What microphones do Sup Forums own? What do you recommend for someone who uses voice chat a lot?

What microphones do Sup Forums own? What do you recommend for someone who uses voice chat a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA27C3GX0389
youtube.com/watch?v=ucicsFlnpWs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

literally any chink 15 dollar microphone will do for voice chat, i use this one. newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA27C3GX0389

>voice chat

you don't need a good microphone

I have a cheap on that plugs into the microphone port on my PC. People tell me I sound terrible.

could be coil whine

Like ten years ago someone gave me a Worst Buy gift card for my birthday and I bought a webcam with it. The mic is more than good enough for voice chat.

>coil whine
How do I remedy this. I assume it is to do with the motherboard. I was planning to buy a usb microphone to fix the problem

I run 2x bm 800 to have stereo sound for voice-chat connected to external card for no added noise
people love it.

which sound card?

It actually does not matter because same sound cards are rebranded in each country with same chip-set .This is some I-tec that you can probably buy only in germany and czech republic but pretty much all 7.1 sound cards under 75$ use same chipset .
If you want something good,build it yourself.
Otherwise get ready to pay like 4000$ for incremental upgrade.

>spending less than $100 on a microphone
it's like you want to sound like shit

Logitech's address pretty good and inexpensive.

H340
Clearchat Comfort

I use a Blue Snowball.
I got rid of that shitty stand it comes with and got a swing arm that latches onto my desk.
Only use it for voip, don't do any recording whatsoever

I'd like to know as well. I bought this thinking that it would be at least acceptable for mumble and such but it's outright terrible. You have to talk really loud right next to it for it to pick up anything.

I have a Yeti. It's alright. Snowball is fine. AT2020 is good too.

$10 BM-800 with a $10 phantom power. People I talk with say it sounds like I'm in the room with them when I use it.

Had a gaymer headset at first, then upgraded to good headphones + v-moda boom pro mic and a few weeks ago got a Rhode NT-usb mic.
It's sitting next to my monitor. It's great.

CAD U37

I dont see the point in the BM-800.

You need an audio interface to use it, and if you're spending that much on an audio interface, might as well spend more and get a name brand XLR mic.

My CAD U37 for $27 on sale has been great for in-game chat, skype, discord, etc.

I wouldnt use it for Voice Over work or anything, but for $30, can't really complain.

Headphones and speakers?

C310 webcam mic

best mic

Speakers are Monoprice 5" studio monitors. They're just rebranded M-Audio 5" monitors at half the cost.

Headphones are AKG K712

Was actually wondering why have both at the same time but thanks for the info

You're wondering why i would have headphones and speakers at the same time?

>tfw I use a shitty mic on purpose to record my hiphop music so it sounds warm/fuzzy

Zoom h2

>What do you recommend for someone who uses voice chat a lot?
Shure SM58 + MOTU A8 audio interface

Antlion Modmic 4.0 unidirectional

Samson Meteor with custom arm for it.

>detective agency batsu
My nigga. Looks like you were just on the part where hosei gets fucked over by the joint liability card too. That was a fun one. I'm looking forward to this years batsu already, when the translation gets done.

Mk-f100l, a BM800 with usb power. It's cheaper in total but worse in quality

what are the 7 remaining preamps for?

Showing off your wealth ;)

well then an expensive microphone with a small interface would be way more effective

>that mousepad under mousepad

just buy a standalone wrist rest or cut it off from the mousepad

I have an MXL-AC404

why? The mousemat is like 1mm thick, it provides no obstetrical to the transition.

>voice chat

Get what you posted. Don't fall for the non-usb meme unless you have an external sound card or interference / coil whine.

What's wrong with any headphones/earphones with mic? I've heard YouTube videos where they use apple earpods and it sounds pretty good

If you buy a combo headset that you pay $150 for you get headphones worth $90 and a mic worth $10

buy them separately or you're getting ripped off

>youtube.com/watch?v=ucicsFlnpWs
>random faggot with $20 apple earpods
>/out/side
sounds fine to me