go for others afterwards.

Not OP

I'm a newfag looking to get into computer science. Is there anything anyone would recommend for a retard who knows virtually nothing about computers? I know some basics, but I feel like I'm still missing essential knowledge.

If not, why is C the best and what is the best way to learn it

C++.
Because you do not have to learn any other programming language.
If you start with C++, you can do all the classic learning problems people do.
Most of the classical problems is mathematical in nature and this is where the C++ language shines over most other languages.
Then when you have to use another language, you can easily pick it up in less than a day.

i never know what to make with c++. And i dont want to make a vidya game

That doesn't make it best for learning about programming, that only makes it best for commercial usage, meaning its fast to write software in java and sell it quickly, if you are interested in LEARNING how to program start with C, and then move to C++ from there, and then you will know how java is made, so you will know more about java than most employed people who use java regularly.

python

What do you want to make a computer do?
CV, AI and machine learning are good places to start as you can solve a lot of problems that way.

for your first language go either c# or java. they are both good.

c++ is good but not for general purpose programming. it is used for very high performance stuff (video games, some desktop apps, etc) but honestly it is a real pain in the ass for simple beginner stuff.

c# is nicer in many ways to java but it doesnt have as big a community, libraries, etc as java does. visual studio is good but lacks loads of features which you can get with things like resharper extension for VS.

the best java ide is intellij which has a free community version and has basically all the functionality of resharper as the people who make intellij make resharper. they are also working on a c# ide which will come out this year.

anyway flip a coin for c# or java and just go with it.

C# and Java are very very similar.
C++ is super hard but cool.

So the easy path would be:
1. Learn Java
2. Git gud with Java
3. Learn C# if you need it (will no time when you are great in Java)

The noble path would be:
1. Learn C++
2. Learn C++
3. Learn C++

Or let me put it like this:
Being good in C++ is way cooler and will get you better Jobs than Java. But Java is simpler and there are more Java jobs.

Java if you're just starting out and don't intend on continuing

C++ if you're not autistic and want to learn more