What's the best laptop on the market and why is it the XPS 13?

What's the best laptop on the market and why is it the XPS 13?

why? why is it OP?

macbook pro with retina display

Can't beat this bad boy

do you get paid for shilling your shit to a bunch of animu lovers?

I'm just looking for a good laptop for school.

>no clit mouse
into the trash it goes.

A powerful smartphone is better than any laptop.

its a fantastic laptop but way overpriced as literally everything else

nipple mouse and better keyboard are the only things im missing on my xps 13

X220.

I dread to think what Linux is like on one of them new fangled high res displays with touch technology.

Unfortunately the first is a complete and total dealbreaker if not there and the second is probably one of the most important consideration.
Little else really matters about a laptop. Its not like im gonna watch shows or view art or play games on one, I have a desktop or a TV screen for that.

yeah. however portability and battery life i prioritised higher than the nipple because i travel every other week and i couldnt really find a laptop that had those and a good keyboard
i would still not consider the keyboard a dealbreaker since i do most of my work on a desktop still, but if you're going to use the laptop as a daily driver its better to go with a second hand thinkpad

>base clock 1.3 boost to 1.6
AHAHAHAHAHA no.

I got the non touch on sale with the 256gb 7200u for $900 with tax, minus another $20 discount through my job. I feel like for $880 it's a great laptop. For $1100+, maybe.

Only issue I have been having with my XPS 13 is it will start randomly waking up from sleep and killing the battery. When it does this, I can press the power button (to tell it to sleep) and it will wake right back up. It will also restart from a shutdown.

A temporary fix is to hold down the power button to completely turn it off, and then it is OK for a while, but it eventually does it again.

Updated BIOS, Windows updated, disabled hibernation, turned off fast boot/fast wake/smart boot or whatever it is called, and I turned off all the wake options in the network card drivers... Showing wake event will list the times it woke, but no details on what made it wake up.

Something could be preventing your machine from fulling shutting down or you hardware is super sensitive

are the new thinkpads any good? I want to try a t460s but I can only buy it online where I live. As long as the display isnt thinkpad tier I'll probably buy.

>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer

you're clearly the exception though
why bother saying what you got it for when the normal price is like $1300?

>why is it the XPS 13?
because the new X1 carbon isn't out yet?

First of all
>school
second
>looking for something by praising it as the best
?

Get that dank surface book broohh

I could not buy this laptop based purely on the keyboard.
It's even worse than Macbook keyboards.

Because it's the best looking.