Is the RX 480 the best budget and price for performance graphics card on the PC market?

Is the RX 480 the best budget and price for performance graphics card on the PC market?

yes, buy two of them!

Wow, thanks user!

yes

yes. also AMD has been pushing new drivers like crazy.

yes

yes

Unironically yes.

What about the 1050ti?

Not even close.

Garbage, the nearest Nvidia card to the 480 is actually the 1060 (not the 3gb), and the 480 is the better card in both price and performance.

Yes, and RX470 is even better in terms of price/perfomance ratio.

Getting either a RX480 or a GTX 1060 is a coin-flip decision.

Explain fellow user, I want to know since I plan to buy the RX 480 for my future PC.

Both cards can have shit-tier binning. But at least ayymd does not gimp their cards in a year.

He was talking about price/performance ratio, which is topic of this thread. Still 480 beats 1050 Ti when it comes to that, not only in sheer powah.
Only slightly. It's still better to pick 480 over 470 if budget isn't too tight.
Coin flip my ass on 3 GB card. 1060 is good in 6GB variant and it's too expensive in this version. 480 4GB is enough, while 3GB 1060 sucks monkey dick.

1050 Ti is the best option for when you don't already have a decent/good/great power supply.

was playing doom at work today on my 1050 Ti on ultra @ 1680x1050 never went below 60 fps. works in any computer made since the pcie slot was invented.

actually the 1050 is the true bang for the buck king when you factor in the power supply, but you get into the 'might as well spend just a bit more' game.

oh did i mention the retarded overclocks i got on my 1050 Ti? it's basically limited by it's wattage and never goes above 63 C. got enough to gain about 6 fps on unigine heaven on ultra/2xAA/normal tesselation @ 1080p. i forget the clocks but i'll get back to you on that.

the RX 470 is technically the best performance per dollar, but it's worth spending a bit more for a 4gb 480

Price/performance
480 4GB > 470 4GB > 1050 > 460 > 1060 6GB > 1050 Ti > 1060 3GB

the 470 is better price performance, but its hard to argue against 8gb, especially if you are going to keep the card a generation or two.

It seems like most of the effects that will tank game performance that will be coming down the line will either be held back for 4k, or will be disableable in settings due to how demanding those settings are in real world.

Shit, can't do 60fps@1080p with high-ultra settings, needs to run at medium to be stable, and won't scale with DX12/Vulkan like the RX 470

BUT WAIT, which version is better the 8GB or 4GB version?

R9 290 is cheaper and performs better you dumbasses

8GB is slightly faster but 4GB is much cheaper

>housefire that requires a nuclear power plant to use
no thanks

>Nvidia
AMD is the way to go for the next 2 years

Why is obvious AMD shilling ignored, but as soon as someone mentions nvidia or intel they're called a shill?

Yes. While expensive at $250 after rebate, try to grab the XFX GTR version with lower clocks, it's apparently better binned to a 95W TDP.

I love how clean and non-gaymen the design is.

>dat resistor

So what would this be used for in exactly?

>nvidiot can't handle the truth

Price/performance is a terrible metric for video cards

I just wait till a hurricane comes then scalp a newish gaymen pc off someone who can barely afford to evacuate. Then i wait the huricane out with a box of mres.

Works pretty well. Considering hurricanes happem every year so i can upgrade pretty often.

I am literally concerned about this shit due to me currently using a trash windows 10 locked lenovo laptop and seeking a good build for my replacement PC, but you Nvidiots never get it.

Isn't the 1060 a much better overclocker?

It looks like it was made as a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a regular size resistor inside. A resistor of that value and and apparent power rating might be useful as a dummy load. When you test a high power transmitter and don't want to transmit a signal you need something to act as the load. A big resistor is what you need. 50 ohms is the normal value for that. Most dummy loads I see for amateur radio use are basically resistors inside a paint can filled with oil. You can put 1.5kW into them.

it's an excellent metric, it shows the bell curve of where the best performance for the money is.

