The vast majority of laptops do not have glass trackpads...

The vast majority of laptops do not have glass trackpads. Off the top of my head there's no more than 5 laptops which do. Why do manufacturers continue to make laptops with fucking plastic trackpads which after 6 months of use start to feel like rubber or vinyl? Is it really that hard to include glass trackpads? Apple have been doing it since 2008.

I bought a ThinkPad, a new one, about 1 year ago now and already the textured trackpad lost its texture and is now just shiny and has a lot of friction. Its a terrible user experience. The clitmouse isn't amazing either. Its usually buggy and its self calibration seems to happen way too often. Its not usable for more than a few seconds at a time.

I won't even get on to plastic chassis laptops, that's a clear money saving issue because CNC machining isn't cheap. Plastic wrist rests start to look shit after about 6 months, specially on a black laptop like this ThinkPad. I can't imagine a glass textured mouse costs that much to include though.

nice blog

Do people really use touchpads? I feel like a retard when I try to use one.

Wireles mouse always. touchpads are cancer

you are cancer.
Touchpads can be really great

My Dell Insipirion 2in1, has a shit trackpad I got it 4 months ago and the texture of the trackpad is gritty as fuck and isn't smooth.

Once OEM's put glass trackpads in their laptops Mactoddlers will go "Oh this isn't all that bad after all!"

Dear retard,
just buy a piece of cheap chink "plastic" tempered glass with oleophobic coatingfor in the width / size you need, cut it, trim it and stick it to a well cleaned trackpad. Works for me. Fits perfectly, cause I took my sweet time in cutting it properly, and it is perfect.

So, fuck you, spina bifida! Where there is a will, there is a way.

HP Chromebook 14
your argument is invalid.

touchpads were designed for teenage girls to browse facebook, use a real peripheral faggot

My Surface Pro 4 has a glass touchpad and it sucks. The plastic one with the grip tape sticker on my T420s is vastly superior. The touchpad is seriously the reason I'm thinking about taking this thing back to Costco and consigning myself to staring at the shitty screen on my Thinkpad until the end of time.

Teflon >>>>>>>>> Glass

I know consumer-grade laptops get a lot of hate here but I've had this for 4 years and I've realized the touchpad feel is amazing. It's comparable to a MacBook.

Get a macbook pro faggot
even a 2014 is pretty affordable and fast enough for you to browse Sup Forums

The dell chromebook 13 is the cheapest laptop that comes with a glass trackpad i think.

>t. mactoddler

This is going to change.

T-thanks Microsoft

Glass doesn't mean anything when they underlying technology is fucking shit.

I've got a Surface Pro 4 too and I disagree. I really like the trackpad. The glass surface is smooth, although the button may be too rigid considering the relatively flimsy cover (versus a normal laptop).

But where I really think it excels is the software. Microsoft just put out some great drivers for a decent, albeit somewhat small, trackpad.

>do people use laptops as laptops?

Not everyone uses a laptop at a desk. A good trackpad for anything not to do with photo editing is better than an external mouse.

>touchpads were designed for teenage girls to browse facebook

This is tryhard reaching. Touchpads have been in consumer laptops since 1994 you fucking retard. Its the most obvious and best place to put a pointing device on a laptop.

Based MS.

This isn't a fucking Apple hate sperging thread you autistic cunt. Stop looking for any excuse to post this shit over and over. I do not give a single fuck about Mac computers. Let me repeat that, I do not give a single fuck about Mac computers. All I want is a ThinkPad which has a decent mouse. Fuck off with your Mac shit faggot.

>Its the most obvious and best place to put a pointing device on a laptop.
Wrong.

>Using Mac meme.

How old are you, 12?

Yeah, excellent way to argue your point. An early 90s machine that did it once never to be done again. Clearly, that was the correct choice and people loved it so much it was never used again.

Retarded fuck. Anything after the millennium?

>touchpads
Trackpoint master race.

>he thinks macs only added glass touchpads in 2011
nigger learn to do a little research

fucking finally

>textured trackpad
>glass trackpad
eww

>t. mactoddler

I miss these smooth trackpads
The textured ones fucking suck and wear off really quickly

>Using Mac meme.

How old are you, 12?

trackpads are cancer

any thinkpad with a trackpoint has a better than decent mouse

US
Patent
System

Yes, the law would let you patent a wood door.

>The worlds biggest economy also has the most retarded laws

Please dear god kill me already

Try moving one pixel at a time with a trakpoint. You cannot. It can only do broad movements. Its simply an inferior pointing device which was necessary before trackpads were commercially made. It has its uses sometimes, its not totally useless, but if that was my sole method of using a mouse I would need an external mouse.

What the fuck does anything I said have to do with Macs? Are you braindead? I am a macfag because I want a mouse on a laptop, not some fucking trackball on the right side?

That's pretty fucking nice actually senpai.

It's strange how insensible and stiff the new thinkpads trackpoint is when compared to the ancient toshiba ones that I've used. Maybe because those used the old, rough trackpoint caps?

pics or liar

My 2008 macbook has a glass trackpad.

>I won't even get on to plastic chassis laptops, that's a clear money saving issue because CNC machining isn't cheap. Plastic wrist rests start to look shit after about 6 months, specially on a black laptop like this ThinkPad.

ok

seriously? I bought a TOUCHSCREEN laptop. I TOUCH the SCREEN to do everything. mice are for cancer

replace the ticker learn to use nipple

>That pitting
Were you fucking with gallium or something?

>you must've used it wrong
>t. mactoddler

Nah I'm not even a macfag, I've just never seen one pitting like that.

Is salty sweat really all it takes to pit a macbook surface?

Well you weren't using it right that's for sure.

hp has great touchpads in their elitebook line

Why would anyone want a glass trackpad?

That's completely beyond me. Why would people even use the trackpad when they can avoid it?

Top kek

>2017
>He still hasn't used an Apple Trackpad under macOS