E-ink displays have no lights in them right?

e-ink displays have no lights in them right?

So would an e-ink display like a Kindle or something let me browse Sup Forums without keeping me up with the blue light like my computer does?

I found that staying away from all my screens for 2 hours will let me become tired naturally but if I could just browse Sup Forums on a kindle those hours would go by much faster. Any kindle / e-ink anons have experience?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Kindle-Paperwhite-32GB-Black-White-Manga-Model-2016-Japan-New-/222356741921?var=&hash=item33c57e9f21:m:mJV7R8mr1hTVFI2Qug6Vl4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

use flux?

The tradeoff is that browsing on an e-ink device is hell. I guess if you do nothing but read the front page that's okay.

I already do, both on my PC and phone. Still keeps me awake.

I was assuming that if an e-ink display has no backlight on it, it would have the same effect as a book, just with access to the internet?

Speaking of dumb shit
could i browse 4chin on a Kobo?

Yeah I'm watching some videos of people trying to load webpages on it and it looks like shit

Are there any android e-ink tablets that I could just install chanobol on?

>I was assuming that if an e-ink display has no backlight on it, it would have the same effect as a book, just with access to the internet?
true
some e-readers have a light but it's still reflective, not backlight really, and you can turn it off.

At least my Kindle's built-in frontlight thing seems very similar to monitors in color temperature, so the blue light issue is still there if you use that.

Of course an e-ink device is perfectly usable without the light, so you can use some other light source instead.

the chan looks pretty alright though because it's so low tech
kindle screencap related

its not that bad
i fapped on my kindle before i had a smart phone

The kindle is fine for fapping to images on google images and fine if you turn off the js in the browser settings and are content with slow scrolling, and non-adjustable font size. It is quite comfy for me when there is a good hread around, because I can lay down and read everything. But if you want to reply, remember that everytime you click the post number of a post, the reply box is at the top of the page, and you'll have to scroll the entire way to get it.

Also it'll crap itself and quit the browser if you load a page with more than 400 replies.

Thanks for sharing your experience anons

Now, what's the cheapest piece of shit e-reader that will let me browse Sup Forums? Are these 'special offers' just ads and is there a way around them?

These are the prices of each used from amazon

shall I buy the Kindle Paperwhite? I'll probably use Calibre with it

Unless you're going to sign in with an amazon account amazon can not show you ads.

Go with the paperwhite, and if you have $20 exrta you could cop a japanese 32GB version off off ebay.

Do not use a computer 30 minutes before sleep.

Just buy this, you won't regret it

ebay.com/itm/Kindle-Paperwhite-32GB-Black-White-Manga-Model-2016-Japan-New-/222356741921?var=&hash=item33c57e9f21:m:mJV7R8mr1hTVFI2Qug6Vl4g

I don't have this problem on my iPad Pro. Just turn on "night shift" for warmer colors that don't strain your eyes and then drift off to peacefull sleep.

Paperwhite has white lights. Not good for eyes. Kobo Aura has adjustable temperature.

I don't want lighting of any kind. Does the paperwhite have the option to turn it's backlight completely off? The whole idea here is to have a light-less Sup Forums browsing machine

Light is always on on the paperwhite. Though on its lowest setting you can't tell unless you're in a dark room.

>Not good for eyes
completely false, it's pretty good.

Every new kindle has the backlight, and you can jailbreak it to remove the light, it's pretty simple.

I'd prefer buying a slightly older model without a backlight. The most modding I would bother to do is to buy a "special ads" variant and do something to get around them, but that's about it.

What's the latest kindle with no backlighting in it whatsoever? I'm surprised theres no chink knockoff

Wanna read textbook pdfs
but 6" seems too small
whats good?

Buy a kindle keyboard or the kindle DX, then.

It's not that bad for still images and grayscale, sure.

>300 dpi
so just a regular paperwhite? does it have some other feature or what?

Better at viewing manga, better software, more storage, better at PDFs.

How so?
Obviously not better in quality as it has the same resolution.
Does it refresh the page faster?

>Does it refresh the page faster?
No, it has a better pdf/mobi viewer.

watch some youtube review or something.

oh yeah i watched one, it's literally what i said it updates the page faster

Of course it is similar, because they are using leds, which in their nature are just blue led with a coat of yellow color fluorescent layer. White light produced by leds have quite a high peak in the blue part of spectrum.