IT thread

Have a job interview at 10:30 for this student job tomorrow, what do?

Other urls found in this thread:

engr.udel.edu/it-hdi
uwaterloo.ca/co-operative-education/hourly-earnings-information-january-december-2015
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Rate: $10.100-$15.00/hr

not OP, but yeah. It's a student job, so you're really there to earn the work experience which is its own payment.

Not post about it on Sup Forums.

JEJ

>It's a student job, so you're really there to earn the work experience which is its own payment.
The the goyest thing I've read all day.

nice meme

I'm taking it because its better than my $9 per hour Wal-Mart shithole job

Not him, but what do you guys do for work?

i professionally laugh at you.

I'm not a jew or a puppet, but work experience is valuable.
BTW I was curious about the redacted URL's and I think the second one where the application is was originally: engr.udel.edu/it-hdi

Email the contact ([email protected]) and explain how the applicant who is due to show up at 10:30am is unsure of his/her qualifications.

I'm not saying that OP shouldn't take the job, I don't even know if it's much where he lives, but that mentality is fucking stupid.

>Forgets it's like an internship

Getting paid for an internship? Never heard about that here. Your payment is the experience.

College dropout, software developer, 90k in flyover state

not even kidding

made me kek

everyone on Sup Forums is an engineer who makes 200k

215, but yeah

my internship paid $20/hour plus $1500 for relocation for the summer

Looks like an easy "nerdy secretary/helper" style job. Reading the job description, if you can google "how to install printer", then you should be fine.

-Shower, brush teeth, dress nicely
-Show up to the interview on time
-Be polite, do not be a sociopath
-Have an IQ above 60

With the above, you will have the job.

University of Delaware eh?
Good luck OP

T-thanks I know the tech stuff just shit like everyone else at interviews

Walk in, get job. Seriously. If not,
Study the topics tonight. They are very simple and can be studied in a night. Learn the buzzwords and basic information. If you hit a roadblock, explain how you would find the information. That easy.
That being said, you shouldn't have a hard time if you have any experience doing anything on Windows. Osx is a bitch for everyone(proper printer/email configuration) so don't worry about it.

that's not a summer internship but work study, fagtron.

his "work" will likely involve swapping out mice, keyboards, and loading paper into the printer.

Pretty easy job interview. If you are asked to describe your qualifications, keep it simple and gauge how much they want to know.

that's not bad for almost entirely unskilled work, depending on the cost of living in your area.

it's pretty standard in the computer field, at least in north america.

This university has a spreadsheet of how much people are getting paid:
uwaterloo.ca/co-operative-education/hourly-earnings-information-january-december-2015

Just got my OSCP and had a penetration testing position interview today (second one for the company so good sign) but have no idea how I should take these things.

Both interviews were compeltely technical in nature and I did fairly well and was told as much, hence the second interview.

But at the end it was just a straightfaced 'Okay user great to talk to you and we will be back to you in a couple of weeks with a yes or a no'. Is this normal or if I did good would they have just told me I did and offer job asap or what? Do they have to go BACK through HR to offer a job?

$10-$15/hr isn't bad, but did you see the ITAR requirement? Yeah, no. Just, no.

The last time I did anything ITAR regulated I made 6 figures.

It's how I started. I ended getting paid 13 bucks an hour, 4 years afterward I make 45 bucks an hour.

Better than geeksquad and sounds much easier too

doing what?

I see that on the description but what does ITAR mean in a university setting?

>Is this normal or if I did good would they have just told me I did and offer job asap or what?
They probably would have told you instantly if you weren't (any) good fit for the position, to not waste yours and the company's time. It's pretty normal that they say that yeah, but when I applied for temp/student jobs they got back to me within a week or two. They probably have other candidates lined up as well.

i hate it when they make you wait forever, i have had people call me back a month later telling me I got the job (I already got a worse job by then to pay the bills)