50 dollar card a shit if new, ok if used
100 dollar card not bad/ good if used
150 dollar card good/ great if used
200 dollar card good/ excellent if used high end
250 dollar card diminishing returns
300 dollar card + significantly diminishing returns

You're using price/performance to sketch out a broad trend across all cards. OP is just flat out claiming the RX 480 is the best while ignoring all the different variables and vast price variances that exist. Honestly, I couldn't definitively say whether the 1060 or the 480 is the better price/permanence card, or call any single card the best. It depends on your needs and the specific prices available to you at the time you're looking to buy.

>Can get a used Fury for the same price as an RX 480 right now

i5 4440
1050 Ti
doom on vulcan 55-90 fps ultra 1080p (upped to 16x AF from default 8x on ultra preset).

yes i know doom runs really well.

will report back with TW3 results, gotta swap the files from my main pc.

I would of bought this even tho I dont live in the USA. Still worth the price.

not really. since launch the 480 has beaten the 1060 in quite a few benchmarks which should only get better over time. liked my first 480 so much i bought a second one.

TW3 on stock speed gigabyte dual fan 1050Ti

most intensive outside world area with trees swaying
ultra with AA
hairworks low/2X
postprocessing set to HIGH and forced HBAO+ instead of SSAO
1080p
28-34 fps

1680x1050 - 36
1600x900 - 39
1280x720 - 45

settings to HIGH with same hairworks 1080p - 46 fps

i'm spoiled with 1440p 60+ on my main pc but this is definitely playable and a considerable step up from consoles.

the fury fire sale is pretty great, buy two of them and you can probably 4k60 ultra TW3 if your cpu can keep up.

Yeah. Just ordered a 4gb Saphire Nitro for $180 to replace my artifacting 7970 (bad fan).

Not even close m8. 1050ti is like 30 to 40 % slower than the RX 470.

As a 1060 6GB owner, I say yes it is.
I'm satisfied with my card, at least for now that nvidia isn't releasing driver to gimp it, but on the future we know that's gonna happen.
Just don't buy the one in your pic if you don't want your PCI slot melting.

Side question: bought the one pic related at 306€ Have i fucked up?

nah its a good card, youll be set for years if you keep it at 1080p

>be europoor
>acceptable 480s cost up to 320 Euro
>GTX 1060s go for 300

fuck this shit

Same. I don't know what the fuck AMD is doing.

>(bad fan).
you can easily and cheaper replace this...

No, that's not the GTX 1060 6 GB.
I got it at €289 months ago, when RX480 wasn't available anywhere in my country for less than €350.
I'd rather not be cucked by Indians.

sexual reproduction.

AMD has no control over prices, especially outside of the US

TFW got an OEM version of the RX480 GamingX for 260€ when stores sell the normal version for 320€.

If you live in the states, yeah, if you live elsewhere that is buttfucked by import taxes and other shit taxes, then no.

The GTX 1050/TI is hands down the most powerful GPU you can buy that doesn't need an external 6PIN, and you will pay a premium for that, just like the 750TI when it came out and the GTX 950 6pin-less green edition.

not OP. but I would consider one of those if my psu could handle it and if it did not have a bad rep for coil whine.

I have a 1060 myself but at that price you might as well spend a little bit more and get a 470 over the 1050ti.
470 wins and this is coming from a Nvidia fanboy

CrossFire and SLI are shit. Just wait for Vega if you want to spend more.

RX480 is still better

>psu can't handle 175w gpu
wtf kind of shit psu do you have user?

>Buying aloha snackbar no drivers poojet cards (because jets drop poo in india)

>not Strix or TwinFrozr
too loud

Most people just assume its poor trolling and ignore the bait.

>France
>RX480 8GB at 250 euros.

Is it that expensive compared to the country of god emperor?

In germoney
>GTX 1050 Ti starts at 189 euro shekels
>Radeon RX 480 8 GB starts at 299 euro shekels
>GTX 1060 6 GB starts at 379 euro shekels
Fucking jews man...

no, that's the 470

the 480 is the best mid-high end card

359GBP for ASUS STRIX ROG GTX1070
good deal??

which one Sup Forums?

