Android is open source

>Android is open source
>Linux is open source

Why can't someone make Android apps like MS office run on desktop Linux? I know MS office is closed source, but the OS it runs on isn't.

Other urls found in this thread:

duckduckgo.com/?q=run android apps on windows
jide.com/remixos-for-pc
shashlik.io
imagefap.com/pictures/5301448/Big-tit-chav?gid=5301448&view=2
net-model.com/Portfolios/ModelPortfolio.asp?UserID=187606&IID=&cmd=&linking=
shashlik.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Someone do the same for grindr please

Because apps aren't open source and even though you can decompile them it isn't perfect, so it requires a lot of work to convert that into a working application.

If you don't know why it doesn't work that way then you don't belong on this board.

/thread

duckduckgo.com/?q=run android apps on windows

Retard

Aka I don't know how it works so I'm just going to call him stupid and not answer his question.

Oh, Linux. Nevermind.

It's certainly doable. Want to do it? Sounds like a project that would be fun to work on, and get to learn a lot about Android on the way. I'm out for the rest of the day but I'm baggatea on freenode if anyone fancies making this work.

>Android apps run on desktop Linux?

You can already do that easily. If you don't know how, then you are an idiot.

its already done, use Remix OS
jide.com/remixos-for-pc

We don't need another distro, we need to strengthen our most popular distro.

>Deb based distros like Ubuntu

Remix OS is android not linux

> inb4 android is linux

android is linux's mentally disabled cousin

because most apps are ARM and not x86?

also shashlik.io

Fag

Who is this semen demon?

Who is this sperm worm?

Who is this dick dump?

you can r un android on your computer and then the app, idiot

Who is this system daemon?

Who is this fluid druid?

Who is this titty terminator?
Who is this jizz devil?
Who is this walking sperm depository?
Who is this boner owner?
Who is dick devastator?

Who is this spunker bunker?

who is this breast beast?

imagefap.com/pictures/5301448/Big-tit-chav?gid=5301448&view=2

Who are these round mounds?

she is sashadreambaby

she is a 21 year old british girl who lives in Ross On Wye

net-model.com/Portfolios/ModelPortfolio.asp?UserID=187606&IID=&cmd=&linking=

Who is this sweet meat?

didnt expect that someone would actually tell who it is

Thanks based user

Thanks

Who wants to run java shit on their desktop?

Better than on the phone where power usage is critical...

I was just doing mine for the memes but ty

No. Android apps are usually compiled to Dalvik bytecode, Android's take on the Java JVM, and are platform independent like Java apps. Some contain ARM binaries and those are platform-dependent much like Java apps that have JNI.

tfw fetish box is unchecked

Well, I'm back now and nobody /msg'd me. So seems like you didn't want it enough.

not like anyone is gonna pay her for photos with that face of hers unless her pussy comes included in the deal

Agree. To make this work would take:
>a Dalvik VM running native on Linux
>remove the one-user-per-signing-key mess and have the apps storage in ~/.local/share/ and cache in ~/.cache
>a graphical and input wrapper for (fixed size?) windows using X + OpenGL (ES?)
>android notification -> desktop notification (libnotify?) compatibility layer
>a launcher replacement with desktop (.desktop?) integration
>replace Android's audio with a PulseAudio client (seen this done before already I think)

Anything else?

Oh, an installer for double-clicking APKs, and possibly include fdroid.apk by default.

I like her face :(

Different libraries. A chroot could do it, but it wont worth it.

Archon project

What's wrong with Java?

Why does JAVA exist?
Shitty boiler plate code: yes
Shit performance: yes
No low level/serious programming: yes
Never used for serious applications like Autodesk Maya and high end games: yes
Run once, debug everywhere: yes
Might as well use C++: yes

noice. thanks user

Because Google SDK is nonfree just like half of fucking Android's runtime.

Too bad the courts allowed this abomination of java esque aids as being completely a-ok and not a violation of Oracle's copyright.

Maybe a rewrite and massive multi billion would have put the fear of God in these pajeet faggots

Android just pretends to be Open

Wrong Android has nothing to do linux. A fair comparison would be comparing Android to GNU or GNU distros like debian.

>cd
>cd
>cd code
>cd

Oh look, we found a real life programmer here!

Nigger, you don't know shit about anything.

Go back to writing fizzbuzz you faggot.

You don't belong on this board, either.

t. Someone who doesn't know

Memory management and safety, platform independent binaries, huge set of libraries, decent support for multithreading, raise exceptions rather than undefined behaviour, works well with static analysis tools.

C++ is raw power for real developers. What businesses want is to employ pajeet-tier devs and trust them not to shoot both their legs off with a fucking simple off-by-one error.

>half of fucking Android's runtime
[citation needed]

Typical chav

But we already have the MS Office suite as a web app.

god i want to punch you in the face and every pretentiosu fag on this board as well. you're all just a bunch of trend followers

>not knowing what remix os is
Android is a completely different os with its own built in stack, API's, and libraries but it runs the linux kernel.

Major devs might as well use python with jit and binary conversion.

Is Ubuntu the best?? Why can't they they focus on making one good.

She's looking for work guys. We really should start a gofundme for her. She does swimwear apparently.

First, Android isn't really Oen source completely.. But seriously if you want something that can make Work document files for free in a open source software in linux. Use fucking Libre Office. I use it to do most of my college work now. (Use a Raspberry Pi as a productivity PC. Since most video runs like shit on it when streamed in HTML 5)

Dynamic language without type safety. Great for rapid development, resists static analysis far more than C/C++ and is hard to refactor without really good test coverage.

>you don't belong on this board
>implying that's bad

0/10 nice try

Fucking children in this thread. It's not about having a working office you moron, it's about something being possible and having more than one way to do things. You've got to be the dullest dullard if you can't imagine what having Android apps on the desktop would give you.

Scraping Uber using location hacks, using Shazam against files on your filesystem, running Android games, exploiting the freebies given to people in return for their tracking data without sharing said data, running apps remotely or sharing them. The sky's the limit.

shashlik.io

This is why I fucking hate you stupid kids who beg for shit without doing ANY research.

>doesn't realize WPS office for linux make MS office entirely irrelevant

>2013

by now shes a single mom with black babies

>pulseauido

Oh God never mind I'm no longer interested

Because that would be like polishing a turd. Or putting a diamond necklace on a chimp