Internet has been out since before Christmas

>internet has been out since before Christmas
>end date keeps getting extended
FUCKING TELSTRA REEEEEEEEEE

>living in Bendigo when you could be sitting in glorious Melbourne traffic for hours a day and paying $1,000,000 for a filthy shoebox apartment.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>straya
kys

Fuck Melbourne, I'm there for uni.
Rent is stupid high, minorities all over the place and the weather won't fucking clam down.

Did Ben discover a dingo in your area?

Come down to tassie we have NBN :^)

This is about the 5 fucking time they've extended the dead-line.
I swear to god Telstra, if you don't get your shit together I'm going to be really mad.

choose another ISP then fucktard

Can somebody tell me one good thing that they've done throughout the years?

Can't, I'm renting a room and the landlord won't do shit.

Lol cause telstra cares about its customers

>renting a room/apartment
>2017

step up nigga

Nah, I'm only going to be here for half a year for work.
Just pissed at the incompetence of Telstra. They won't even tell me what they're doing. I pray to god I'll end up with decent internet after this. But knowing Australia it'll be sub 4mbps.

Atleast your isp has a website you faggot.

>litterally call my isp cause I spend so much time on the net I know when shit is going down.
> it nothing yo
>day later it shits and get a auto call
>you spend so much time on the net you know the warning signs of the infrastructure collapsing before the isp

I like Optus.

similar here, net was out for 2 weeks. this is why i dont get why everything is getting privatised. answer me lads, is nbn gov owned? still dont have it yet though

wtf i love australia now

>Our goal is for every household and business to have access to broadband with a download data rate of between 25 and 100 megabits per second by late 2016.

Won't do shit anyways if Telstra owns the lines.

NBN is government owned, yes. The idea is to remove the privatization.

i.e. Your other service providers aren't slaved to Telstra or Optus or whoever installed the lines first. Instead, they have to go through a government entity.

i.e. Whatever provider you choose, fixing problems that arise is going to take longer because your ISP has to pass its problem on to NBNco, which then passes it on to the technician team, which then fixes the problem, which then tells NBNco, which then tells your ISP its fixed.

But it means every ISP has even ground for speed and quality. Which is probably a good trade-off

THEN WHO WAS POST?

Not as bad as literally having NBN (FTTN) which drops out every 10 minutes during peak usage times

To top it off the next suburb over has FTTP

What did I do to deserve this

GAS THE ABBOS
EMU-WAR NOW!

Whoever turned FTTP into FTTN needs to get shot.

I'm in the states and have FTTP. No data caps, and very good speeds for the price.

GAS THE ABBOS
EMU-WAR NOW!

kek, well the ping is shit, but not too bad.

Fixed wireless NBN a shit it tops out at 50mbit theoretically and I can barely get 25mbit and no fttn or fttp overbuild.

Ive been stuck on this since 2014 life is suffering.

Ffs ADSL2+ and docsis3.x was faster and those are fucking old as fuck.

Now finally we get vdsl a decade late and its worse than the old copper and cable based net it replaces.

Just fuck my internet up mates oh well at least it's unlimited and not censored

Never had a problem with my internet

>at 50mbit theoretically and I can barely get 25mbit and no fttn or fttp overbuild.
that's upsetting.

My ISP in the US provisions 2.4gbps download and 1.2gbps upload per 64 households. With a maximum of 500/500mbps package available (I have 150/150mbps)

So the maximum theoretical download I can be throttled to (due to congestion) is ~37mbps and ~19mbps upload.

This is just due to how my ISP does their fiber rollout.

They also apparently have plans in the works for a ~2020 upgrade to a 40gbps download and 10gbps upload per 64 households.
This would allow them to offer 2.5/2.5gbps plans or even higher.

Why the fuck Aus decided to gut the NBN is beyond me.

Yeah but you clearly have a problem with your brain, since you're taking picture of your screen and posting it on Sup Forums.

Shit I really feel bad for you aussies, I thought your country was going to roll out 100mbps fiber nationwide? Whatever happened to that goal?

maybe he's not allowed to take a shit on the floor

Jelly maori detected

what isp?

They were promised FTTP (fiber to the premises), which is hooking each house up to the Fiber backbone and using a local ONT to convert the fiber signal into a coaxial, ethernet, etc connection for use in your home.

However in I think ~2013 or so when the new government took over they decided to nix FTTP and instead start doing FTTN (fiber to the node) which means there is a local node connected to the fiber backbone, then copper or wireless to your house. Obviously FTTN is not nearly as fast as FTTP, isn't able to be upgraded as easily, and is simply a bit cheaper to build.

So they basically decided to reduce upfront costs while fucking any possible future upgrades :D

Verizon FiOS.

its so much better, privatisation benefits very few people. i dont get why nbnco doesn't just rent straight to civs

so does anyone new get fttp? fttn seems like utter shit since its not even fibre really

I don't believe so no. Though the closer you are to a node the faster your connection will likely be.

whats even the point then, if you're going to update an infrastructure at least make it so its somewhat current / future proof instead of already out dated. i was shocked when i had family boasting about 30/10 connections when i lived in korea

Yup, sure it's an upgrade from the garbage 1-4mbps most of them are stuck on currently.

But they were promised fiber, and FTTN really isn't that.

No you don't

They were the NBN trial, so yeah they do.

the places that need it least got it first