>AMD shilling
Wut.

depends on the games you want to play and who they're sponsored buy

>2015
>all major AAA games are nvidia sponsored
>1060 has ~12% lead

>2016
>most major AAA games are dx12 or amd sponsored or are just straight up console ports from amd hardware
>480 has ~2% lead

hardwareunboxed did a good video on it.

>$400 is budget now
What happened to graphics card prices? Entry level cards used to be $100 and budget cards $150-200

Easily the 480. The 480 competes with the 1070, not the 1060.

1050Ti < 470 < 1060 < 480 ≈ 1070 < 1080

1070 is around 70% faster than fury x, and fury x is faster than rx480, so it doesn't

Nvidia and their retarded consumers happened. I blame the first Titan for all of this and AMD's blunders despite rolling out great cards in Tahiti and Hawaii.

>The 480 competes with the 1070, not the 1060.
>1070 is around 70% faster than fury x

Niggas what the fuck are you smoking.

>housefires
>great

480RX is literally a glorified 970.

shit performance/$. Only relevant for ultra small form factor or HTPC builds

WELL OF COURSE IT IS!*

* - Terms and conditions apply. Please when promoting 480 RX remember to don't review DX11 games, ignore any OC potential of Nvidia cards and claim that 480 RX is $50 cheaper than 1060 while providing benchmarks of the most expensive model that doesn't thermal throttle itself.

Yes, and? It's one of the best selling cards ever but it was still over $300. I bought one two years ago for $240 after selling the shit bundled game so I got a good deal. The others had to pay somewhere in the realm of $100 more for it.

Who the fuck cares about DX11 performance unless you upgrade once a year?

thats a huge as resistor

shit changed man, the amd driver meme worked, look up some newer benchmarks

there is so much fanboying that i dont know what is real anymore.

But the 1060 is better...

even adored tv, the ultimate amd fanboy, has given up on amd. everyone you see here is just on full damage control mode.

480, mostly because
>ASUS

>Have i fucked up?
Kind of. The 1060 is a good card but if you saved some more you could have gotten a 1070

is the "AMD finewine" thing real?

i have a computer already build. with a new i5-7600k and waiting until Neir Automata comes out before getting a gpu. i could get a gtx 1070 now but AMD is being such a teasing Cunt. And i dont know if there is any point in waiting. is their Software support a value added or over hyped by a fanbase looking for excuses for their purchase. BEcause if they are great at supporting their products and make a gpu for the same price and power as the 1070, with a longer life span being relevant, then I would get AMD's gpu.

but i dont want an unstable power hungry inefficient house fire that only runs Doom and Hitman....

You're both retraded

but the 480 is superior

that fine wine garbage is deluded fangirls twisting the fact that it takes amd like 2 years to finally tap the full potential of the gpu and making out like it's a good thing. it is known amd always has the beefier specs but the performance never lives up to the hardware specs until way after release whereas with nvidia they have less cores and shit but the cards are extremely efficient in the way they work and also because of drivers.

480. But go for a better 480 if you can afford it; the Nitro isn't that loud but it is louder than the others.

This question isn't answerable with out one specific game or a list of them. For the games I play the 1060 6gb running at 2150mhz and +400 memory clock is far faster than a rx 480 around 1350 or 1400mhz. Like 20 fps faster. The problem with graphic card debates is that you're trying to prove a point you haven't clearly stated. Is the rx 480 the best bang for buck card for this game that game and that game is what you should be asking because it's a question that can be answered with actual data

i dont really mind volume. but i think ill get the nitro. im really stretching my budget already.

when will this meme die?

sli and crossfire are the only solution when one high end gpu won't get the job done. if a game can't take advantage of it it's not the fault of having two gpu's, it's the fault of the developers.

pic somewhat related, my 1050 Ti. was $144 shipped from newegg a month ago.

they were joking you autist

>blow fan

fuck asus and their shitty ass phones that fucking brick if you plug usb into computer god damn jew firmware shit

it's because the pee see mustard race goes "muh crossfire rx480 is the same as a 1080 in memes of the singularity" without realizing most games don't support multi gpu set ups and two gpus don't do twice as well as a singly gpu in game

>implying strix isn't just a 980 ti cooler slapped onto a fury
>implying an msi fury exists