So what exactly is wrong with mac os?

So what exactly is wrong with mac os?

nothing

everything

>mac
Found your problem.

Where's the Startâ„¢ button?

it's tied to shitty hardware

It's not for the Sup Forums demographic.

That's about it. Sup Forums is too full of shit to understand what most people actually need, or what actually matters, so anything that goes against their freedoms to tweak things to their liking, is inherently bad.

Nothing wrong with the with the OS, i think it is ideal for hackers , it's a POSIX complainant Unix like environment without the autism of Linux.

getting shitter day by day thanks to Tim "massive faggot" Cuck. In 2020 there won't be macOS anymore, instead you'll have iOS Enterprise

it's not gentoo

>it's a POSIX complainant Unix like environment
let's get real; this is utterly irrelevant in the age of Docker environments

Not much, really. It's actually kind of funny that the computer that Sup Forums purports to be exclusively for the computer illiterate that are too dangerously stupid to be trusted with a "real" computer is now the only computer you can actually go and buy off a shelf that allows you to decline updates out of the box.

>Proprietary & closed source
>Avoids supporting sane open standards, instead uses apple's own retardeded version of everything.
>Shitty file system
>Bloated as fuck

Good luck with the botnet

This might look like a shitpost but it's actually true. It's obvious that Apple doesn't care about the Mac line anymore.

I'll jump ship to Ganoo Lincux when my current MBP croaks.

>who gives a fuck
>what is USB-C
>I'll give you HFS+, but it's getting sunsetted this year
>who gives a fuck

Seriously. You idiots rant and rave about Apple implementing proprietary *everything*, and then, when they implement USB-C -- an awesome, open standard that's obviously the future of ports -- you complain about dongles.

Come back when they have a proper file system, then we'll talk.

Sup Forums is like fucking Islam , used to be like moderate and now it's like fucking driving trucks through people. Man. Ever thought I'd say this but I miss those "the 3.5 mm audio jack is the only reason phones are this thick" threads

Right click still isn't enabled by default. Seriously, fuck Apple's "natural gestures" right click is natural fags.

>I want muh Apple circlejerk safespace!

I don't think he's asking for a "safe space", I think he just wants people to speak in good faith and actually say things that are true, instead of making shit up.

This, for instance, is not what happens in Sierra at the present time. A 'Merge' button is present, along with the 'Stop' and 'Replace' button, when it is applicable (i.e. when you're trying to merge folders). I would know. I just modded my 3DS, and holy fuck, did I have to merge folders a lot.

It's a dying operating system. Some key syscalls are broken. Metal has serious glitches on MacOS. There's been no increase in OpenGL support to make up for it. And to top it off they're still using a totally shit filesystem although they have plans to change that soon.

Also brew is a total piece of shit package manager. Maybe macports or fink are better. Anyone know?

Zip, zero, zilch. It's Linux but with more polishing than any indie dev could ever manage. People hate on it because of walled garden hardware.

>t. mactoddler

Hiding the option by default that you normally want.
Applel truly is courageous.

I don't have to hold shit, I get it every time I merge folders.

>wow mac is totally for toddlers and grandpas
>wow this option isn't totally in your face mac is hard and retarded
which is it?

I dunno, I haven't kept up with the latest claims made by angry people on the internet.

linux is tarded'

>and if i cant?
stopped reading right there

>t. mactoddler

made by and for faggots. All faggots must die.

thistbqhwyfamalam

this

and apple keep fucking with it and bring in more ios bullshit

i think it peaked a few versions ago desu

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

>anything that goes against their freedoms to tweak things to their liking, is inherently bad
of course it is you fagtron
>google images "hackathon"
>macs everywhere
>you have to hack your laptop first lads, you lose

Faggots are alright. Trannies on the other hand...

Its not FOSS
OpenGL is old
OpenGL performance is shit
Cocoa theming died after Yosemite (you can still rice it though)
No (working, non-bugged) write support for NTFS and no support at all for EXT4
iTunes doesn't play FLAC

Those are the flaws for me. Its still the most stable and best looking system OOTB I've ever used.

It's not ElementaryOS

>Barely any good applications runs on it
>Window management is garbage
>No right click by default

I guess it's cool if you just wanna show off at Starbucks I guess...

Mostly that the highly autistic child who comes into every man thread and posts

t.mactoddler

Doesn't like them. It has completely changed my op pinion of Macs and I hate the now for no particular reason.

Thank you Autismo.

Opps didn't see you there autismo. Sorry I missed your post.

>*nix like
>also injects apple's shit into what would be a fine os
3/10

>used to be like moderate

Yeah, conquering all of North Africa sure is moderate.

>2nd place by good applications
>can install alternative window managers
>there is right click by default

Outdated opengl
Nobody gives a shit about metal
No pci passthought
It cant be used inside a vm
No zfs
Useless appstore

> ITT: not using plan9 & programming in C

Macs are trendy. The only thing I'll give them is Homebrew
> yes, i know about apt-get

If you're programming, unless you're doing .NET/C# you can do pretty much everything else in Linux

If you want a mega-gaming/entertainment machine, go Windows.

If you want ease of use, Windows... every bank, police station, etc uses it (except France, shocker)... also... my 70 year old mum has this little Acer boo I bought her, she can touch the screen and shit + type on a real keyboard. Good value for money.

> value for money
MacBook Air is like $1000US

/thread

it's fucking stupid as shit and its users don't know how to use computers

It's basically Unix for people with jobs. A nice pretty GUI and solid FreeBSD userland and it becomes even more useful once you install macports and X11. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of configuring BSD or the chaos of Linux, macOS is basically your only choice. Well except that it's tied to Apple hardware, that's pretty shitty, but these days making an Intel/Nvidia hackintosh is pretty simple. Also they seem to be intent on slowly chipping away at the useful tools (disabling root by default for one), and while generally this stuff can be added back, it's a troubling trend that I can only see ending in them locking it down like iOS. Shame because it's honestly not bad.

Snow Leopard was the best version

>t. mactoddler

>t. shitposter

>t. mactoddler