>what you see in the red square

Other urls found in this thread:

engineering.instagram.com/bringing-wide-color-to-instagram-5a5481802d7d?gi=c7180c9c2644
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160047
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you.

BenQ GL2450

some kind of a pale rounded square, with the letter O in its centre and a little red dot near the upper right corner

kek

>monitor model
Asus VW193S
>what you see in the red square
The logo of the best social network ever

Samsung UE40ES5500 (television)
And i see a, well... red square

Don't know the model, I see the instagram logo.
My monitor is in my laptop which is a Lenovo Y50-70 UHD. Its [email protected] IPS

>insta-logo.png
gee i wonder

I have a manually calibrated shitty AOC 1080p.

t. poorfag artist

All trolling, there is just a red square... right?

I see it just fine on this old Sharp Aquos tv.

OP here. Thumbnail gave it away. I guess it was too much to hope the 4chin thumbnail generator would be color space aware

>SONY Trinitron
>All I see is OP's swollen asshole.

Check your gamma level.

No its this but in similar shades of red. I'm guessing this is an sRGB test.

iphone test image, wider RGB range.

Tip: they say it works on some androids(mine is a z3c and it works), not because we also have that wide RGB, but

I swear I can see it. Barely, but I can.

Can see he logo crystal clear on my iPhone :)

explanation: engineering.instagram.com/bringing-wide-color-to-instagram-5a5481802d7d?gi=c7180c9c2644

I looked at the image with gamma levels ranging from -3 to 3 and still didnt see anything

Some shitty Samsung laptop
an Instagram logo but only on the thumbnail

AHHH MY EYES!!!

You don't have a big enough colorspace.

OLED STRONK

$100 LCD from like 5 years ago reporting.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824160047
Do I win something?

I have to see the image at a ~70 degree angle (where 0 is right in front of the monitor), but then I can clearly see the square with rounded corner, the circle inside and the dot in the corner.

This shit gave me a migraine btw

That just means your monitor isn't adjusted well.

Why does it have a bunch of jpeg artifacts when it's a PNG?

27" crossover IPS
can see it easily

>ThinkVision LT2452P
>The logo of one of the most cancerous social networks in the world

>I have to see the image at 70ยบ

You need to fix your gamma.

why?

Because it's displaying the correct color space, yet you can't see it.

It is easier to see on my other screen, but I don't really stare at bright images with little variance in them.
If I watch a movie, it is fine, if I stare at text, it is fine.

Works on Moto X Pure

Why does it appear in the thumbnail but not in my browser? Is Sup Forums doing something fucky with the colours?

Too lazy to even look at the thread?

in my shitty 3d tv but on my moto g 2nd gen it's a camera-like logo. I knew my phone screen was way better.

"in my shitty 3d tv it was just a red square" is what I meant of course

I don't understand what's going on...
Fucking colourspaces, how do they work?

works on my nexus 6p

I cn see the square (instagram logo?) in the thumbnail, but not in the fullsized image

No - I mean if my monitor can't display the original, what has Sup Forums done to it so that I can see it in the thumbnail? Surely the thumb should have the same colours.

Ditto, I saw nothing in the full sized image, so I copied it to gimp, which says there is exactly one color. What the fuck.

What magic fuckery is this shit

i can see the details both in thumbnail and full size.
windows 10 and edge just werks.

not necessarily, I'm not entirely sure but I think the thumbnail can end up changed by some scaling algorithm or even be a completely different image if you know your metadata

Instagram logo when looking at thumbnail
Nothing but red after opening it

on firefox i see the instagram image, on chrome its just red.

On my shitty CRT over VGA: A red square.

On my shitty Acer flatscreen over HDMI converted to DVI: A washing machine.

The image is using the DCI-P3 colorspace. Both reds are outside the sRGB colorspace, so they appear as maximum red when converted to it. If you can see the logo that means either:
1) your monitor can display more than sRGB and is properly calibrated to work with expanded colorspaces, or
2) more likely, your system is retarded or miscalibrated, doesn't understand colorspaces properly, and is displaying the pixels directly in your device's colorspace.

same desu

A little more experimenting and I've found that saving the file, then opening in gimp causes it to display correctly.

So, for whatever reason, it seems the browser is fucking up the colors somehow, and copying the image from there into another program keeps the faulty information.

Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop, Instagram logo on thumbnail but red when opened

lmao, on a side note anyone knows of a good software for wangblows to check my monitor's color gamut/range

>2) more likely, your system is retarded or miscalibrated, doesn't understand colorspaces properly, and is displaying the pixels directly in your device's colorspace.
Isn't that a more appropriate way of handle the lack of monitor support, rather than just showing a read square?

You need a colorimeter for that

Why can't a monitor/mobo/gpu measure that?
Shouldn't the technical limitations that are built in be easily read for example by trying to display a colour and seeing if it appears?

Or have trained eyes.

t. calibrated my monitor manually

Is there a way I can check what colour sapce it's using? FFmpeg says it's rgb24 - Can that represent DCI-P3, or is this wrong and it's the same as sRGB?

Displays degrade with use, and there are quality variations in all of them.

Why do we see a shitload of green?

Asus VG248QE. I see the logo.

Nexus 4.
The Instagram logo (I think).
(Round square with circle inside and top right another circle).

Half of that is blue

plants?

>rgb24

That just means it's using 8 bits for each of red, green and blue. Basically that means you have 256 levels for each color, while the colorspace is what decides how red, green and blue 100% is for each of those.

because evolution

I can see it clearly. OnePlus 3

Dell P2416D
Instagram logo

Ah, right, I get you.

And so Paint.net and FFmpeg are just assuming (wrongly) that it's sRGB when opening the file? But chrome is rendering it "correctly" but oversaturating it because I don't have P3 support in my monitor?

Further info, there's some interesting XMP data in the file:

Profile Name : Photoshop ICC profile
[...]
Primary Platform : Apple Computer Inc.
[...]
Red Tone Reproduction Curve : (Binary data 32 bytes, use -b option to extract)
Chromatic Adaptation : 1.04788 0.02292 -0.0502 0.02959 0.99048 -0.01706 -0.00923 0.01508 0.75168
Blue Tone Reproduction Curve : (Binary data 32 bytes, use -b option to extract)
Green Tone Reproduction Curve : (Binary data 32 bytes, use -b option to extract)

[...]
Profile ID : e5bb0e9867bd46cd4bbe446ebd1b7598
Profile Description : Display P3
Profile Copyright : Copyright Apple Inc., 2015
[...]
Creator Tool : Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)

I guess GIMP and FFmpeg must be ignoring that data and assuming it's sRGB, then?

Is this the blue black dress thing again?

I can see it clearly on my Redmi 4 Pro.

Surely if that were screenshotting correctly I wouldn't be able to see the icon, but I can.

So there's something wrong with A: Your screenshot program or B: Your browser.

Asus MG278Q
An icon when thumbnailed, nothing when expanded (probably fucking with PNG double-images)

When I look at the the thumbnail I see an Instagram logo but when I hover over it I just see a red square.

when you say
>copying the image from there
what do you mean? maybe whatever is you're doing is using some screenshot feature external to the browser

Or it's converting the colorspace when it's taking the screenshot.

I expanded the image, then right clicked and chose copy image, and pasted it into gimp.

Which is a problem with the screenshot program - If the image is displayed in P-3, it should be screenshotted in P-3, otherwise you're losing information.

this seems like a interesting problem, I hope someone knows why

maybe something to do with the graphics driver

Try saving the image, then opening it with gimp.

Asus VS239 clearly see IG logo on thumbnail, red square when i open it

because it penetrates deeper into water than red. the eye evolved from aquatic lifeforms.

I did, and it displayed differently as mentioned on the first line here:

Shit, copied the wrong link, I meant here:

iPhone 6s

>Safari

How can you use this shit?

(not him) on iphone and macbooks it isn't shit?

OnePlus 2. Looks like the Instagram logo.

>evolution

Werks on galaxy s5

I'm on firefox on linux and I can see it on both my shit monitor and my korean IPS monitor.

Dell P2715Q
AMD HD7770 (radeon driver)
Instagram Logo.

Dell M49GV E170SC 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor VGA
Nothing

thinkpad L450
instagram logo but red.

Instagram logo.

lg25um58 - bretty shitty IPS screen

>shitty
It's the same panel used in equivalent Dell monitors.
LG panels are typically very good.

A red square.
Playstation 3 Monitor