My GTX 560 ti crapped out on me, all the sudden it was like an electrical surge caused distortion to the screen...

My GTX 560 ti crapped out on me, all the sudden it was like an electrical surge caused distortion to the screen. I had to use my on-board VGA. Went to Fry's electronics and bought a EVGA GTx 1060 3GB. My PC isn't good... But it's the new card in any way comparable to the 560ti?

They're not comparable at all.

Is the 1060 worse?

This is bait

No, I'm just really fucking stupid about GPUs. No bait. Honest. But I've watched videos and there wasn't really a comparison video between the two.

1060 is basically 2-3x the performance of the 560 TI.

Thank you. I don't know why I'm having to duplicate my posts. But thank you very much.Thank you very much

dont worry, have fun

>3GB meme

Don't tell me you bought the GP106 version. Many keks for you

EVGA GTX 1060 3GB. That's what I bought for my Windows 10 AMD 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM. I have a crap machine, but spending $250 to keep it going for another year or so seems worth it to me. Want to upgrade to a whole new system around 2019

That's so odd, it appears that lots of GTX500 series card have died recently.

Also if you want to future proof get the 6gb version, the 3gb version will still wipe the floor with your current dead card but new games are demanding more and more vram these days.

Sophisticated take down of older email to force the consumers to buy the new hardware with bigger back doors?

Nah, the fermis are kinda shoddy.

Who knows but I've seen a huge increase in fermis with artifacting problems in recent months, most of them have warped PCB's.

They are kinda old, not surprising if they're starting to fail

Yeah but its been like clock work around here, one day they just started coming in.

this must be bait

The stock VRM setup for GF1#4 cards were suspect for awhile. A ton of early 460's blew easily.

Meanwhile my Imagine 128 II still fucking works perfectly. I have it in my server for keks because it's PCI and why not.

hmm that's interesting to know then. The weird thing is that some of them could continue working fine when they weren't loaded, and some could even return to normal after closing down the program that caused the artifacting.

But some would just lock up and lose video signal.

Real bizarre.

My GTX 460 developed artifacting a few months after purchase. You could get rid of them by removing power from it completely and reseating the 6 pins. Then artifacts went poof. I think there is something wrong with the stock VRM design.

GPU's are wiggy fuckin animals.

I had an HD4870 that would do some really bizarre shit. I'd turn on my computer, it'd do the sort of shit in the screenshot with any sort of load, crash the driver, driver would reboot, then it'd function perfectly until another reboot.

I'm pretty sure it was a memory issue, early GDDR5 you know? I still keep it as a backup.

Return it if you can. Your better off getting a 1050 Ti...
Especially since your PC isn't great.

Okay, I'm taking you seriously. You're saying my PC is the even good enough for the 1060, so buy a cheaper 1050 ti which is the best your specs can handle?

Buy cheap card, save up for good upgrade, keep cheap card as backup card